talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong - Barcelona-Bound?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Frenkie de Jong is flying to Barcelona tomorrow to talk to the club after Ajax have accepted an offer between 30-35 million euros. 

If it happens, that'll be a pretty big coup. He is extremely talented and practically all of Europe's top clubs have been chasing his autograph on a contract.  Barcelona due to their Dutch heritage always have a big advantage in this sense.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If it happens, that'll be a pretty big coup. He is extremely talented and practically all of Europe's top clubs have been chasing his autograph on a contract.  Barcelona due to their Dutch heritage always have a big advantage in this sense.

He will suit them also as he can play in midfield or slide into defence as a sweeper type of player. 

Just now, Panna King said:

He will suit them also as he can play in midfield or slide into defence as a sweeper type of player. 

If he can also play in midfield, then he is perfect!  Barcelona demand players be versatile in various positions.  Real Madrid even tried to scupper the signing and Man Utd were in there right till the end.  But it still isn't done, so fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If he can also play in midfield, then he is perfect!  Barcelona demand players be versatile in various positions.  Real Madrid even tried to scupper the signing and Man Utd were in there right till the end.  But it still isn't done, so fingers crossed!

They reckon it be finalised by Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

They reckon it be finalised by Wednesday. 

Yeah, there's been rumours flying around that the deal could be finalised this coming week. From what I understand, Man Utd have been hitting strong and Real Madrid sent one of their people to speak to his club last night.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Alena needs to fuck off asap. 

Aleña has nothing to do with this signing although Arthur’s early arrival could do. Aleña suffered a knee injury that could keep him out of action for anything between 4 to 7 months. He had just earned his stripes with a meeting between himself, his agent and Valverde with Barça board members. Next season was his official moment which it still may be but it’s gonna be difficult of Arthur arrived early.

Then again that’s the name of the game at clubs like Barcelona. Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol just to name three contemporary footballers had to earn their right to be in the first team and their careers are now legendary. Iniesta most of all out of the three suffered to become a staple first team name due to his unique style.

It’s upto Carles Aleña to decide what he deserves. Thiago Alcántara moved to Bayern because he couldn’t see any guarantees at the time and the same may happen again. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Barcelona is the worst place to be at if your a Spanish midfielder...

they rather buy the expensive flavor of the month prospect, to join the expensive bench of gomes, alcacer, and the back up GK..9_9 what's the fucking point of la masia? Especially when the young masia players are leaving for peanuts.

How many “La factoría” players are currently in the Real Madrid midfield?

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How many “La factoría” players are currently in the Real Madrid midfield?

He's right though. It's as if Iniesta and Xavi have set the standard of ability for a youth player to break through. Roberto is the odd exception yet he was shifted to right back. 

Barcelona may very well be headed the way Ajax and our youth academies function. 

Just now, Cicero said:

He's right though. It's as if Iniesta and Xavi have set the standard of ability for a youth player to break through. Roberto is the odd exception yet he was shifted to right back. 

Barcelona may very well be headed the way Ajax and our youth academies function. 

I can’t argue with that and the biggest excellence of La Masia in the shape of Lionel Messi, sent a subliminal message two days ago to the techical side of the Barça board with this quote;

”We go through a lot in La Masia. Life is made easy for us but our objective and what we want to achieve for our families drives us. Right now La Masia is being set to one side” 

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Glad we are making progress. La factoria has never been the focal point, although I don't agree with it,they are about buying galacticos. bringing up RM to excuse your club going against their beliefs. I would say Barcelona is the new RM but apart from Neymar, they aren't buying expensive "galacticos", they are buying expensive PROSPECTS. 

I always bring up la masia because that was the pride and joy of the team...the whole reason why they went from 1 CL to 5....now it's just an after thought. 

Yep... There’s no progress to be made. I’ve said before that I don’t like this present board due to the fact they’re dismissing La Masia products. Carles Aleña as well as some others in there are players that can play and fit into any top club anywhere in Europe and they’re being bypassed in their obsession with Real Madrid.

I hated Joan Laporta, but the great thing with Laporta and something that has to be attributed to him is the fact he had no respect for Real Madrid and formulated a mentality that everything necessary was at home. For this reason we obtained total domination and Spain benefitted from the biggest feat in international football’s history of winning 3 international tournaments in a row... Never been done before!

Now they’re creating a mentality of some sort of battle that shouldn’t exist due to the fact no club works as well as Barcelona do in creating something others can’t create. 

• The title was changed to Frenkie de Jong - Barcelona-Bound?
6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Coutinho

Arthur

Now Frankie :rofl:9_9 why the fuck waste money and effort on la masia? 

Developing young players is very difficult. It requires a lot of patience. The jump to professional football is really tough, young players are often inconsistent, not strong enough and still not experienced enough to take the right decisions with the ball. 

European teams these days are much more impatient with coaches and this creates an environment where coaches are risk averse, meaning that experienced players take precedence.

Having said that, I definitely think that Valverde could do a better job at articulating the passage of young players to the professional team. And Barcelona´s board should talk to him about it this summer. Considering he coached Athletic, this is a negative surprise to me.  

8 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Developing young players is very difficult. It requires a lot of patience. The jump to professional football is really tough, young players are often inconsistent, not strong enough and still not experienced enough to take the right decisions with the ball. 

European teams these days are much more impatient with coaches and this creates an environment where coaches are risk averse, meaning that experienced players take precedence.

Having said that, I definitely think that Valverde could do a better job at articulating the passage of young players to the professional team. And Barcelona´s board should talk to him about it this summer. Considering he coached Athletic, this is a negative surprise to me.  

Valverde can't be totally excused, although your first paragraph tells us the probable reasons as to why he has acted in the manner he has.  All the same, with the considerable advantage in La Liga Barcelona had since the turn of the year, he should've promoted the likes of Aleña and co to the first team and maybe one or two errors may not have occurred.

All the same, the main poor portion of the blame as La Masia loses protagonism is the board and not so much the coach.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Valverde can't be totally excused, although your first paragraph tells us the probable reasons as to why he has acted in the manner he has.  All the same, with the considerable advantage in La Liga Barcelona had sine the turn of the year, he should've promoted the likes of Aleña and co to the first team and maybe one or two errors may not have occurred.

All the same, the main poor portion of the blame as La Masi loses protagonism is the board and not so much the coach.

Yes, I agree. He should´ve found ways to give more playing time to young players. Especially in January when the calendar is really tough and there are games every 3 days, between La Liga and Copa del Rey. 

I mean, there is also another factor. Top teams are much richer these days than they were 10 years ago and it´s tougher to crack the pro team than it was. Oleguer and Pavón would never play for Barcelona and Real Madrid these days. Those clubs are so rich nowadays "Zidanes y Pavones" is a thing of the past, it´s "Zidanes y Zidanes". xD 

But you can observe what you have in your youth teams and select at least 3 players to develop. And like you said, the board must stand and support this. 

Honestly, if I were a coach I´d give more playing time to a guy like Aleña than to Paulinho. I know he can give me back much more technically.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Ajax have recently gone back to their roots and started to develop their own players again. High number of players are coming through and its all to the help of the KNVB letting B teams in 2nd diversion to help Dutch football grow again. Young Ajax even won the league but cannot get promoted to Eredivisie but its more to help and give youth players playing time and of course it takes patience. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Ajax and Barcelona are still yet to agree a deal,  Ajax have given to the 25th June for Barcelona to agree to the asking price,  as after this he will be used in Ajax's Champions League qualification games. 

July?

The 21-year-old's representative, Ali Dursun, has travelled at least three times to Barcelona to try and push through a deal.

Barca's director of football, Pep Segura and technical secretary, Eric Abidal have been involved in the discussions and believed to have even visited Amsterdam to negotiate.

There is also interest in the versatile midfielder from Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, but de Jong has his heart set on playing with Barcelona and Lionel Messi. 

De Jong is also a big fan of the Catalonian city, and has holidayed there with fellow Dutch prodigies, Matthijs de Ligt and Justin Kluivert, the latter of which sealed a transfer to Roma earlier this summer.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived