talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Radja Nainggolan joins Internazionale

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Struggling to think why he’d leave Roma for Inter?

Internazionale is a totally massive institution in Italy... From that perspective I understand a decision like that.  But I too struggle to understand the move in the present situation respective to both clubs. It's an odd move unless Roma want to cash in to bring in something different.

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Inter are on the up and up, while Roma are kind of in limbo. They have Monchi who will improve them for the long term future but Inter are looking better for the present. Inter have a much more stable core at the moment (Icardi, Skriniar, Gagliardini, Hando, de Vrij, Perisic, Vecino, Lautaro, Brozovic) and they are also managed by former Roma honcho Spalletti.

• The title was changed to Radja Nainggolan - Switching to Inter?
21 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Roma have serious financial issues. Inter are more stable behind the scenes.

Also as @Eco said, Inter are a club that's steadily improving and showing ambition. Couple that with Roma's need to sell in order to buy and it makes things harder for Roma to keep kicking on.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Roma have serious financial issues. Inter are more stable behind the scenes.

Also as @Eco said, Inter are a club that's steadily improving and showing ambition. Couple that with Roma's need to sell in order to buy and it makes things harder for Roma to keep kicking on.

Indeed Roma may need to sell to sign players and I would also add and repeat what I said before in that Inter are a much bigger institution than AS Roma by a million light years.

But as things stand, Roma function better and the stats are there to be seen.  Roma finished above Inter (5 points) and reached the Champions League semi-final. Until that's reversed, Roma are the improving side or more stable, not Inter in my books.  Inter sign more well known players, that's a fact.  But from there to "functioning better" is another story that doesn't register in anything substantial right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Di Marzio has him down as contracted til 2022 with Inter.

What a move for the Milan club.

I like Kondogbia but with him going to Valencia on a permanent now, Nainggolan is a big improvement on him

17 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Monchi's done it again for me, 24m Euros plus Davide Santon and Nicolo Zaniolo for a 30 year old. Very impressive business, especially if Zaniolo becomes anything decent.

Not really. Santon has lost Inter many games this season. Nicolo Zaniolo hasn't done anything yet! The cash part is pretty good though, can't knock that rate for an older player.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Not really. Santon has lost Inter many games this season. Nicolo Zaniolo hasn't done anything yet! The cash part is pretty good though, can't knock that rate for an older player.

Yeah fair enough but I doubt Santon will be not more than a back-up and obviously Zaniolo is just potential right now. I still think they've got a great package for a player who has just turned 30 and has a questionable attitude.

13 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah fair enough but I doubt Santon will be not more than a back-up and obviously Zaniolo is just potential right now. I still think they've got a great package for a player who has just turned 30 and has a questionable attitude.

You are right though, it's a great deal to get rid of a potential sour note that is on the wrong side of 30. However, I'm 100% positive he will be great for Inter as their coach trusts Radja and vice-versa.

Just now, Spike said:

You are right though, it's a great deal to get rid of a potential sour note that is on the wrong side of 30. However, I'm 100% positive he will be great for Inter as their coach trusts Radja and vice-versa.

I do think that is the one positive for Inter is his previous work with Spalletti. Overall Inter are doing far smarter business compared to two/three years ago.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Go back , Radja :x.

Hasn't really worked out for him at Inter and it sounds like the reason is either his troublesome nature or not getting along with a manager. Maybe a move back to Roma will be best for all parties. Depends if Roma want to pay whatever they can to get him back; I doubt Inter will want to make a loss on him...

Archived