talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Ale

football forum

1 hour ago, StefBWFC said:

They're doing it in Coventry too - it's an hour away from Euston on the train. Lunacy.

I'm just waiting for Bolton to become a trendy suburb of Manchester and my 2-up 2-down will treble in value and I can retire before I reach 30...

skeleton-computer-waiting-100-years-late

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a massive ale drinker but I've had my moments, mostly on Doombar and London Pride (Brentford, can't not).

Houses are mental though, was living in Oxfordshire where prices are obviously high but Northamptonshire seemed fairly alright. The 2 bed house I grew up in, on a council estate in London that tbh to an outsider could look fairly Chernobyl-like, and this is actually in the cheapest town to buy in all of London and greater London is worth 350k.

16 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Kosciuszko pale ale. Nectar of the gods. Best Aussie pale ale by far. If you weak continental cunts can grab some I HIGHLY recommend sampling a 6 pack.

It's better than 1 50 lashes or Little creatures. Easily.

Sounds eastern European. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

Mt Kosciuszko is Australias tallest mountain. It's like, 10 meters tall at least.

Pronounced Kozi os ko generally. I like to pronounce it Kosh shoosh ko and tell people that is the proper way to say it. So many mouth breathers pick it up xD

Your pronunciation is actually much closer to how it should be pronounced. Kosziuczko is a Polish national hero who led the uprising against the Russians and Prussians in the 18th century and later fought in the American Revolution, that mountain in Australia is named after him...

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Your pronunciation is actually much closer to how it should be pronounced. Kosziuczko is a Polish national hero who led the uprising against the Russians and Prussians in the 18th century and later fought in the American Revolution, that mountain in Australia is named after him...

:x Gosh, I've missed you.

12 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Kosciuszko pale ale. Nectar of the gods. Best Aussie pale ale by far. If you weak continental cunts can grab some I HIGHLY recommend sampling a 6 pack.

It's better than 1 50 lashes or Little creatures. Easily.

It is easy because those are rubbish. I used to think Little Creatures' Red (is it called Rogers?) was the best beer ever. Turns out it tastes like water compared to other red ales.

It's has pretty mediocre reviews from what I've read. It's probably fine though.

Australian beer is kind of funny. Like how Victorian Bitter and XXX Bitter are not bitters, both are American-Style lagers. It's all overpriced mediocre but still palatable beer. Most craft beer is inaccessible due to the cost as well, the beer variety in Australia is horrible unless you like to smash schooners of VB at the local at 5pm (which I fucking loved doing). Now I've had some even worse beers in America but since America is several times the size of Australia through the law of averages of I'd drank some fantastic beers.

Oh, I remember I really liking James Boag but they are mainly lagers.

Archived