The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing - World Cup Edition!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 10/06/2018 at 18:30, Stan said:

Definitely in. 

Russia to start with. May edit this though before Thursday! 

@RandoEFC - changing mine from Russia to SERBIA. 

Thanks. 

• Subscriber

Just to be clear, although the first game has kicked off, anyone else can join by picking a remaining game from the first round of group games. 

Existing entrants are allowed to change their picks as long as they do this before kick off of both their previous pick and their new pick. 

35 entrants so far, 5 of them already relying on Russia this afternoon to make sure they make it through the first day.

Which brings me to another point, as soon as you know you are through the first set of fixtures, you can make your pick for the next round!

I will try to keep an update at the end of each match day where I tag those players who have made it through from today's results and any that have been eliminated.

• Subscriber

Update - Day One

Casualties (0): Nobody, shock horror, backed today's only losers Saudi Arabia, so nobody is getting the bullet today.

giphy.gif

Survivors (5): The following entrants successfully backed hosts Russia, today's only winners: @BounceAroundTheGround @bozziovai @El Profesor @Toinho @Viva la FCB. Congratulations lads, you now have plenty of time to make your second pick from the next round of fixtures which are listed below, bearing in mind that you cannot pick the same team again.

Not in play today (30): I think it'll be a relief to everybody for me not to individually mention everyone each day. Enjoy tomorrow's football folks.

Round 2 (Group Stage 2) Fixtures

Russia v Egypt

Portugal v Morocco

Uruguay v Saudi Arabia

Iran v Spain

Denmark v Australia

France v Peru

Argentina v Croatia

Brazil v Costa Rica

Nigeria v Iceland

Serbia v Switzerland

Belgium v Tunisia