talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 1 - 14/15 June

football forum

1 minute ago, Blue said:

To be fair, Iran does have talent, but they believe in that defensive football philosophy. They are also well drilled, 2 things I cant say about this Saudi side.

That's what i'm saying, Saudis don't have that talent but they play attacking football unlike Iran who has some talent on the squad but play defend all the time.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah they've got a lot of pace and they work hard and credit to the coach for at least trying to play decent football (even if these players are totally not up to it at all). But they're just full of basic and unforced errors. It's actually hard to believe this is a World Cup qualifying side.

Uruguay are going to humiliate them I think.

Credit to their coach? He didn't read into the strengths or weaknesses of each player, didn't tell his players to clear the ball out instead of playing it out from the back when they cannot, had a high line with full backs attacking and no cover, and didn't go to a more narrow shape which was working in the opposition half. With the money Juan Antonio Pizzi is winning, the tactical display they put in was absolutely embarrassing. This is the same guy who failed to qualify with Chile.

Golovin has been quality all game. Cheryshev good since he came on. Saudi had a midfield that could pass it around nicely but nothing else in the side. A decent game with good goals to kick things off.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

If only the Saudis knew their tactics...

:bartrapique:

I don't get why you're so hell bent in trying to ridicule me, if you analyse the game at all other than just watch the game for entertainment, you would know the tactical game was stubborn and awful.

These players suck but everyone has their strengths.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

And Fifa want to bring more teams to this competition. For the love of god don’t.

The part I fear most is CONCACAF qualifying. The 2 best teams will qualify automatically.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

There surely won't be a worse performance from any side in the whole thing than Saudi Arabia there.

Panama against Belgium maybe.

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah I was going to say the same.

If you guys think Saudi's are shit, wait until you see Panama.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I can't see it. They could lose 7-0 and play better than that.

Saudi Arabia were just abysmal.

Just now, Dan said:

I can't see it. They could lose 7-0 and play better than that.

Saudi Arabia were just abysmal.

You'll be surprised. This Panama side are embarrassingly bad.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't get why you're so hell bent in trying to ridicule me, if you analyse the game at all other than just watch the game for entertainment, you would know the tactical game was stubborn and awful.

These players suck but everyone has their strengths.

He's not trying to ridicule you. He's telling you that you are giving the Saudis way too much credit like there's some sort of answer for their abysmal quality. He's also telling you that it looks like you're trying to win a small point that's insignificant.

Just now, SirBalon said:

He's not trying to ridicule you. He's telling you that you are giving the Saudis way too much credit like there's some sort of answer for their abysmal quality. He's also telling you that it looks like you're trying to win a small point that's insignificant.

He flat out admitted he is trying to ridicule me - and in no moment have I given the Saudis any bit of credit. That's an unnecessart misinterpretation from you lot.

I said several times the Saudi's are shit but they would not have lost 5-0 if Pizzi actually read the game. The approach never changed once despite it not working. I still think they were going to lose, I've said this several times. Just not by as bad a scoreline as that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived