talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton's New Stadium

32 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Manc academic quick to do down anything to do with Liverpool, quelle surprise.

Liverpool isn't in any dramatic risk at the moment, other parts of the country have more pressing concerns. It is something that needs to be considered though, with Trump and the imbeciles running America at the moment the Environment is something which will probably take a downturn.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton won't care if it goes under water anyway considering it's the taxpayer who's funding it :ph34r:

Under the proposed finance structure of the SPV the council will not provide any finance for the new stadium, which is anticipated to cost in excess of £300m and will be fully funded by the Club. 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/03/23/everton-take-first-step-towards-new-stadium

Only been to Goodison once, was on about shin level to the players, absolutely dreadful for spectating but a really nice old-school ground nonetheless. I have read that it may be utilised in conjunction with Liverpool's bid to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games, which hopefully doesn't lead to fans and the pitch being in separate time zones like they are at the Olympic Stadium.

I agree most new grounds are (very pretty) soulless bowls but I think a lot of that is to do with scale: go to any non-league new build in the past decade and they all have some degree of charm and personalisation, it's when you need to scale that by 50 that it doesn't work. 

football forum
8 minutes ago, tlr said:

I have read that it may be utilised in conjunction with Liverpool's bid to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games, which hopefully doesn't lead to fans and the pitch being in separate time zones like they are at the Olympic Stadium.

The fans were consulted about the new ground and the biggest demand was that the stands are near to the pitch.

The architect building the new stadium has confirmed that regardless of the outer design the stands will be in the traditional "four corner" mould so that every fan is near to the action.

I'm guessing if they wanted to use it for the Commonwealth Games they'd use the pitch for events like Javelin or Discus.

21 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

How can the council be the guarantor for this new stadium?

Just using their status as a council to get the funds. I'm sure people are happier giving money to SPVs created by the council than a football club. 

Plus they get massive benefits, not only do we regenerate an area that is badly needed but they get £4-5 million a year for 40 years (the lease) for lending their name. 

The architect we have is known for bespoke designs, and has been interacting with fans on social media to gauge opinion. He's basically confirmed it won't be like any old other ground nor like anything else he has done before.

He's actually just designed Roma's new ground that got approved recently...

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Everton's New Stadium
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You would have thought they'd use a better graphic software than LMA Manager 2003.

what a game.

EAT MY GOAL!

(fully aware it was the song for 2001 version but oh well). 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I hate the way the game is going, all these great old stadiums getting knocked down  ...Upton Park had much more character than that bowl thing they now play in

Agreed. It all started when a stadium was built for The Commonwealth Games in 2002 and a football team soon took it over.

• Subscriber

Can't really see what those images are meant to show us to be honest. As long as the stands aren't 50 yards away from pitch side like West Ham I'm not too bothered how they're shaped. They mentioned including some of Goodisons iconic wooden patterns in the design, that would be nice, then make it look impressive and intimidating on the outside.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Our ground is good news to the whole of English football as it has safe standing too. It's the way forward.

So does our new ground...it doesn't have safe standing, just the potential for it - doesn't mean anything until the law changes

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46641119

Everton's planned new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock has a proposed capacity of 52,000 with the possibility to add a further 10,000 seats.

The club hope to submit a planning application for the project in the second half of 2019.

A second public consultation will also be held next summer.

"It is important to stress that this is our 'proposed' capacity and it is what we are currently working towards," said stadium director Colin Chong.

"We believe that our approach is the right one because it is commercially and financially sustainable and will mean that, in the long term, we will be able to increase the capacity should there be a demand and requirement to do so."

Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton in February 2016 and outlined plans for a move from Goodison Park, which has a capacity of 39,572.

An initial plan was to build a stadium at Walton Hall Park, a short distance north-east of the club's home since 1892, but it was opposed by local residents.

Those plans were abandoned in May 2016, with the club moving its attention to the site at Bramley Moore Dock.

Should planning permission be granted, Everton hope the stadium would be ready for the 2023-24 season.

They previously abandoned plans to move to Kings Dock in 2003 and Kirkby in 2009.

• 7 months later...

Archived