talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Work/Jobs Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Cheers will try it out. Salford quays is only a mile or so away from where I’m staying, and also where the course is at the manufacturing institute. 

Is media City worth a wander round? That’s nearby aswell ain’t it.  

Cheers mate some good options there for  over the weeks ;) 

Borello is only 10-15 away can always get an Uber if I don’t fancy driving. 

Everything. 

Have you heard of the Lowry shopping mall? The mall itself is crap with about 2 shops and a cinema, plus a standard small food court. But outside where the entrance to the mall is. There are quite a few restaurants there. Also inside the actual mall, there is suppose to be a new eating section with quite a few restaurants.

• Subscriber
On 12/01/2024 at 09:58, MUFC said:

Have you heard of the Lowry shopping mall? The mall itself is crap with about 2 shops and a cinema, plus a standard small food court. But outside where the entrance to the mall is. There are quite a few restaurants there. Also inside the actual mall, there is suppose to be a new eating section with quite a few restaurants.

Yep ;) IMG_3611.thumb.jpeg.a3b23e91ec17891992e8f4f0cbed0f6c.jpeg

Just walking past it now. Staying at Capthorne tonight, across from Old Trafford, only a 20 minute walk from here so just had a wander round Media City and found this spot.

IMG_3608.thumb.jpeg.7985b45d23362cf19b340b12e98c7566.jpeg

Over the next 3 weeks I’m gonna try almost famous and borello @DeadLinesman @Devil ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Just walking past it now. Staying at Capthorne tonight, across from Old Trafford, only a 20 minute walk from here so just had a wander round Media City and found this spot.

Over the next 3 weeks I’m gonna try almost famous and borello @DeadLinesman @Devil ;) 

Oh Lowry.

47 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Nice, bet it was cold round Salford Quays today. 

I love Almost Famous by the way. Its gluttony food but proper nice.

On 12/01/2024 at 09:58, MUFC said:

Have you not been in the new food court there?

Opened around October.

https://www.mediacityuk.co.uk/centralbay/

Its actually pretty good.

Edited by Devil

@JoshBRFC I'm in Manchester next Thursday as I have a health and safety exam. 

If you are still down there, we could have met up in Gay village x.

Luckily the test centre is 0.2 mile from Picadilly station. It'll literally take 7 mins to do the exam, so I might as well mooch around for a few hours after. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

9 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Luckily the test centre is 0.2 mile from Picadilly station. It'll literally take 7 mins to do the exam, so I might as well mooch around for a few hours after. 

That's weird I had a notification saying you'd quoted me in this post.

Clearly haven't though.

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It quoted one of your posts for some reason, so I edited it and removed it. That'll be why mate.

Is it the CSCS test you're are doing?

• Subscriber
On 18/01/2024 at 09:56, Carnivore Chris said:

I’m doing Wednesday night and Thursday day next week. Usually drive home soon as the course has finished but will stay around if you want some food and a pint mate? Obviously the one if I’m driving back to Skipton where I live 😂. PM me your number. 

Aren’t you near Preston? We could grab some food and I’ll drop you off on my way home mate. 

• Subscriber

Anyone on here have LinkedIn? I’m not looking for work but it’s a good thing to have.

Heres me last week, looking a mess as I’d had the man flu 😂

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lisajriley_processmapping-leantools-continuousimprovement-activity-7153717999080820737-ubnx?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 18/01/2024 at 20:18, Devil said:

Is it the CSCS test you're are doing?

Health and safety this one.

I do need to renew CSCS as well though soon, but that'll be Preston probably.

27 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I’m doing Wednesday night and Thursday day next week. Usually drive home soon as the course has finished but will stay around if you want some food and a pint mate? Obviously the one if I’m driving back to Skipton where I live 😂. PM me your number. 

Aren’t you near Preston? We could grab some food and I’ll drop you off on my way home mate. 

I'll send you my number on WhatsApp as I've already got yours. You should still have mine as well.

I was thinking of going to the museum since it's free and having a mooch about. That's if it doesn't rain xD

Lancaster mate, but dropping me off in Preston would be perfect.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Health and safety this one.

I do need to renew CSCS as well though soon, but that'll be Preston probably.

I'll send you my number on WhatsApp as I've already got yours. You should still have mine as well.

I was thinking of going to the museum since it's free and having a mooch about. That's if it doesn't rain xD

Lancaster mate, but dropping me off in Preston would be perfect.

Happy days I’ll WhatsApp you now mate. 

Not happy with the stench coming from tonight’s hotel. Just had a walk around and realised what it was next door. IMG_3752.thumb.jpeg.3a716f3650630df9b46a9e4ea40ac323.jpeg

You've gone down in my estimation.

You were in the Copthorne last week, you were literally round the corner. What you in this week the Hotel football?

• Subscriber
On 24/01/2024 at 22:26, Devil said:

You've gone down in my estimation.

You were in the Copthorne last week, you were literally round the corner. What you in this week the Hotel football?

xD No, is it good? Was just in the premier inn across the road mate. 

Really enjoyed being in and around Manchester to be honest. It’s just a fucking nightmare driving. The M60 is horrendous. It’s always a struggle getting to and from.

xD No, is it good? Was just in the premier inn across the road mate. 

Really enjoyed being in and around Manchester to be honest. It’s just a fucking nightmare driving. The M60 is horrendous. It’s always a struggle getting to and from.

Yeah, the M60 is a nightmare. 

I've been to a Concrete luncheon at Hotel football, I went thinking it would be decent but it wasn't great. My mate stayed over and said the Premier Inn rooms were better.

On 20/01/2024 at 20:32, JoshBRFC said:

Anyone on here have LinkedIn? I’m not looking for work but it’s a good thing to have.

Heres me last week, looking a mess as I’d had the man flu 😂

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lisajriley_processmapping-leantools-continuousimprovement-activity-7153717999080820737-ubnx?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

Yeah, I've got LinkedIn. I've got access to LinkedIn Learning as well, which has been useful to understand some general aspects for my role.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the days you had to hand-fill forms in for jobs? All your personal details, education history, work history, hobbies and interests plus references. 

You had to use a black pen and block fucking capitals. Worse thing is if you made a fucking mistake 🤣