talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing - World Cup Edition!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

How the hell did so many people avoid Brazil and Germany? I cannot believe that's only sunk the one.

Anyhow, easy pick, Uruguay.

I'm guessing people didn't pick them so they are saved for later in the competition if they get there :/ 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing people didn't pick them so they are saved for later in the competition if they get there :/ 

But out of that many I'm amazed they only had the one xD

Mine went as well as it could. Sweden aren't great but they're better than Korea, only time I'll want to use them.

• Subscriber

Update - Day Six

Casualties (5)

giphy.gif

An absolute massacre this afternoon saw five casualties in the final pair of fixtures for Round 1. @StefBWFC, @Inverted and @Panna King are all victims, having backed Colombia to beat Japan, while @Eco and @Harvsky see their hopes Pole-axed by Senegal.

Survivors (0)

giphy.gif

On a day with no survivors, and with Japan playing their part in that, I thought it was appropriate to search for a Kamikaze .gif. However, I found this instead and thought it would be rude not to share it with @Toinho. Nobody makes it through today, and nobody bet either way on the Russia-Egypt game for Round 2, so that concludes the opening exchanges.

Not in play today (25)

We started with 35 contenders and have already lost 10 to the brutal unpredictability of the first 16 games of the 2018 World Cup. Of the 25 surviving candidates, I am only waiting for a second pick from @BounceAroundTheGround and @shut up - the Round Two fixtures (minus Russia - Egypt) have been posted below again for your convenience. Thanks to the rest of you for your prompt predictions. Tomorrow, a whopping 15 players have backed Uruguay to defeat Saudi Arabia, with another 3 backing Portugal against Morocco. By the time Iran and Spain kick off tomorrow evening, we could be left with anything between 7 and 25 contenders. Exciting times! Enjoy the excitement folks!

Round 2 (Group Stage 2) Fixtures

Russia v Egypt

Portugal v Morocco

Uruguay v Saudi Arabia

Iran v Spain

Denmark v Australia

France v Peru

Argentina v Croatia

Brazil v Costa Rica

Nigeria v Iceland

Serbia v Switzerland

Belgium v Tunisia

South Korea v Mexico

Germany v Sweden

England v Panama

Japan v Senegal

Poland v Colombia

• Subscriber

Update - Day Seven

Casualties (0)

giphy.gif

On a day where many of our remaining contenders had their survival on the line, the Last Man Standing contest fails to claim any further victims on this occasion.

Survivors (21)

giphy.gif

An unprecedented 84% of those still standing progressed this afternoon. Today's appetiser saw @BounceAroundTheGround, @Tommy, @Bluewolf, @bozziovai and @Machado watch on nervously as Portugal held on to take victory against Morocco in a game that saw the TF365 community fall even more deeply in love with CR7. In the 4pm kick off and today's main event, it may have been closer than many would have expected, but Luis Suarez' strike was enough to keep those who backed Uruguay alive for another round, namely @Dan, @Stan, @nudge, @Devon Von Devon, @...Dan, @DeadLinesman, @The Artful Dodger, @Teso dos Bichos, @shut up, @Cannabis, @Berserker, @Toinho, @Mel81x, @Viva la FCB, @Lucas and @Marc. All 21 of you are now free to pick a fixture from the final round of group games whenever you are ready - these are listed below. Bear in mind that you cannot pick a team that you have picked in a previous round! I understand that many of you will want to see how the rest of the second fixtures pan out before making a final pick for the third round, so come Sunday night, I will tag anyone who hasn't made a pick as a reminder. If you don't necessarily pop on every day I might suggest that you make a pick before then as a placeholder so that you don't get eliminated by default!

Not in play today (4)

With so many people backing Uruguay or Portugal, the next few days will see something of a lull for the Last Man Standing competition, with the four remaining contenders waiting until Friday (Brazil) or Sunday (England) to find out whether they'll make it into the third stage which starts on Monday. Try to overcome the grief of missing out on daily updates on the competition, and enjoy the football regardless!

Round 3 (Group Stage 3) Fixtures

Uruguay v Russia

Saudi Arabia v Egypt

Spain v Morocco

Iran v Portugal

Australia v Peru

Denmark v France

Nigeria v Argentina

Iceland v Croatia

South Korea v Germany

Mexico v Sweden

Serbia v Brazil

Switzerland v Costa Rica

Japan v Poland

Senegal v Colombia

Panama v Tunisia

England v Belgium

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Can't decide between Egypt or Tunisia. Picking a big team makes things harder later in the tournament, having balls here pays off later :ay:.

Go with Tunisia, Egypt KSA will probabbly be a draw.

Archived