talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Work/Jobs Thread

football forum

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 00:32, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Being down two full time staff members in a small (But incredibly busy) post office is proving to be so stressful. I'm literally non stop from 8 30-5.30pm. Not one break in the endless stream of customers, as we are the only office in about a 15 mile radius now (there used to be 4) we get customers from all those old branches too. I'm just constantly tired now, so lately ive been nothing with my artwork outside of work.  Which is really anti-productive, because I'm hoping that I can one day have my art be my main stream of income. 

Plus I'm crippled with my back and legs. I can barely walk now with being in terrible pain, I was diagnosed with sciatica a couple of years ago, and for the most part it's been okay to manage. The last month or so my back and legs have deteriorated and I'm pretty scared that one of my disc have either collapsed or eroded. 

So all is going well 😂

I somehow missed this yesterday... but Jesus fucking Christ that sounds fucking horrific. Is that... permanent? Or is it something that can be fixed with surgery and/or physical therapy? Just did a quick google of sciatica and it didn't really say. That's shite though, I hope you don't have to live with pain like that forever.

I get asked to do about 50 jobs at once. You are half way through one job and get slapped on another, then when you half finish that, they want you doing something else. Then they wonder why nothing gets done. Fucking bellends. No wonder why most new builds are absolutely shite, as everyone is rushed to do too many jobs at once, running around like cunts.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 2

On 30/07/2017 at 13:38, JOSHBRFC said:

Currently updating my CV and doing a cover letter. Ballache..........

Basically re applying for my job. :readthemessage: 

Me and 5 others are having our job title/role/description changed so we have to reapply. 

Could that be used as a way to fire  someone  without proper reason?

• Subscriber
On 02/06/2018 at 20:25, Gunnersauraus said:

Could that be used as a way to fire  someone  without proper reason?

Well me and 2 others out of the 6 got the jobs the other 3 didn’t. So yes I think so... as I think that was the reason they did it. Get rid of the weak links and old heads that been there for too long.

@Dr. Gonzo @Cannabis

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah I've been to the doctors on Thursday. I've always been able to do pretty much anything (apart from running) while having the sciatica. I mean, it would hurt but it didn't stop me from living my life. That was until let's say 6 weeks ago, it seemed as though all of a sudden it was really hard to walk short distances without getting really bad pain and pins and needles in my leg and it was a struggly to get out of bed. 

Initially I stupidly put it down to "maybe sleeping in a weird position" so I gave it a week or so to fix itself, while I continued to do my stretches everyday in hopes that they would speed it up. Didn't work, in fact over the last 3 weeks it has deteriorated so quickly. With work being very busy & stressful at the moment, I just struggled along not being able to make the doctors appointments, but I took last Thursday off work and I went to see them. I felt so ashamed getting the bus up to the clinic, it's one stop away from the one I got on and about 2000 ish yards, but I just couldn't walk that far. Anyways, I spoke to the doctor about the loss of full mobility, the constant pain, pins and needles and how I have a full time job being affected. He said that it's a concerning situation, gave me stronger painkiller (not working) and said he would arrange an mri scan to be done to see once and for all what's going on in my back & leg. 

So Friday I wake up in terrible pain, unable to get out of bed so I have to call in sick at work. Saturday, my mum gives me some of her painkillers and I manage to hobble into work. But then yesterday and today I've had to call in sick again. My manager hasn't took it well, and to be honest I'm raging with her. It's as if she things I'm just laughing my head off at them, while drinking a cuppa with my feet up. When in fact I'm struggling to put weight on my leg, and I'm near enough bed ridden with the fucking thing. Honestly never know pain like it, it's absolutely unreal sometimes and I'm not embarassed to say I've shed a tear or two out of pure frustration.  It just ruining my life, hopefully I get this scan real soon and start to have some answers.

Edited by Mantis Toboggan M.D.

• Subscriber
On 6/12/2018 at 13:18, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah I've been to the doctors on Thursday. I've always been able to do pretty much anything (apart from running) while having the sciatica. I mean, it would hurt but it didn't stop me from living my life. That was until let's say 6 weeks ago, it seemed as though all of a sudden it was really hard to walk short distances without getting really bad pain and pins and needles in my leg and it was a struggly to get out of bed. 

Initially I stupidly put it down to "maybe sleeping in a weird position" so I gave it a week or so to fix itself, while I continued to do my stretches everyday in hopes that they would speed it up. Didn't work, in fact over the last 3 weeks it has deteriorated so quickly. With work being very busy & stressful at the moment, I just struggled along not being able to make the doctors appointments, but I took last Thursday off work and I went to see them. I felt so ashamed getting the bus up to the clinic, it's one stop away from the one I got on and about 2000 ish yards, but I just couldn't walk that far. Anyways, I spoke to the doctor about the loss of full mobility, the constant pain, pins and needles and how I have a full time job being affected. He said that it's a concerning situation, gave me stronger painkiller (not working) and said he would arrange an mri scan to be done to see once and for all what's going on in my back & leg. 

So Friday I wake up in terrible pain, unable to get out of bed so I have to call in sick at work. Saturday, my mum gives me some of her painkillers and I manage to hobble into work. But then yesterday and today I've had to call in sick again. My manager hasn't took it well, and to be honest I'm raging with her. It's as if she things I'm just laughing my head off at them, while drinking a cuppa with my feet up. When in fact I'm struggling to put weight on my leg, and I'm near enough bed ridden with the fucking thing. Honestly never know pain like it, it's absolutely unreal sometimes and I'm not embarassed to say I've shed a tear or two out of pure frustration.  It just ruining my life, hopefully I get this scan real soon and start to have some answers.

Get well soon mate. That sounds horrible and I hope the MRI scan comes back with some good news for you.

Been back to the doctors today since the painkillers I was given a week ago may as well have been tic tacs. He has given me different pills, and has also signed me off work for a fortnight. It's not what I wanted but if it helps me get sorted then I'm all for it. I just hope the mri is scheduled in the next fortnight so I can get some answers. 

Work is so short staffed and I feel terrible for the timing of all this but I literally can't move around to do my job. Doesn't make me feel any less guilty. 

• 1 month later...

Well, I suppose I'll update the situation with my back. 

Turns out I had two slipped discs. I couldn't get out of bed on my own on the last couple of days leading up to going into A&E. Went in and had an emergency MRI, and it showed that I had two slipped discs and they were pressing on the nerves that control my bladder (I could barely manage a dribble even when pushing till red faced...apologies for that image).

They put me straight in an ambulance and rushed me through to Newcastle Hospital for emergency surgery. I went under at 9pm and didn't wake until 3.30am, and the doctor said later on that morning that it turned out to be a very difficult surgery. So I went in the friday and finally got home the tuesday night. Ive basically had to learn how to walk again over these last 3 weeks, my legs have been so weak and I'm still struggling with stairs and in general walking round like a 85 year old man. But the numbness and pins and needles are slowly but surely dying down.

Honestly, although I hated the general feeling of being in Hospital, I can't praise the staff enough. From the Nurses, to the general staff in there; they all made my stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible.

So yeah, I'm off until the end of August. I reckon that'll be enough time to recover for a return to work. I've made a load of progress in 2.5 weeks so another 5 should be more than enough to get back to near full mobility, I hope. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Well, I suppose I'll update the situation with my back. 

Turns out I had two slipped discs. I couldn't get out of bed on my own on the last couple of days leading up to going into A&E. Went in and had an emergency MRI, and it showed that I had two slipped discs and they were pressing on the nerves that control my bladder (I could barely manage a dribble even when pushing till red faced...apologies for that image).

They put me straight in an ambulance and rushed me through to Newcastle Hospital for emergency surgery. I went under at 9pm and didn't wake until 3.30am, and the doctor said later on that morning that it turned out to be a very difficult surgery. So I went in the friday and finally got home the tuesday night. Ive basically had to learn how to walk again over these last 3 weeks, my legs have been so weak and I'm still struggling with stairs and in general walking round like a 85 year old man. But the numbness and pins and needles are slowly but surely dying down.

Honestly, although I hated the general feeling of being in Hospital, I can't praise the staff enough. From the Nurses, to the general staff in there; they all made my stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible.

So yeah, I'm off until the end of August. I reckon that'll be enough time to recover for a return to work. I've made a load of progress in 2.5 weeks so another 5 should be more than enough to get back to near full mobility, I hope. 

You have my sympathies... Had a couple of back issues a while back that were painful/ambulance related but not anything that involved surgery fortunately and until you have a serious back issue no-one can tell you just how much pain that is to go through.. 

How old are you Rick if you don't mind me asking?? 

Jus

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You have my sympathies... Had a couple of back issues a while back that were painful/ambulance related but not anything that involved surgery fortunately and until you have a serious back issue no-one can tell you just how much pain that is to go through.. 

How old are you Rick if you don't mind me asking?? 

Only just turned 29, so you can imagine how much more frustrating it is to have issues like this.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Jus

Only just turned 29, so you can imagine how much more frustrating it is to have issues like this.

Yea I can imagine... Not nice to have it at any age but worse when you think you would be young and fighting fit...  Got to take it easy and try and work back to normal, Frustrated the hell out of me when I had it.. moving around so slowly, scared to twist or bend in case it went again.. even sitting down was a 5 minute job and then it was monumental effort to get back up again.. if I dropped something on the floor that's where it stayed... 

I remember the first time I did it and I needed help with getting my jeans and socks on and all that and you feel like a useless idiot.. I got my self settled in bed on the first night and something woke me in the early hours and I wanted a piss.. I shit you not it took me about 15 minutes to inch my way up into a sitting position and by the time I had done that I was so worried it would go again while trying to get up I just gave up and inched my way back down into the laying position.. I thought fuck it, if I piss the bed I piss the bed it was that bad.. xD lucky for me I managed to nod back off and all was well... 

52 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea I can imagine... Not nice to have it at any age but worse when you think you would be young and fighting fit...  Got to take it easy and try and work back to normal, Frustrated the hell out of me when I had it.. moving around so slowly, scared to twist or bend in case it went again.. even sitting down was a 5 minute job and then it was monumental effort to get back up again.. if I dropped something on the floor that's where it stayed... 

I remember the first time I did it and I needed help with getting my jeans and socks on and all that and you feel like a useless idiot.. I got my self settled in bed on the first night and something woke me in the early hours and I wanted a piss.. I shit you not it took me about 15 minutes to inch my way up into a sitting position and by the time I had done that I was so worried it would go again while trying to get up I just gave up and inched my way back down into the laying position.. I thought fuck it, if I piss the bed I piss the bed it was that bad.. xD lucky for me I managed to nod back off and all was well... 

Oh I know exactly what you mean with everything. I've had the same issues that you've listed there. Its sods law that when you lose most of your mobility that you start needing a piss in the night. Before all this I always slept through but then all of a sudden I needed two pisses a night 😂.

On 13/06/2018 at 15:52, Rick said:

Been back to the doctors today since the painkillers I was given a week ago may as well have been tic tacs. He has given me different pills, and has also signed me off work for a fortnight. It's not what I wanted but if it helps me get sorted then I'm all for it. I just hope the mri is scheduled in the next fortnight so I can get some answers. 

Work is so short staffed and I feel terrible for the timing of all this but I literally can't move around to do my job. Doesn't make me feel any less guilty. 

That sucks mate. How much you getting on the sick? I got signed of work once and got about£50 a week :(

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That sucks mate. How much you getting on the sick? I got signed of work once and got about£50 a week :(

I get 10 weeks with full pay at my job, so that'll run out on the last week or two of my sick note. I'll be going back to work in September. So for me it's worked out for me well.

So following on from my last post....has anyone walked out of their job before? :bye:

Had it really, I work 8:30am-5pm but could probably count on one hand the amount of times over the last 5 months that I've finished at or before 5pm. Most days/practically every day doing 15/30 mins overtime, sometimes up to an hour. Every Monday I've worked through my lunch to then do more overtime at the end of the day. I've probably got the most unapproachable manager I've ever had. Got a bollocking today over not informing a customer that they'd have to wait an extra day to get their deal done because I was on the phone till 5pm pretty much dealing with shit from someone else and thought at 5:15pm fuck this, I'm going home. The concern wasn't about being overworked or overstressed, just that the customer knows it'll be late xD

To cut a long story short, I had an email exchange with my boss which was essentially I don't care if the customer isn't aware, I was busy and then I decided not to do more overtime than I already do. That was followed by a meeting in which I was called disrespectful and unprofessional because when I was late to work I told the 2IC that I was late and not her (you'd think they communicate xD) and was told I was wrong over what was said in the emails. 10 minutes later I walked out and am currently unemployed...though have money saved and will have another job soon enough as I'm confident enough in finding another.

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

So following on from my last post....has anyone walked out of their job before? :bye:

Had it really, I work 8:30am-5pm but could probably count on one hand the amount of times over the last 5 months that I've finished at or before 5pm. Most days/practically every day doing 15/30 mins overtime, sometimes up to an hour. Every Monday I've worked through my lunch to then do more overtime at the end of the day. I've probably got the most unapproachable manager I've ever had. Got a bollocking today over not informing a customer that they'd have to wait an extra day to get their deal done because I was on the phone till 5pm pretty much dealing with shit from someone else and thought at 5:15pm fuck this, I'm going home. The concern wasn't about being overworked or overstressed, just that the customer knows it'll be late xD

To cut a long story short, I had an email exchange with my boss which was essentially I don't care if the customer isn't aware, I was busy and then I decided not to do more overtime than I already do. That was followed by a meeting in which I was called disrespectful and unprofessional because when I was late to work I told the 2IC that I was late and not her (you'd think they communicate xD) and was told I was wrong over what was said in the emails. 10 minutes later I walked out and am currently unemployed...though have money saved and will have another job soon enough as I'm confident enough in finding another.

What were you doing? You sound like a shocking employee who’s only there to earn money to travel and move on 👀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

What were you doing? You sound like a shocking employee who’s only there to earn money to travel and move on 👀

Ha you cheeky bastard. I processed applications to loan cars, deal with dealers everyday, paying deals out etc. The way some of the dealers would speak to you...once money becomes involved some people just try and treat people like shit.

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ha you cheeky bastard. I processed applications to loan cars, deal with dealers everyday, paying deals out etc. The way some of the dealers would speak to you...once money becomes involved some people just try and treat people like shit.

You say 'processed'...meaning you finally did quit?!?!

Just now, Danny said:

Ha yeah mate I walked out this morning, I would have given notice normally but sometimes you've just gotta go.

Congrats man! I can imagine a lot of emotions you have had today, joy, fear, relief, and a bunch of 'holy shit' moments. 

What's the plan now? 

Just now, Eco said:

Congrats man! I can imagine a lot of emotions you have had today, joy, fear, relief, and a bunch of 'holy shit' moments. 

What's the plan now? 

Ha yeah...it's easier to do as I am just a backpacker really, only in New Zealand for a year and have some money to live off of so no need to put up with the shit that came with the job any longer. Should speak to my agency tomorrow and hopefully they'll have something, if not there's plenty of jobs online over here so I'll crack on with that tomorrow.

But also, yeah a lot of emotions so just taking it easy today xD

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ah yeah fuck that. Still in NZ?

• The title was changed to Work/Jobs Thread