• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is there anyone outside of Argentinians going against Iceland?

My city is significantly larger than their country.

5000 icelandics, 20 000 argentinians. 

Hoping, Iceland can take an advantage in the aerial game. In average, they side are 6 cm taller and this probably explains why Rojo is playing in defence, and Masch is in the midfield.

@Blue mentioned the goalkeeper situation, and I agree today, considering Iceland´s aerial game, Armani should´ve been the keeper here.

Go Iceland!

27 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Their qualifying campaign was pretty good by anyone's standard. Topped their group, ahead of Croatia, Turkey and Ukraine. Winning all their home games.

Kari Arneson Vs Sergio Aguero though... This is another level for them. 

To be fair, Iceland are a team with work ethic and went up against 3 teams with little work ethic, so its not as impressive as it looks on paper. Still, I'm not taking away anything from them. They did really well in the Euro's and came up against an on-form France and even snatched 2 goals after going 4 down.

I don't think they are a bad side at all. It will be an interesting clash.

Things can change and I hope they do, but suspicions stay the same. Argentina’s midfield is absolute garbage!  They can’t take a hold of that centre part of the midfield without slowing the game down to walking pace. Like that even a pub team can seem in control in that area with such a ridiculous amount of safety. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Things can change and I hope they do, but suspicions stay the same. Argentina’s midfield is absolute garbage!  They can’t take a hold of that centre part of the midfield without slowing the game down to walking pace. Like that even a pub team can seem in control in that area with such a ridiculous amount of safety. 

Because they’re too busy looking how they can give it to Messi rather than seeing other decent options. They’re fixated on how to get him on the ball every time they go forward.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Because they’re too busy looking how they can give it to Messi rather than seeing other decent options. They’re fixated on how to get him on the ball every time they go forward.

There you have it just now. Messi acts as defensive midfielder to start things forward. They literally are a one man band. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

There you have it just now. Messi acts as defensive midfielder to start things forward. They literally are a one man band. 

It’s no wonder he’s knackered come the knock out stages. I think I’ve seen him in every position on the pitch so far.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

It’s no wonder he’s knackered come the knock out stages. I think I’ve seen him in every position on the pitch so far.

And just now gives Argentina’s first shot of the game. Honestly... There are so many overrated players there. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived