talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Work/Jobs Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

That's what the extra ten grands for :hh:

Plus it takes about 3 months to get fully settled into a new role anyway, sure you'll have the hang of it by then

Ha that's true. I definitely won't be allowed to ever toss it off an a 12 hour shift anymore 🤣. Damn i took those scenarios for granted. :dunce:

• Haha 1

I've spent two days this week working at the Manchester City training complex. The company I work for are constructing the new MCFC TV camera platform and studio being constructed looking over their training pitches.

Back in the office yesterday as access was denied due to their covid outbreak.

Site induction was mainly about not asking the players for autographs or photos. Like I was gonna ask anyway.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've spent two days this week working at the Manchester City training complex. The company I work for are constructing the new MCFC TV camera platform and studio being constructed looking over their training pitches.

Back in the office yesterday as access was denied due to their covid outbreak.

Site induction was mainly about not asking the players for autographs or photos. Like I was gonna ask anyway.

I hope you damaged areas of the complex before you left.

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I hope you damaged areas of the complex before you left.

Imagine going home to my wife explaining I'd lost my job for damaging the City training complex on purpose. 

The place has more security cameras than a Catagory A prison so it would have been flagged up. 

• Sad 1

On 21/12/2021 at 21:20, JoshBRFC said:

It hit me how much impact I’ve had with my current team when I announced to my  shift of 25 people that I’m leaving and a few cried. You realise the impact you’ve had.

Probably tears of joy because you’re a massive wankpuffin.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm unemployed right now and there is very little work available.

Why is that do you think? At top line level US jobs market was surging back end of last year. As it did here. Something weird is going on, we were struggling to hire for months despite many in the industry and even our company having been laid off in 2020. 

16 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Why is that do you think? At top line level US jobs market was surging back end of last year. As it did here. Something weird is going on, we were struggling to hire for months despite many in the industry and even our company having been laid off in 2020. 

Companies probably realise they can throttle their current employees to death with the current uncertainty in the world due to the pandemic. Just toss out a ‘hiring’ sign to get the federal write offs but never actually hire anyone.

Why pay two people when you can overwork someone?

I don’t know what to do and I admit I am half arsing it because I hate it here and thoroughly depressed by the state of it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Companies probably realise they can throttle their current employees to death with the current uncertainty in the world due to the pandemic. Just toss out a ‘hiring’ sign to get the federal write offs but never actually hire anyone.

Why pay two people when you can overwork someone?

I don’t know what to do and I admit I am half arsing it because I hate it here and thoroughly depressed by the state of it.

I hope it gets better mate and you find something that brings you joy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Tonnes of jobs here, stay with me.

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

I hope it gets better mate and you find something that brings you joy. 

If I were single I would jump at working in Perth, always been a dream. And I actually know someone from my hometown that mines out there

Edited by Spike
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Probably tears of joy because you’re a massive wankpuffin.

Definitely using that word when one of my mates pisses me off. 

You dildo loving rectum sausage licker.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 months later...

My traineeship comes to an end in September, and I applied for two permanent roles with my current firm. One was in a department I had done a rotation in already, and I figured that was my best shot. It wasn't an area I found all that interesting, but I said it was my preference since I figured it was best to stack the odds in my favour.

The other application was for the corporate team, which is flashier and more interesting, but I didn't have any direct experience in that department. Overall, there were may more trainees than internal roles open, so tbh I had kind of prepared myself for the likelihood that I would be let go at the end of my training contract, and need to look further afield.

Anyway, funnily, I didn't get the first one, and somehow I've got the corporate job. So come September I'll finally have a permanent job, and now that I'm qualified my salary will almost double. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Inverted said:

My traineeship comes to an end in September, and I applied for two permanent roles with my current firm. One was in a department I had done a rotation in already, and I figured that was my best shot. It wasn't an area I found all that interesting, but I said it was my preference since I figured it was best to stack the odds in my favour.

The other application was for the corporate team, which is flashier and more interesting, but I didn't have any direct experience in that department. Overall, there were may more trainees than internal roles open, so tbh I had kind of prepared myself for the likelihood that I would be let go at the end of my training contract, and need to look further afield.

Anyway, funnily, I didn't get the first one, and somehow I've got the corporate job. So come September I'll finally have a permanent job, and now that I'm qualified my salary will almost double. 

Good luck buddy, I remember when I was stuck being a security officer and doing all shifts and hours under the sun, moved around all the time in different jobs from factories, offices, shops to building sites, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and as far away as Wick.

Then I had a chance of getting a permanent position security-wise in a building in Edinburgh that had companies which were banks, solicitors etc but it was a permanent position so I took it, 12-hour shift work which included weekends but I was happy with that.   

I plodded along for 4 years and then I was made a security supervisor in that building and then a position came up in the company that were the landlords of the building as a supervisor with them so I took that position, from there I worked my way up from being security building supervisor to management running the security and building in general.

Bit of a rant there but it goes to show you in life if you get stuck into anything you can achieve something in life so I reckon you have a chance by the sound of it in doing the same, best of luck and I hope you go far in the job.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Didn't really know where to post this because I have just spent the last 3 minutes laughing and my eyes are literally tearing but here goes.

Three weeks ago as part of an effort to setup machines for a showcase event someone got smart and decided to remote connect our entire showcase network using a single file that basically goes out and updates all the login credentials for the application, does some other fun stuff with storage connectivity, etc. Well, they ran this file and it locked out the entire marketing team and the entire development and testing teams too. And as a result our server ops team was called in. They aren't the most happiest folks in the world but they spent two weeks undoing what this file that took literally 2 mins to do, begrudgingly I might add.

Unbeknownst to everyone, the person who was doing the demos for one of the features reached out to the original team that was setting up these boxes for the show and told them she couldn't login. They of course ecstatically jumped up and said wait we have a file that does this. We are one week away from a Trade Show Demo and I am drinking coffee and watching my communication stream explode. Someone is going to lose their job before the end of this week. 

Side note, they still haven't deleted that file.

• Haha 3

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't really know where to post this because I have just spent the last 3 minutes laughing and my eyes are literally tearing but here goes.

Three weeks ago as part of an effort to setup machines for a showcase event someone got smart and decided to remote connect our entire showcase network using a single file that basically goes out and updates all the login credentials for the application, does some other fun stuff with storage connectivity, etc. Well, they ran this file and it locked out the entire marketing team and the entire development and testing teams too. And as a result our server ops team was called in. They aren't the most happiest folks in the world but they spent two weeks undoing what this file that took literally 2 mins to do, begrudgingly I might add.

Unbeknownst to everyone, the person who was doing the demos for one of the features reached out to the original team that was setting up these boxes for the show and told them she couldn't login. They of course ecstatically jumped up and said wait we have a file that does this. We are one week away from a Trade Show Demo and I am drinking coffee and watching my communication stream explode. Someone is going to lose their job before the end of this week. 

Side note, they still haven't deleted that file.

@Rab you free to help a brother out?

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

8 months in... pharmaceutical industry is tough and has taken a lot of my time. But i bloody love the challenge and learning new skills. All is good thus far.

Oh Josh enjoy the dosh.