• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Machado said:

What happened here? Only watched the last 5 minutes and Australia looked close to getting the equalizer.

In a small body of water pond scum typically floats to the top. That is what happened here.

One thing is clear from today’s match, France need to be more flexible in building up their play, they were too narrow at times & Pavard + Hernandez need to take more risks in the fullback positions. Hernandez is very sound defensively but his play going forward needs to develop

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

One thing is clear from today’s match, France need to be more flexible in building up their play, they were too narrow at times & Pavard + Hernandez need to take more risks in the fullback positions. Hernandez is very sound defensively but his play going forward needs to develop

I don't think Pavard is a natural full back and that definitely showed today. 

I presume Mendy or Sidibe will start next game(s).

I'm so mad. We can be proud of our performance.  No one thought we would get that close. 2 BS lucky goals. So proud to be Aussie. France are cunts, diving and falling very easily, shows they're uncofindent and a bunch of fucking frog leg eating spastic wankers. 

Well, the day has finally arrived after a 36 year wait. Times of disappointment, anger and even tears at how underwhelming we have been in that time despite having some real quality individuals. Jorge Soto, Nolberto Solano, Roberto Palacios, Claudio Pizarro, Juan Manuel Vargas, Chemo del Solar, the list goes on. 

When Peru played 10 years ago, it was depressing. People were crying at the stadium every important game due to us losing it. Now its an optimistic time, because we have actually achieved the goal, and now we are more united than ever as a country. A country filled with crime, a shit economy as well as poverty.

I'm really anxious but I'm really excited at the same time. Arriba Peru.

Here are the starting lineups.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

So when does VAR kick in??? On refs request?

that was a pen.  Contact in the box. 

I thought var would catch this?

can someone please explain this to me?

usually the VAR is constantly checking all incidents on the pitch. The on-field referee is then notified whether to review it or overturn his decision at the next time the ball is out of play. Given there was no check by the on-field ref, one can only presume he was told there was nothing wrong.

Which makes it all the more odd as there were clear views of contact being made on Pavon and no contact on the ball. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived