talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

That was a good match I felt, and I felt bad for Peru & Brian at the end of it. They had so many chances, but we're so wasteful. But better to lose like that than playing like total shit.

If they sort out the finishing they can still grab points.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the game... Enjoyed the technical ability of various Peruvian players but they were so wasteful. We've seen this from second tier players many times before and you bet on them taking that one step further to reach a top level. 

Still... Perú didn't deserve to lose the game at all.  Denmark were just too smart and with that Northern European football culture they have, they're difficult to beat.

I have an inkling Perú can actually get more than than just a decent result against France (as ridiculous as that may sound)... France suit Peru's style of play a lot more than a Nordic side.

5 hours ago, Toinho said:

I'm so mad. We can be proud of our performance.  No one thought we would get that close. 2 BS lucky goals. So proud to be Aussie. France are cunts, diving and falling very easily, shows they're uncofindent and a bunch of fucking frog leg eating spastic wankers. 

I wish you were online to share in meltdown.

UP THE ROOS - GREEN N GOLD 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Watched the game... Enjoyed the technical ability of various Peruvian players but they were so wasteful. We've seen this from second tier players many times before and you bet on them taking that one step further to reach a top level. 

Still... Perú didn't deserve to lose the game at all.  Denmark were just too smart and with that Northern European football culture they have, they're difficult to beat.

I have an inkling Perú can actually get more than than just a decent result against France (as ridiculous as that may sound)... France suit Peru's style of play a lot more than a Nordic side.

In my opinion, France is in theory a terrible matchup for Peru, especially with Peru needing the 3 points.The french love to play against sides that will attack them so they can use the insane pace their forwards have.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

In my opinion, France is in theory a terrible matchup for Peru, especially with Peru needing the 3 points.The french love to play against sides that will attack them so they can use the insane pace their forwards have.

For sure, but France are also erratic defensively and Perú will find more spaces against France than they did against a well drilled Denmark in my opinion. What France have is a deadly attack, but everything else is a bunch of individuals alike to Belgium.

Obviously on paper Peú have very little chance against France, but in theory France will leave more spaces. Nperú are better than Austrailia.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I don't know - we are best when we're able to counter. We struggle against sides that sit back and are strong and tall. A lot of our goals have come from counter attacks so when we can't do that, we don't often do a great job.Thats why New Zealand were tougher than they should have been.

I think the France game is one that is ideal for us. We could win it, but I'm not going to let my optimism blur my vision. I'm not exactly expecting to win it.

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I completely agree with this assessment and I mentioned it earlier too. Denmark were not better than us today, but they were smarter and sometimes you just need to have that to win. As for the technical aspect, we are known in South America as the "maestros del buen toque" because of the technical capabilities of the Peruvians. As someone who goes to a lot of youth games, it's something they are taught from a young age.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I completely agree with this assessment and I mentioned it earlier too. Denmark were not better than us today, but they were smarter and sometimes you just need to have that to win. As for the technical aspect, we are known in South America as the "maestros del buen toque" because of the technical capabilities of the Peruvians. As someone who goes to a lot of youth games, it's something they are taught from a young age.

We are going jump all over your heads u llama buggering reprobate

Im glad the USA pilfers all of ur quinoa

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For sure, but France are also erratic defensively and Perú will find more spaces against France than they did against a well drilled Denmark in my opinion. What France have is a deadly attack, but everything else is a bunch of individuals alike to Belgium.

Obviously on paper Peú have very little chance against France, but in theory France will leave more spaces. Nperú are better than Austrailia.

France is a bit like Argentina, right? We expect better from them and the better we expect never seem to come. But there is so much talent in that team. The problem for France is that their pressing is very flat and they don´t recover the ball in positions that enable their forwards to use their pace. 

Yes, Italy, a team who I consider weaker than this Peru side, created many chances against France. Yes, the french defence is vulnerable. But at the same time, I disagree with your assertion about today´s match. Peru found the spaces against Denmark, especially when Guerrero entered the match, with a focal point in the attack they had the volume to score, but they couldn´t finish their chances. 

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know - we are best when we're able to counter. We struggle against sides that sit back and are strong and tall. A lot of our goals have come from counter attacks so when we can't do that, we don't often do a great job.Thats why New Zealand were tougher than they should have been.

I think the France game is one that is ideal for us. We could win it, but I'm not going to let my optimism blur my vision. I'm not exactly expecting to win it.

I think Peru is an excellent side. They can beat France, especially an uninspired France like we´ve been seeing. But I think you´ll struggle against the french physicality in the midfield and with their counter-attack. The Denmark goal and also their best chances, are a example of it. But hey, I´m supporting you guys on this one. Vamos, Perú! :99_muscle:

@Blue @SirBalon @Blue

I'm sick of reading your half baked 'tactical analysis'. Now you fuckers listen to me, cause a real man is talking here. France are spinless turds, sorry Batard but you're boys outside of Lucas 'big spanish dick' Hernandez, N'golo 'steal yo ball and steal yo girlfriend' Kante, and Lebron Griezmann are bordeaux slurping, allah worshipping, pencil necked, babies. The skipper OOOHGO Lloris is a Monegasque-Catalan spastic that can't forget the twinkle of Gourcuff's green eyes when stopping balls coming at his face. BIG PAUL WARRIOR is going run wild on your defence like Hulkamania ran wild on another Frenchie Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3. FACE THE PICTURE, Mbappe is a goblin from middle-earth, and Pogba shows how worthless he is without me having to tell you; and don't get me started on Nabil Fekir, I don't even need to say it but I know you lot know his name sounds like 'Nobby Fucker'. 

That is all the tactical analysis you lot need and If this was a mathematical equation it would be D+I+S+A+S+T+E+R which spells DISASTER for you.

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Blue @SirBalon @Blue

I'm sick of reading your half baked 'tactical analysis'. Now you fuckers listen to me, cause a real man is talking here. France are spinless turds, sorry Batard but you're boys outside of Lucas 'big spanish dick' Hernandez, N'golo 'steal yo ball and steal yo girlfriend' Kante, and Lebron Griezmann are bordeaux slurping, allah worshipping, pencil necked, babies. The skipper OOOHGO Lloris is a Monegasque-Catalan spastic that can't forget the twinkle of Gourcuff's green eyes when stopping balls coming at his face. BIG PAUL WARRIOR is going run wild on your defence like Hulkamania ran wild on another Frenchie Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3. FACE THE PICTURE, Mbappe is a goblin from middle-earth, and Pogba shows how worthless he is without me having to tell you; and don't get me started on Nabil Fekir, I don't even need to say it but I know you lot know his name sounds like 'Nobby Fucker'. 

That is all the tactical analysis you lot need and If this was a mathematical equation it would be D+I+S+A+S+T+E+R which spells DISASTER for you.

And here we have Post of the Year which was created by Spike on the 16th of June 2018. Absolutely brilliant! xD

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

And here we have Post of the Year which was created by Spike on the 16th of June 2018. Absolutely brilliant! xD

100% guaranteed you've already got it printed and framed in your bedroom xD 

Just now, Batard said:

You were unlucky today. We scraped that win undeservedly 

Love you to the moon and back. I've woken up with one hell of a hangover. Apologies to the forum for my irrational swearing and French bagging. But I hate them. 

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Love you to the moon and back. I've woken up with one hell of a hangover. Apologies to the forum for my irrational swearing and French bagging. But I hate them. 

xD

Blame VAR. Well. It’s poor appropriation 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

xD

Blame VAR. Well. It’s poor appropriation 

To be honest, I don't think any of us really thought we would get that close. VAR is so annoying. We had it in the a-league last year and it caused more controversy.

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Whereas I'll never apologise, especially since I was stone sober. Spike fights around the world.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived