talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal

football forum

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

They really aren't. 

The best team doesn't always win.

I think the top 2 in South America were fair. Below that it was anyones game. We only finished 5th because of our dreadful start.

And now you are staring 0 points in the face. I think you may have overrated your team. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

And now you are staring 0 points in the face. I think you may have overrated your team. 

We don't have an easy group mate.

We don't have excuses to be as wasteful in the Denmark game, but my excuse is we have France next.

Kind of unfair to judge us based upon that in my opinion.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mate I just wanted you to know you are wrong xD

A league table shows highest consistency but not the best team. By that logic, Saudi Arabia are better than Australia. 

Peru being better than Colombia is entirely opinion based, but I think we are because Colombia have been dross since 2015. We've been good since late 2016.

that's fine, and it's okay to have that opinion.

but you can't say someone else is 'wrong' for their opinion which isn't anything out of the ordinary

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Mate I just wanted you to know you are wrong xD

A league table shows highest consistency but not the best team. By that logic, Saudi Arabia are better than Australia. 

Peru being better than Colombia is entirely opinion based, but I think we are because Colombia have been dross since 2015. We've been good since late 2016.

I know you're on the spectrum but mate you know nothing about football. You've just said it's your opinion and not the truth? So how is my opinion that a table shows who was best over that period of time is wrong? 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

We don't have an easy group mate.

We don't have excuses to be as wasteful in the Denmark game, but my excuse is we have France next.

Kind of unfair to judge us based upon that in my opinion.

I'm am just pointing out the fact that you are certainly saying you are better than a lot of countries while sitting on 0 points. 

Just now, Stan said:

that's fine, and it's okay to have that opinion.

but you can't say someone else is 'wrong' for their opinion which isn't anything out of the ordinary

I said he is wrong for his views on a league table, well ok maybe I worded that wrongly so if thats the case, I apologize Toinho. 

I think a better way to put it is that he's being harsh on us when Saudi Arabia finished above Australia, when he knows they are clearly not better than them.

Nothing to do with Colombia being better than Peru, I think its fair enough to think that. I just don't.

Just now, Eco said:

I'm am just pointing out the fact that you are certainly saying you are better than a lot of countries while sitting on 0 points. 

Put us in Colombia's group and I guarantee you we wouldn't have 0 points.

Looks bad on paper, but we are certainly better than at least 3 of those 4 teams.

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A long way to go here and in the grand scheme of the group stages but a Colombia defeat here is also massive for England. 

Japan appear decent here, granted they’re facing ten men for much of a game but they’ve started this opening thirty very well. 

This is the best group IMO. I’ve been thinking it since the draw, I think it’s wide open and every team has a decent chance of qualification to the knockouts. 

Kiss of death. Fuck off. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

No one think that free kick should never have been given? Utter farce. 

you should be on the spectrum with comments like this xD

it was clearly over the line.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Put us in Colombia's group and I guarantee you we wouldn't have 0 points.

Looks bad on paper, but we are certainly better than at least 3 of those 4 teams.

If your first match was against Poland you would likely have 0 points still. 

Just now, Eco said:

If your first match was against Poland you would likely have 0 points still. 

What is your point though? Saying we are shit for losing 1 game? 

We are probably going to lose to France, which is why I was so worried about losing vs Denmark, but you can't use it as a view point for thinking we are a poor side - especially given its only been 1 game. Such an American view it hurts.

I think we will end the World Cup with 3 or 4 points, and do ourselves some justice. However, I have some right to say we are better than Colombia who have been shithousing all their results for 3 years now.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

The decision of the free kick, I didn't say the goal? You ducking wanker. 

haha fair enough. I agree on that point that free kick was soft.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

What is your point though? Saying we are shit for losing 1 game? 

We are probably going to lose to France, which is why I was so worried about losing vs Denmark, but you can't use it as a view point for thinking we are a poor side - especially given its only been 1 game. Such an American view it hurts.

I think we will end the World Cup with 3 or 4 points, and do ourselves some justice. However, I have some right to say we are better than Colombia who have been shithousing all their results for 3 years now.

Nope - Not at all. I'm just saying that it's ironic that you are judging a team for being 'shit' when they are currently tied while being down a man, whereas Peru are sitting in their rooms with zero points. 

It's like if I started spouting off how much better America is over KSA, which may be true, but no one cares because they are in Russia, and we are at home. 

Just now, Eco said:

Nope - Not at all. I'm just saying that it's ironic that you are judging a team for being 'shit' when they are currently tied while being down a man, whereas Peru are sitting in their rooms with zero points. 

It's like if I started spouting off how much better America is over KSA, which may be true, but no one cares because they are in Russia, and we are at home. 

Fair enough - I see your point.

However, I still don't think its that fair to judge us based on our first game. I personally think we got what we deserved, but you well know we played a good game and showed what we are made of.

• The title was changed to Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived