talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png

Returning in the Premier League after 4 seasons out. And in one of those Championship seasons they finished 20th. It's been a remarkable rise back to the big time for the West London club. Now, where can they finish in their first season back? 

They're looking for continuity in personnel as they've been linked with signing the players back that helped get them promotion...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11398396/fulham-want-to-re-sign-loan-stars-that-helped-fire-them-into-premier-league

Fulham want to keep their promotion-winning core together next season and will try to sign the loan players that helped them back into the Premier League this summer, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites are keen to land Chelsea duo Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon, Brighton's Oliver Norwood, Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and Southampton left-back Matt Targett after their successful season-long spells at Craven Cottage.

Kalas' loan has an £8.5m option included but Fulham have a different valuation of the player and are hoping to negotiate a lower fee with Chelsea, who have allowed both the centre-back and attacker Piazon to spend two seasons at their local rivals.

Fulham saw an offer for midfielder Norwood rejected in the January transfer window, and he was understood to favour a permanent switch to west London at the time.

Mitrovic and Targett played especially crucial roles as the Whites went on a 23-game unbeaten run and finished third in the Championship, before beating Derby and Aston Villa in the play-offs, and they are also considered top transfer targets this summer.

Mitrovic scored 12 goals after joining on loan from Newcastle on January's Deadline Day, while Targett made 21 appearances after also joining in the January window.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been reported to make Kalas and Piazon's loan deals permanent. 8 million. To which we actually lost money on this deal if reported to be true. 

Again, just makes no sense how we are still being retarded with money and won't pay Sarri out of his contract. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Fulham only have 17 players in their first team and the transfer window closes in just over 2 weeks. They're gonna need more than that surely to survive?!

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Fulham only have 17 players in their first team and the transfer window closes in just over 2 weeks. They're gonna need more than that surely to survive?!

They've been linked with three defenders, a goalkeeper, Mitrovic and another attacking player this week. Deals for Kalas and Piazon could be arranged at short notice. They'll be fine.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How will you guys line up? 

I've only started to follow Fulham from this year so i'm not gonna act i'm a expert on them. 

But looking on the new signings and the way they played previous season.

Fabri

Marchand   Odoi   Ream   Christie

McDonald

Seri            Cairney

Sessegenon         Schurrle

Mirtovic 

8 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I've only started to follow Fulham from this year so i'm not gonna act i'm a expert on them. 

But looking on the new signings and the way they played previous season.

Fabri

Marchand   Odoi   Ream   Christie

McDonald

Seri            Cairney

Sessegenon         Schurrle

Mirtovic 

Unless they've trialled something new in pre-season I imagine Sessegenon will most likely play at left back or left wing, Christie probably at right back.

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

Fulham plot clear-out

Fulham is trying to off-load several fringe players as they look to slash costs.

Stefan Johansen, Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano have all been told they can leave this month.

West Brom, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa have all spoken about the trio, who played big roles in The Cottagers promotion last season.

Norwegian playmaker Johansen and wide-men Ayite and Kebano will now have a choice of clubs – whilst there is also interest from Italy and France.

Aboubakar Kamara – who has been suspended by Fulham – has also been the subject of interest, but it is understood that possible assault charges against the player could impact on his immediate future

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-gossip-manchester-united-15735588

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Why would I be wanking Fulham off? 

Thought that was the general fan concensus. Wank Fulham off because they play tippy tappy exciting football and deserve everything based on half a season etc. 

I'm mainly taking the piss based on the last 18 months or so. 

Archived