talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Work/Jobs Thread

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Today volunteering at CAB, we had to phone the police on a client of mine. Apparently only the third time we've phoned the police in 20 years. 

Had a 20 year-old boy bawling crying, threatening to smash an air conditioning unit, against the wall, showing me the scars on his neck from a suicide attempt, telling me about how his step-dad raped him and how he himself was falsely accused of raping some girl. Ultimately he said he was going to kill himself and we had to phone the police at that point.

I feel your pain. We have to do it as well slightly more regularly when we meet with our tenants. Not much else you can do but call the police though to be fair. 

Was he okay in the end? 

• 3 weeks later...

The new position is everything they didn't promise me. I will have to work on Saturday's and my department will be cut away from the current front office under a new director. I kinda expected this from this terrible company for which i gave years of my life. Actively looking for a new job and sending my CV to companies, so i can quit this job.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a job interview tomorrow morning in Edinburgh for a legal traineeship. Got to give a presentation on the effect of Brexit on Scottish legislation, then have an interview with one of the firm's partners and the firm's HR Director.

Shiteing it slightly. I'm normally not too nervous for interviews or presentations, and the first round interview I did with the firm was very pleasant. I'm just hoping the interview doesn't get into too much legal technicality, considering that constitutional law is not really my strong point, and I've only prepped this topic over a couple of days.

However, it's only got to be a 5-10 minute presentation so I doubt there's really so much that we get into in that time-frame. Plus, the work I would be doing wouldn't have much to do with these kinds of legal issues. It's probably more just to gauge my confidence and speaking skills.

On 13/11/2018 at 16:40, Cannabis said:

Good Luck :).

Cheers, I feel like it went well!

They told me that they had fast-tracked my application onto the final stage, and that they hadn't finished most of their first-round interviews so far, which sounds promising. They also seemed to be convinced that I had other interview processes going on and seemed paranoid that I was considering other offers, and seemed very determined to get my application dealt with ASAP.

In reality, I've got nothing else on the go right now, except a few open applications that haven't been responded to yet. But they seemed to be trying very hard to sell the company to me, and they were being very nice, so I didn't say anything to dispel that notion. It was probably the most pleasant job interview I've ever had.

From the sounds of it, they seemed close to deciding I was their guy, so hopefully I've not said anything out of step to change their minds.

So that interview process with the firm in Edinburgh went well right enough - they've offered me a job! 

I start in 2020, so I'll be a fully qualified solicitor in 2022. They do have an office in Glasgow, but their corporate law team is in Edinburgh, which I'd be more interested in.

I have a spare year in 2019-20 to work/travel which is also nice.

Right now I'm just absolutely buzzing that I don't need to spend hours and hours out of my week making applications and prepping for interviews anymore.

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 4

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

So that interview process with the firm in Edinburgh went well right enough - they've offered me a job! 

I start in 2020, so I'll be a fully qualified solicitor in 2022. They do have an office in Glasgow, but their corporate law team is in Edinburgh, which I'd be more interested in.

I have a spare year in 2019-20 to work/travel which is also nice.

Right now I'm just absolutely buzzing that I don't need to spend hours and hours out of my week making applications and prepping for interviews anymore.

That's quality, having that kind of security for a job. Well done mate. 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Working 3 different shifts isn't as easy as i thought it would be with a baby. On nights this week and i always end up doing 12 hours on the Sunday night.

The fact i've worked my way up to management and i'm on good money has stopped me looking for day jobs. I do a week of 10-6 then a week of 2-10 then a week of 6-2. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator
4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Working 3 different shifts isn't as easy as i thought it would be with a baby. On nights this week and i always end up doing 12 hours on the Sunday night.

The fact i've worked my way up to management and i'm on good money has stopped me looking for day jobs. I do a week of 10-6 then a week of 2-10 then a week of 6-2. 

Man, I couldn’t go back to doing nights. And 12 hours on a Sunday is a killer 

Use to work for Lloyds banking for nearly 10 years, I had to leave in the end. Became horrible, was an open office with around 120 of us, spread out into various teams. The following was fucking annoying.

Arselickers - Generally they are the ones who progressed, had their heads so far up managers arses it was beyond belief, never progressed due to their credentials or having the right tools for the job.

Long term over 50s employees - The ones who get away with doing jack shit, they been at the bank for 20- 30 years, friends with all the managers who started at the same time as them. They generally tend to be thick as pig shit, can't switch a computer on, never get in any trouble for what the younger employees get in trouble for. They are allowed to laugh loud, make social calls on work phones which are banned, and talk about corrie and pop idol all day.

Crocodile tears (crafty fuckers) - Mostly women, they get caught out or make a mistake, to avoid any questioning they start crying when cornered, which results in the manager letting things go.

Sly back-stabbers - The fuckers who grass on everyone, and anyone. Will always run to management grassing on people on their own team and other teams, some managers are like this, grassing on colleagues from other teams. These fuckers make me sick.

Jealous bitter people - The ones who can't take others getting credit. One of my managers couldn't handle it whenever I got credit or did work pro-actively without being asked. These were jobs she was suppose to be doing, and she knew it would reflect badly on her, so the bitch would try stitching me up at every opportunity.  

Three months in the new position (team leader for collection of debt), working with 10 women of different age gaps is challenging, especially when i am directly responsible for their results. The pay is a lot better than on my previous position. The work hours are slightly worse, but will be the same in a week time. In the end salary is the most important i guess, so i'd say i got it better now.

But the work with women is so damn hard 

• Subscriber

Currently split 60/40 between two of our offices. Monday and Tuesday in Hull, and Wednesday to Thursday in Leeds. Driving to Leeds is a bloody nightmare and will be the death of me but they won't give me any more Hull days yet!

3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Currently split 60/40 between two of our offices. Monday and Tuesday in Hull, and Wednesday to Thursday in Leeds. Driving to Leeds is a bloody nightmare and will be the death of me but they won't give me any more Hull days yet!

Are you a supervisor?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Are you a supervisor?

Nope. I just have the nice flexibility that I can do my job from any of our offices. I applied for the job in Leeds with the view of moving closer, which I did, and then circumstances changed which meant I had to move back to Grimsby where I'm from which is closer to Hull. I asked if I could be transferred to the Hull office permanently but my boss won't allow it. She wants me to do 2 days in Hull, and 3 days in Leeds still. It could change though, but if not I'll be looking for another job I think but I will struggle to find another job in radio at the moment around the Grimsby/Hull area.

2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Nope. I just have the nice flexibility that I can do my job from any of our offices. I applied for the job in Leeds with the view of moving closer, which I did, and then circumstances changed which meant I had to move back to Grimsby where I'm from which is closer to Hull. I asked if I could be transferred to the Hull office permanently but my boss won't allow it. She wants me to do 2 days in Hull, and 3 days in Leeds still. It could change though, but if not I'll be looking for another job I think but I will struggle to find another job in radio at the moment around the Grimsby/Hull area.

Sucks mate, cool that you work at the radio though. Do you have a part in a show or do you get things like microphones and stuff working?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Sucks mate, cool that you work at the radio though. Do you have a part in a show or do you get things like microphones and stuff working?

Unfortunately not as cool as either of those. I schedule the adverts for a couple of stations in our network. The aim is to break into radio properly though as I have the degree etc. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MUFC said:

Use to work for Lloyds banking for nearly 10 years, I had to leave in the end. Became horrible, was an open office with around 120 of us, spread out into various teams. The following was fucking annoying.

Arselickers - Generally they are the ones who progressed, had their heads so far up managers arses it was beyond belief, never progressed due to their credentials or having the right tools for the job.

Long term over 50s employees - The ones who get away with doing jack shit, they been at the bank for 20- 30 years, friends with all the managers who started at the same time as them. They generally tend to be thick as pig shit, can't switch a computer on, never get in any trouble for what the younger employees get in trouble for. They are allowed to laugh loud, make social calls on work phones which are banned, and talk about corrie and pop idol all day.

Crocodile tears (crafty fuckers) - Mostly women, they get caught out or make a mistake, to avoid any questioning they start crying when cornered, which results in the manager letting things go.

Sly back-stabbers - The fuckers who grass on everyone, and anyone. Will always run to management grassing on people on their own team and other teams, some managers are like this, grassing on colleagues from other teams. These fuckers make me sick.

Jealous bitter people - The ones who can't take others getting credit. One of my managers couldn't handle it whenever I got credit or did work pro-actively without being asked. These were jobs she was suppose to be doing, and she knew it would reflect badly on her, so the bitch would try stitching me up at every opportunity.  

Which area was that in? 

My sister works for Black Horse and while it doesn't sound quite as bad as what you mentioned, some of those things above she mentioned to me before. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

36 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Which area was that in? 

My sister works for Black Horse and while it doesn't sound quite as bad as what you mentioned, some of those things above she mentioned to me before. 

Maybe it sound worse then it is as you have so many pricks interchanging on one floor. Is in Manchester, building use to be opposite Manchester council, not far from Deansgate tram stop. They moved to a building called Westminster House in Piccadilly Gardens. 

PS fucking bastards. 

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

I briefly touched on this in another topic. But i got asked by one of the MD's to go and run a shift in the Warehouse. My department is Lamination and i barely knew any of the guys in the warehouse or the process. So i had to learn on the job, And it was pretty good. Learning more about SAP and other systems that i use daily. And it was a compliment being asked so i was always going to say yes. 

Does anyone use SAP?

Anyway... the reason i got asked was because there had recently been a managerial change down there with people re applying for their jobs. One of those ended up being external with old people not re applying. I actually showed this new guy round my department in his induction... anyway.... about a couple of weeks in to his new role in our company... there's talk of him not doing well and things aren't great.... and this article finds it's way to one of the MD's.  :| https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/abuser-put-relationship-course-avoids-17260564   So then it's :bye:  Hence me being asked to take an interim role to steady the ship. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

29 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I briefly touched on this in another topic. But i got asked by one of the MD's to go and run a shift in the Warehouse. My department is Lamination and i barely knew any of the guys in the warehouse or the process. So i had to learn on the job, And it was pretty good. Learning more about SAP and other systems that i use daily. And it was a compliment being asked so i was always going to say yes. 

Does anyone use SAP?

Anyway... the reason i got asked was because there had recently been a managerial change down there with people re applying for their jobs. One of those ended up being external with old people not re applying. I actually showed this new guy round my department in his induction... anyway.... about a couple of weeks in to his new role in our company... there's talk of him not doing well and things aren't great.... and this article finds it's way to one of the MD's.  :| https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/abuser-put-relationship-course-avoids-17260564   So then it's :bye:  Hence me being asked to take an interim role to steady the ship. 

We use Maximo at my work which from what I gather is a similar but simpler and different product. It's web based and do I find it to be annoyingly slow to refresh and save and other things. People seem to really rave about SAP

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

We use Maximo at my work which from what I gather is a similar but simpler and different product. It's web based and do I find it to be annoyingly slow to refresh and save and other things. People seem to really rave about SAP

Yes it's good. Got it open currently. 

ZFyB9zU.png

• The title was changed to Work/Jobs Thread