talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CONIFA World Cup

football forum

Seems to be getting bigger by year, but a vastly intruiging tournament in which states that try to be recognized as countries such as Tibet, or non FIFA members such as Tuvalu play out in a world tournament just like the World Cup. In other words, its basically a reject tournament.

Some Hungarian minority state won this years CONIFA World Cup. Northern Cyprus finished runner up.

So not pretending that any of you care - I'll ask this question: which state would you be intrigued to see in this tournament that might actually encourage you to follow it? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_ConIFA_World_Football_Cup

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The Isle of Man sent a team called Ellan Vannin but they got knocked out and apparently played like dirty Bastards in the last game as well xD. Surprised there's not been loads of publicity for it over here to be honest as it's a pretty big deal. I heard about it through the podcast I listen to rather than the local news which is surprising.

2 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Its not just about places like Tibet, they even have teams that represent disparosa/communities in a country i.e united koreans of japan, punjabis of uk

@Spike could represent Yankie Kangaroos 

@SirBalon Spaniard Londoners

@True Blue United Gays of Bosnia

I played for a Sunday League side on Hackney Marshes called London Españolistas. B|

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2018 at 12:49, Blue said:

Seems to be getting bigger by year, but a vastly intruiging tournament in which states that try to be recognized as countries such as Tibet, or non FIFA members such as Tuvalu play out in a world tournament just like the World Cup. In other words, its basically a reject tournament.

Some Hungarian minority state won this years CONIFA World Cup. Northern Cyprus finished runner up.

So not pretending that any of you care - I'll ask this question: which state would you be intrigued to see in this tournament that might actually encourage you to follow it? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_ConIFA_World_Football_Cup

I think tuvalu  played in the pacific games and broke the international loss record twice xD I think  it is interesting personally. I know Jersey and Guernsey want to get fifa recognition 

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Who would you like to see join CONIFA?

I want Arequipa, Nunavut (might as well also throw Greenland in there in that case), and Acre to join.

I'm still waiting on Illegal Mexicans in the USA to join :cardY:

Archived