talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alisson Becker - Roma Goalkeeper Completes Move to Anfield

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

You are a strange one sometimes... 

The style of play adopted by Liverpool last season was great to watch and I wouldn't want to see that change for this season, Defensively a little bit more focus was required and with the additions being signed it would be fair to say he has a decent shot of being in contention for all the same trophies as anyone else but there is only so much money you can throw at something before expecting some silverware on the table..

I think what has been suggested though about pointing fingers at other clubs who spend big and win nothing  then finding your club in the same position won't go unnoticed.. City still the team to beat, but with the usual changes for Chelsea and with Arsenal starting a new period under a new manager the top 6 or 7 clubs are going to make it a very interesting season for all of us.. 

I'm just saying that yes I'd love us to win some trophies, but I'm not going to be calling for Klopps head if we don't and I think I speak on behalf of the majority of our fan base. 

It just comes across that most fans of other clubs want Klopp to come under pressure if trophies don't come thick and fast. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm just saying that yes I'd love us to win some trophies, but I'm not going to be calling for Klopps head if we don't and I think I speak on behalf of the majority of our fan base. 

It just comes across that most fans of other clubs want Klopp to come under pressure if trophies don't come thick and fast. 

Our fans decided to go mental when we weren't winning trophies and that was when we weren't spending much money. Winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years didn't help either. I just want the media to be fair and obsessively tear Klopp down and I just want your fans to act like mongs like our fans but bigger mongs because you spent more money. Go through my pain.

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

great post.

in addition, funny how Donnarumma gets loads of stick but has better averages than one of the world's greatest ever keepers last season. And better than Handanovic who I thought had a great season with Inter and is a brilliant keeper.

I think the real problem with Donnarumma is his agent. Any young goalkeeper will make mistakes, this is normal, but it seems Donnarumma´s performance regressed last season.

In my opinion, the way Mino Raiola handled his contract renewal put a lot of stress in Donnarumma´s relationship with Milan fans and in consequence put a lot of unnecessary pressure on him. But going forward, I agree, I think the kid will be just fine. 

It´ll be fun to watch Lafont and Donnarumma in Serie A this season. 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Our fans decided to go mental when we weren't winning trophies and that was when we weren't spending much money. Winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years didn't help either. I just want the media to be fair and obsessively tear Klopp down and I just want your fans to act like mongs like our fans but bigger mongs because you spent more money. Go through my pain.

You go through our pain first, 2 seasons not qualifying for the top 4 is a start... but keep it coming. Get a good manager who raises expectation, has a few years of solid progress... then get some shit owners and the first time things start to go sour, have them sack that manager and hire someone totally dogshite. Then have them take you to the brink of administration and have the dogshite manager tell you things like a draw at home to some recently promoted side is a good result while you're juuuust baaarely hovering above the relegation zone. Then have a few years of false dawns with absolutely miserable crashes after the high points and have things stagnate for a bit until you finally start to turn things around.

Try that first, and we'll try enjoying the decades of stability you fucking had. Then maybe we can go through each others respective pains again.

Just now, El Profesor said:

I think the real problem with Donnarumma is his agent. Any young goalkeeper will make mistakes, this is normal, but it seems Donnarumma´s performance regressed last season.

In my opinion, the way Mino Raiola handled his contract renewal put a lot of stress in Donnarumma´s relationship with Milan fans and in consequence put a lot of unnecessary pressure on him. But going forward, I agree, I think the kid will be just fine. 

It´ll be fun to watch Lafont and Donnarumma in Serie A this season. 

To be fair to Donnarumma too, when he first came through the ranks he was looking like a keeper with maturity waaaay beyond his years. He looked great really... especially considering he was pretty fucking young when he made the first team keeper job his own. His contract saga with Milan and the fact that he is still very young for a keeper (and looking well beyond his years was unsustainable at a point, all young players have inconsistencies and it's a position where experience makes a difference) has soured a lot of peoples views of him.

He's still a good keeper and he's still got a bright future ahead of him. But he sounds like a prick and because the Italian media treated him initially as the next Buffon, whenever he makes an error or anything, he gets hounded. Bit unfair for him, but that's what happens when you've got that kind of role foisted upon you and you play for AC Milan.

• Subscriber

Donnarumma is 19. Jordan Pickford was on loan at Alfreton Town when he was 19. Allison hadn't even reached the Internacional first team squad at 19. Hugo Lloris was just breaking into the Nice team at 19. Peter Schmeichel was at Gladsaxe-Hero at 19. They don't even have a Wikipedia page. Perspective.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Donnarumma is 19. Jordan Pickford was on loan at Alfreton Town when he was 19. Allison hadn't even reached the Internacional first team squad at 19. Hugo Lloris was just breaking into the Nice team at 19. Peter Schmeichel was at Gladsaxe-Hero at 19. They don't even have a Wikipedia page. Perspective.

I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Anyone saying anything negative about Donnarumma's ability need to have a word with themselves. 

19 and over 100 appearances for AC Milan? Shite mate.

I did say he's overrated earlier... but that doesn't mean I don't think he's good. He made his debut at 16 had an insane run of form as he took over in between the sticks. But anyone who ends up buying him (if he does ever leave Milan) should know that they're buying a good keeper but a lot of what the pricetag will be is for paying for the future and the player it looks like he'll become... as well as the keeper he is currently.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

I am a firm believer in investing heavily on your weaknesses. As Liverpool have done. 

However, that said, if this season doesn't provide any improvement to last, Klopp is to blame. 

It takes time to gel mate. Big changes in the starting 11.i don't think it's realistic to expect a title or trophy this season as a mandatory requirement. 

The Alisson signing will move the transfer market for goalkeepers. According to the rumours I´ve read this is what could happen:

Roma: Olsen or Aréola

Aréola in special is one to watch. According to Paris United, Mino Raiola is pushing Aréola to move from PSG with the arrival of Buffon and Didier Deschamps also told Aréola that if he wants to be the starter of Les Bleus in the future, he must be a starter at his club. 

Chelsea: Donnarumma

This is from last year, when Donnarumma renewed with Milan. I´m not sure if this clause exists, but the rumours were that there was a clause on his contract that lowered his release clause to 50 million euros if Milan failed to qualify to the Champions League and that´s what exactly what happened. This could make a deal easier. 

Real Madrid: Courtois

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Mainly MadLad if you look back a few posts. 

My only point is that one of the main things that I argue against on here is double standards. Mourinho, for example, gets a lot of stick for spending loads of money and being so far away from Manchester City last season, and some of the fans who beat him with that stick are Liverpool fans on here. You (not specifically you perhaps) can't expect to dish out that line against Mourinho then not expect to have the same thing thrown back at Klopp if Liverpool have another trophiless season after he spends £75m on a centre back and another £66m on a goalkeeper as well as the whatever it was on Naby Keita and however much you've spent on Fabinho.

True and i don't disagree. But what i like about it efforts is they generally fill the big holes in our squad. 

Sometimes united seem to splash cash for less worthy reasons that would better align with florentino perez.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

As it most definitely should. As things stand, its between you and City 

I'll settle for us closing the points gap on city and being more consistent through the year. 

City aren't just standing still either after all 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Arsenal fans interpreted the lack of investment as the club not even trying to win things. So the criticism you the club was more "you're not even trying" rather than "you've tried and it just hasn't come off".

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Chelsea: Donnarumma

This is from last year, when Donnarumma renewed with Milan. I´m not sure if this clause exists, but the rumours were that there was a clause on his contract that lowered his release clause to 50 million euros if Milan failed to qualify to the Champions League and that´s what exactly what happened. This could make a deal easier. 

Not just Chelsea, there were strong links a while back regarding Juventus but they've gone for Perin. Seems Donnarumma's stock could not be lower atm, no clubs are being linked with him at all. 

If anything it shows that Klopp is a hypocrite regarding the Pogba deal.

I'm sure this season he'll be fine whether they win a trophy or not, but this season will largely determine whether he gets the sack or not next season. League Cups and FA Cups won't save his job though, Liverpool need a big performance in the league and again in Europe.

On 18/07/2018 at 03:31, Harry said:

I haven't seen enough of him to be comfortable on the cost outlay. Really only seen  his champs league and world cup efforts. 

Roma rumoured to be backfilling him with Donnarumma. Is that an upgrade or a downgrade for them? 

Donnarumma would have to take a paycut to join Roma, so I don't see that as a deal that will be made.

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

If anything it shows that Klopp is a hypocrite regarding the Pogba deal.

Possibly, or like the rest of us he has come to terms and accepted that retarded fees are part and parcel of football nowadays. Look at everybody's reactions to the Pogba deal initially, to now the reactions to 70m for a goalkeeper. We all just go with the flow now. 

As for the deal, I'm delighted. If we can get Fekir then we will have had a blinder of a window, the only way possible to make it perfect is another back up CB. But with Matip, Klavan & Gomez it's not absolutely vital. Though, If we sold Matip and brought in Cahill I wouldn't be mad at all, he might have had a few dodgy times at Chelsea but he's a more than capable player to have on the heels of Lovren, and it would bring the best out of our "world class" CB.

• The title was changed to Alisson Becker - Roma Goalkeeper Completes Move to Anfield

Archived