The better place to talk football.

Group E Matchday 1 - 17th June - Costa Rica 0-1 Serbia, Brazil 1-1 Switzerland

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

how bent would that shot have been that hit Thiago Silva just then xD 

Terrible. Switzerland are so poor. I know it's Brazil but surely you can string 3 or 4 passes at once?

• Administrator

I feel really sorry for Ricardo Rodriguez given that he's representing Switzerland along other poor players. He's so much better than them.

And just reading up about him, this sounds really bad but he recovered from it :o 

Rodriguez was born with a diaphragmatic hernia, meaning that his stomach, spleen, liver and intestine had migrated into the chest. Rodriguez was given a 50% chance of survival and was monitored every six months for the first three years of his life

• Subscriber

The only Swiss player who deserves a shout right now is Manuel Akanji. Attack has been its usual self which is missing but I think being only 1 down with the amount of chances Brazil have created isn't a bad sign at all.

I'd almost drop Behrami in there but you know he's not far away from getting booked and becoming even more conservative than he is. I just hope in the second half they move up more rather than try and play deep letting Brazil attack them.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Coutinho goal was trademark!  Brilliant!

since then Brazil have taken their foot off the pedal. 

First 10 minutes were bad,  then they had 20 good minutes and after the goal the swiss started to dominate possession. They have finally figured out that the left flank and not Danilo is the fragile point of our defence. Not only because Marcelo is not a great defender, but also because Neymar and Coutinho doesn´t track back as well as Willian, who´s very disciplined tactically. 

Gabriel Jesus and Neymar were bad in the 1st half, Paulinho despite being a threat at times, is not a good midfielder when you want to hold more the possession.

The positives are Willian, Coutinho in the attack,  Danilo, Casemiro and the central defenders in the defence. 

Don´t get me wrong, this is a strong team and the defence is very well drilled, but once again Brazil is over dependent on the counter-attack. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

First 10 minutes were bad,  then they had 20 good minutes and after the goal the swiss started to dominate possession. They have finally figured out that the left flank and not Danilo is the fragile point of our defence. Not only because Marcelo is not a great defender, but also because Neymar and Coutinho doesn´t track back as well as Willian, who´s very disciplined tactically. 

Gabriel Jesus and Neymar were bad in the 1st half, Paulinho despite being a threat at times, is not a good midfielder when you want to hold more the possession.

The positives are Willian, Coutinho in the attack,  Danilo, Casemiro and the central defenders in the defence. 

Don´t get me wrong, this is a strong team and the defence is very well drilled, but once again Brazil is over dependent on the counter-attack. 

It does seem to me too that Brazil are waiting for the counter attacks.  It's curious that once again the Swiss concede a goal to a shot from outside the 18 yard box as they did against Spain a week ago in a friendly.  They are very good defensively and ask a lot of questions of the attackers... They want you to go wide and cross the ball in and don't let you go in through the middle.

Brazil have figured that the goal has been scored and that this means Switzerland needs to search for their goal to equalise and then hope to catch them on the counter with the pace Brazil have. It's a surer way to open up attacks against the Swiss.  Up front they're very poor!

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Is Neymar fit from a physical standpoint? 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

I feel really sorry for Ricardo Rodriguez given that he's representing Switzerland along other poor players. He's so much better than them.

And just reading up about him, this sounds really bad but he recovered from it :o 

The same happened to me. B| I don't know about my spleen and everything but my intestines were in my chest. I have what looks like a caesarean scar across my stomach.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

The same happened to me. B| I don't know about my spleen and everything but my intestines were in my chest. I have what looks like a caesarean scar across my stomach.

wow. does it affect you in life now?

• The title was changed to Group E Matchday 1 - 17th June - Costa Rica 0-1 Serbia, Brazil 1-1 Switzerland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived