talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal

football forum

Should edit that first post. Their prospects just rose significantly. 

But FFS they should have buried that first chance. Thats what Japan just dont seem to get right time and again. Nowhere near clinical enough for the good possession and play, and opportunities they create.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yup - Colombia awful like in the qualifiers. I still don't know how they qualified for the World Cup over Chile.

What? Your lot qualified over Chile. 

Also, great start for Japan. Going to be tough though as Colombia have quality. 

Just now, Toinho said:

What? Your lot qualified over Chile. 

Also, great start for Japan. Going to be tough though as Colombia have quality. 

We are better than Colombia. I've been saying it since the qualifiers. 

Chile are better than Colombia though. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I know that you'd play innocent for obvious reasons but Sanchez was still complaining a good two minutes after the incident xD

Amazing for Japan, love a good underdog story. 

as well as the Suarez resemblance I also instantly thought of Steven Taylor for Newcastle against Villa (?) all those years ago where he clutched the side of his chest as if he'd been sprayed by an AK47 xD 

Just now, Blue said:

We are better than Colombia. I've been saying it since the qualifiers. 

Chile are better than Colombia though. 

Well, clearly not. Dumbest comment I've seen on this forum. 

Suarez did it to not lose the game though.

Sanchez did it 5 minutes in and giving Colombia a mountain to climb. Shocking red.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Same xD you have to try it I suppose, but looks hilarious.

yep! I think we may all do the same but with so many cameras in the grounds these days it's impossible to get away with!

Just now, Toinho said:

Well, clearly not. Dumbest comment I've seen on this forum. 

Nah, Colombia have been this shit since the qualifiers.

We went 15 games unbeaten for a good reason. 

Chile were inconsistent and arrogant but at least in their prime they actually played good stuff. 

Just now, Blue said:

Nah, Colombia have been this shit since the qualifiers.

We went 15 games unbeaten for a good reason. 

Chile were inconsistent and arrogant but at least in their prime they actually played good stuff. 

Whoever finished above you are better than you due to that's how football works. Can't count friendlies either. 

A long way to go here and in the grand scheme of the group stages but a Colombia defeat here is also massive for England. 

Japan appear decent here, granted they’re facing ten men for much of a game but they’ve started this opening thirty very well. 

This is the best group IMO. I’ve been thinking it since the draw, I think it’s wide open and every team has a decent chance of qualification to the knockouts. 

Just now, Toinho said:

Whoever finished above you are better than you due to that's how football works. Can't count friendlies either. 

They really aren't. 

The best team doesn't always win.

I think the top 2 in South America were fair. Below that it was anyones game. We only finished 5th because of our dreadful start.

Just now, Toinho said:

That's enough internet for me today.

Mate I just wanted you to know you are wrong xD

A league table shows highest consistency but not the best team. By that logic, Saudi Arabia are better than Australia. 

Peru being better than Colombia is entirely opinion based, but I think we are because Colombia have been dross since 2015. We've been good since late 2016.

• The title was changed to Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived