talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Argentina didn't have Messi I'd actually fancy Iceland to get a point. If Argentina are not prepared for a tough game they'll be in for a surprise.

As for the late game. Croatia really need to show everybody what they're about. Theres a lot of quakity and experience that should overwhelm Nigeria. They usually hit the ground running which is what I imagine they'll do here.

On 09/06/2018 at 11:49, The Palace Fan said:

If Argentina didn't have Messi I'd actually fancy Iceland to get a point. If Argentina are not prepared for a tough game they'll be in for a surprise.

As for the late game. Croatia really need to show everybody what they're about. Theres a lot of quakity and experience that should overwhelm Nigeria. They usually hit the ground running which is what I imagine they'll do here.

Really?? I don' think they have got out the group stage since 1998

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Who? Croatia?

Edit- indeed your right. I remembered them winning 4-0 last time and that completely threw me.

Yeah against Cameroon I think. I think they have done well in in the euros.

My adopted country (Croatia) is in this group! :banana:The argies as well. :92_thumbsdown:

Sampaoli already confirmed the starting XI for tomorrow´s match against Iceland: 

Caballero; Salvio, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico;  Mascherano, Biglia;  Meza, Messi, Di María; Agüero.

Hordur Magnusson is at left-back today: he's still technically our player but looks set to go to CSKA Moscow.

He's absolutely terrible, anyone who watched our semi-final vs Manchester City might remember him being at fault for the first goal in the Second Leg.

Needless to say, he'll probably go on and outplay Messi/Di Maria today

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Are Iceland still alright? I know they had a kind run with shit like Austria and England but they held Portugal, before being dicked by France. 

Their qualifying campaign was pretty good by anyone's standard. Topped their group, ahead of Croatia, Turkey and Ukraine. Winning all their home games.

Kari Arneson Vs Sergio Aguero though... This is another level for them. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Is there anyone outside of Argentinians going against Iceland?

My city is significantly larger than their country.

San Juan de Lurigancho - which is only a district in Lima - is 3 times the population of Iceland. Its mad.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived