talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 1 - 17/18th June - Germany 0-1 Mexico, Sweden 1-0 South Korea

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Only in penalty box and if they get it wrong then they can't do it anymore. It works perfectly in Hockey and Its a way more faster sport than football.

There's a huge difference between Hockey/Rugby and football, players actually respect the referee's authority in both those sports. I think its a good idea to let a team get a chance and then not get another but I don't think anyone would vote for that to ever happen just because they'd lose the ability to fire off any request like they do now.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

No signal for the TV again :(. Did I miss much? 

meh.

Sweden better in the first half and created more opportunities.

South Korea were lacklustre and even when chasing the game for the majority of the first half, they didn't look that threatening. Their star player, Son-Heung Min, was largely disappointing. 

The penalty/VAR overturning the original decision probably the biggest talking point away from Berg's miss in the first half. Sweden weren't tested that much by South Korea.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

There's a huge difference between Hockey/Rugby and football, players actually respect the referee's authority in both those sports. I think its a good idea to let a team get a chance and then not get another but I don't think anyone would vote for that to ever happen just because they'd lose the ability to fire off any request like they do now.

True football players are different than other sportsman but it won't certainly waste time as you have to make a call in 10s.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mostly the latter, but in most of SE Asia, clean complexion with smooth skin and no hair is also desired. Also, people in general have very youthful looks here, at least before their 50s. 

Aaaaah smooooooth.... :x

Now I know why you're out there you minx. :ph34r:

Need a lodger?

• Subscriber
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

You can look youthful even with facial hair.

I know, it was just a general observation - the majority of Cambodians, Thais, Burmese and Vietnamese I know that are in their late 20s and 30s, sometimes in their 40s even, could easily pass for an 18 year old or younger, both males and females. That might be partially down to their diet, lifestyle, physical characteristics and genetics, but they do appear to age better. So add the natural lack of body/facial hair to that, and it definitely explains the "boyish" looks.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Need a lodger?

To be honest, it's not really my taste haha, I prefer my men more masculine B|

Just now, nudge said:

Talking about what Devon von Devon was talking about on grass rolling... Thank the Lord I don't have to comb my back! xDO.o

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Need a lodger?

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That rules you right out of the equation mate... If she is ever in need of a maid mind I am sure something can be arranged... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That rules you right out of the equation mate... If she is ever in need of a maid mind I am sure something can be arranged... 

I do have a varied selection of sexy pinafores though! :banana:

22 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Then I just don't know how VAR can be used in that case? It'll in most cases be used after an initial decision is made. 

Have you never watched NRL? When the ref decides he can't make a correct call based on what was seen he differs to the VAR and they make a decision. It's not an abstraction. There is a foul in the box, ref doesn't see all of it, makes the VAR signal, the VAR informs the ref of what happened, the decision is called. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I do have a varied selection of sexy pinafores though! :banana:

I understand that naked male maids doing the hoovering and dusting are all the rage in certain circles... Is that why you have a selection?? 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Wasn't VAR supposed to be active like the linesman? E.g. a foul occurs in the box so VAR looks at the decision and can report it to the referee before its asked for?

it is.

VAR in their little hideaway hubs are constantly checking the game and reviewing incidents. They'll be chatting to the referee but the ref needs to wait til it gets to a 'neutral' area of the pitch before stopping the play. 

Well seeing as I'm #TeamKorea, I'd thought I'd catch the game earlier. Sweden deservedly won. We were poor. It felt like we were happy to draw until we went behind and then tried like fuck to get forward. Not good enough.

I am going to enjoy the next two games because that's all we're going to have left before we fly back to Seoul. Football isn't for us. We need to stick to humour. That's why we are loved.

Going to hope they bring in Foo King-Shit for the next game. He deserves a chance.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well seeing as I'm #TeamKorea, I'd thought I'd catch the game earlier. Sweden deservedly won. We were poor. It felt like we were happy to draw until we went behind and then tried like fuck to get forward. Not good enough.

I am going to enjoy the next two games because that's all we're going to have left before we fly back to Seoul. Football isn't for us. We need to stick to humour. That's why we are loved.

Going to hope they bring in Foo King-Shit for the next game. He deserves a chance.

Ho%20Lee%20Fuk%202.png?itok=QWxdpbmj

• Administrator

Belgium are playing terrible. Launching high balls up the pitch when they have the quality of individuals to play it around Panama and move them about to create space for their forwards (Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens etc).

It's turgid to watch. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Belgium are playing terrible. Launching high balls up the pitch when they have the quality of individuals to play it around Panama and move them about to create space for their forwards (Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens etc).

It's turgid to watch. 

Reported for posting in the wrong thread

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

it is.

VAR in their little hideaway hubs are constantly checking the game and reviewing incidents. They'll be chatting to the referee but the ref needs to wait til it gets to a 'neutral' area of the pitch before stopping the play. 

working as expected then, the VAR not the Referees.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I understand that naked male maids doing the hoovering and dusting are all the rage in certain circles... Is that why you have a selection?? 

Just think Freddy Mercury in "I Want To Break Free" O.o

A lot of the time Plattenhardt was open in acres of space but his teammates rather ignored him.

is hector back in Saturday?. He usually provides some overlapping runs and decent crosses into the opposing box and his teammates actually pass him the ball

Archived