talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mateo Kovačić - Signs for Chelsea FC on loan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Kovačić wanted to go mate. He forced Real’s hand and even went on strike. They tried to talk to him but he wasn’t having any of it. He won’t be going back... This is a loan deal but Real have been clever because if he does well for Chelsea in the Premier League, they will make the price big!

I know mate, that's why i commented about the Milan clubs. What i'm saying is that they've asked before (there were rumours even yesterday after it was published Kovacic refused to train) and Madrid said no, and now Chelsea comes and they say yes. Perhaps Kovacic just preferred to play in the Prem or it's like i said, because Chelsea can pay more should he succeed plus it puts them in a better position in their Courtouis chase.

BTW: Can you link me to where you told Marc to play in the motorway?, i'm dying to see it. xD

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

How would Chelsea play? Would Kante be encouraged to press more forwards?

Kovacic-----------Kante

Jorginho 

People forget Kante isn't a DM. In fact, Kante's best attributes occur in the oppositions half, by winning the ball back. 

I don't rate Kovacic as highly as some do on here and in Spain but on paper he would act as the missing piece of the jigsaw in our midfield. Although Kovacic hasn't been helped by irregular playing time (and similar to Isco beforehand) the lack of knowing his true position in midfield, I'm not totally convinced by him as I know others are, and like Morata last summer there's that doubt about where his potential will go. A loan deal makes this a good move though and on paper we strengthen a position in which I'm most worried about. Nearly suicide for Barkley though, as we'd be bringing in a player of similar characteristics but who has more to his overall game. 

His end product is suspect, however as Luke mentioned, he has that bit extra compared to Barkley and Reuben Loftus-Cheek. He'll provide energy in midfield and the image of KDB ghosting pass Cesc as if he wasn't even there will forever be erased from memory. 

Reckon both Reuben Loftus-Cheek and Bakayoko will be out on loan. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His end product is suspect, however as Luke mentioned, he has that bit extra compared to Barkley and Reuben Loftus-Cheek. He'll provide energy in midfield and the image of KDB ghosting pass Cesc as if he wasn't even there will forever be erased from memory. 

Reckon both Reuben Loftus-Cheek and Bakayoko will be out on loan. 

Bizarre as Loftus-Cheek is definitely good enough for your Chelsea side and you'd save money on Kovacic.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bizarre as Loftus-Cheek is definitely good enough for your Chelsea side and you'd save money on Kovacic.

No, he most certainly isn't. Squad player at best right now, but he more than likely will want to be playing every week. 

On 07/08/2018 at 12:00, Storts said:

Yeah, looks like going to Chelsea - hard done by Chelsea.

I hate our transfer window so much - this was such an obvious easy signing to have made, particular if a loan was available - and I am under no doubt that Kovacic would have been happy to play in the Champions League and for Pochettino.

We are not going to do any business, despite having a glaring hole in the centre of midfield.

Great signing for Chelsea though -    Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic is excellent - very well balanced

xD

Looks like we have left a few deals till right at the death... 

Could be a decent addition.. can take a few knocks from what I can see and fairly quick with his feet, At least Sarri will have some options to tinker around with

Still lacking on the striker front though given the form that Morata is showing... Sarri reckons it will take 2 or 3 months to bed in his way of playing

Archived