• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group E Matchday 1 - 17th June - Costa Rica 0-1 Serbia, Brazil 1-1 Switzerland

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why have they chosen pie charts as a form of showing stats?  What a load of rubbish. Feel like I'm back at school again. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

why does it matter xD 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just an observation haha

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Like you ever went to school... don't make me laugh xD

One more and you just can make an American Chopper meme out of it.

Very predictable result against the Swiss. Curiously the same one as they had against Spain last week although that was a friendly. But it was almost an identical game aside from how slow Brazil were playing.  Their needs to be more dynamism in midfield because the team seems split from back to front.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Very predictable result against the Swiss. Curiously the same one as they had against Spain last week although that was a friendly. But it was almost an identical game aside from how slow Brazil were playing.  Their needs to be more dynamism in midfield because the team seems split from back to front.

Brazil were about 1/4 to win, hardly predictable. Did you predict it?

Jesus was awful.

Just now, Marc said:

Brazil were about 1/4 to win, hardly predictable. Did you predict it?

Jesus was awful.

You're basing a possible result on betting odds?

Im basing it on watching Switzerland before this game and the fact it panned out in an almost identical manner from how Brazil was forced to attack driving wide to how Switzerland pulled Neymar inside.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

You're basing a possible result on betting odds?

Im basing it on watching Switzerland before this game and the fact it panned out in an almost identical manner from how Brazil was forced to attack driving wide to how Switzerland pulled Neymar inside.

Yes.

So you predicted a draw then?

• Subscriber

Great second half performance and if this Swiss side can learn to be a little more pragmatic in their attack play they might actually get a few more goals. Rodriguez was a bit subdued today but I am guessing the gameplan was to keep the ball more than play any kind of attack as is evident from Behrami's style of play as well. Still think the best player today was Akanji, superb presence in defense and was calm under pressure.

Just now, Marc said:

Yes.

So you predicted a draw then?

No... I analysed what I saw!  What's this prediction rubbish you're coming out with.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Come on Mr Hill... What were the odds for Argentina v Iceland and Germany v Mexico

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No... I analysed what I saw!  What's this prediction rubbish you're coming out with.

Come on Mr Hill... What were the odds for Argentina v Iceland and Germany v Mexico

to be fair you did say it's a very predictable result. I don't think it was. Brazil went ahead and then for some reason sat back and rested on their laurels so to speak.

I'm on my way back to Lima, so I didn't watch the game but if there was one team that could have successfully got something against Brasil in this group it was Switzerland. They are very good at shithousing their way to a win or draw historically. Not sure if that happened here, but often they do well in frustrating the bigger teams.

Just now, Stan said:

to be fair you did say it's a very predictable result. I don't think it was. Brazil went ahead and then for some reason sat back and rested on their laurels so to speak.

What do you mean they "rested on their yanny's so to speak"? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So the draw was predictable but you didn't predict it? xD

Sounds to me like you're trying to be smart after the game and making out it was an obvious result, but you predicted Brazil to win 2-0

:bartrapique:

I don't know but there is no relevance to them odds.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

You know as well as I do that it was a figure of speech due to the fact that more words come after and not just that.  It's called reading everything which is vital in a forum unless I transmit my voice as a thought telepathically to him.

Anyway... Silly debate and as I showed, betting odds don't tell you a football story, do they because other games with heavy favourites didn't exactly turn out that way.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is the flaw of this team. The midfield. Coutinho is a strange player to evaluate. He is so talented and a goal threat with his shot, he also has all the attributes to be a great attacking midfielder, but his playmaking leave a lot be desired. He alone is not enough.

Paulinho and Renato Augusto were always poor choices for the midfield. Fred may be the only midfielder in the entire squad with a different dynamic of passing. 

Tite decided to take players he´s familiar with and forego other options. Allan, from Napoli, Arthur, Fabinho were never given chances. He didn´t even try to experiment other options.

Upfront, Gabriel Jesus was terrible. He fought the ball. It was not pleasant to see. Firmino did much more than him in the time he played. 

To answer @Kowabunga ´s question, no, Neymar is not totally fit. Poor match by him. And his antics are irritating. Shoudn´t have played the 90 minutes, Douglas Costa should have entered this match. 

Can´t complain about the referee. Even if Miranda was pushed: 1) he is a defender, a defender can´t be that soft; 2) what the heck Thiago Silva and Danilo were doing watching other? xD Pathetic positioning; 3) Alisson: goalkeepers are allowed to claim that cross! 

As Mike Tyson says: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." 

The swiss goal was our KO. Brazil never recovered from it. 

As for Switzerland,  Brahimi and Lichtsteiner were great. They won the battle against a strong brazilian left flank. Lots of tenacity and leadership. And Shaqiri, in my opinion, was the man of the match. Really liked his match today. Despite being always outnumbered by brazilian defenders, he held the ball and create trouble for our defence during all night. :89_clap:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived