talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raul Ruidiaz Joining MLS

football forum

It is unknown which club he will be joining, but he will go as a DP to a team in the MLS after Morelia accepted. Apparently, its almost a done deal and all that needs to happen is for Ruidiaz to give the green light.

Its not Toronto and its not Atlanta who both have forwards. I'm hoping its a good team though, such as Seattle who need a forward or the new Los Angeles team. Just as long as its not a team such as Minnesota, I'm all good. He deserves better for his achievements in recent years.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Who?

The top scorer in the Liga MX since Apertura 2016.

I wouldn't say he's the best striker in the league, but he's up there and is a proven goalscorer with 40+ goals since he joined.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

The top scorer in the Liga MX since Apertura 2016.

I wouldn't say he's the best striker in the league, but he's up there and is a proven goalscorer with 40+ goals since he joined.

standard MLS. Signing a finished striker. 

Yep - Looks like he is heading to Seattle. Good for him, and he'll enjoy the city as it's much better city as any I know of in Mexico. 

Smart move for Sounders. Would have made more sense if he went to Houston, or one of the LA teams, as they have a more Latina following (like Atlanta), whereas the amount of Latin/South Americans in Seattle is likely minuscule. 

With that being said, Seattle has a great following, and an AWFUL attack, so it's a much needed move. To put things in perspective, Sounders have thus played 11 matches, and have scored a whopping 7 goals....They need help and after getting knocked out last night in the US Open Cup, they will just be trying to make a playoff push with no other distraction. 

I actually like that Ruidiaz is staying in the America's. Seattle are finalists the past 2 years, and the MLS is improving in quality. Its not Boca Juniors or Palmeiras, 2 clubs that I think he could have played for but I honestly don't think he'll make a big impact in Europe. That said, I think he does have EU nationality.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

With that being said, Seattle has a great following, and an AWFUL attack, so it's a much needed move. To put things in perspective, Sounders have thus played 11 matches, and have scored a whopping 7 goals....They need help and after getting knocked out last night in the US Open Cup, they will just be trying to make a playoff push with no other distraction. 

Then Ruidiaz is the man to change that. Monarcas were in the same situation, and any chance he had in the box went in. He's nothing like your typical Peruvian forward, but my word he is a great finisher.

Something not known to Mexicans is that he actually is quite agile. Hernandez used Ruidiaz in a poacher role so he looks limited, but he is capable of much more. He's been carrying teams on his back since he was in Peru, where he played for La U who were fighting relegation at the time and turned them into title contenders.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Bye bye.... All those goals and how many trophies? 

3 hattricks, 8 individual awards and recognized as one of the best players in the league in those 2 years.

You're just delighted because he won't bang them in anymore in your league.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been announced by Seattle. Nice little touch from them to put our national anthem.

The ending of the video is terrible though xD

Archived