The better place to talk football.

Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal

football forum

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Fair enough - I see your point.

However, I still don't think its that fair to judge us based on our first game. I personally think we got what we deserved, but you well know we played a good game and showed what we are made of.

What are you on about? You guys looked like pure shit. The US NT would have beat that shit 3 or 4 -0. You are truly smoking.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Kidding mate, you guys looked really promising, just wasted way too many chances.Β xD

Just now, Eco said:

What are you on about? You guys looked like pure shit. The US NT would have beat that shit 3 or 4 -0. You are truly smoking.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Kidding mate, you guys looked really promising, just wasted way too many chances.Β xD

Honestly mate, my main thread of hope comes from this: Uruguay lost to Costa Rica 4 years ago and then went on to beat England and Italy to go through.

I know they had better players, but it just goes to show anything is possible. As you yourself said, we just need to finish our chances!Β 

Japan the better side here. Good save from Ospina just now.Β 

Japan are known for being lightweights though, so lets see how this pans out.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just seen the Japan goal. Absolutely not shocked that it come from Davinson Sanchez being in no man’s land. An exotic Troy Archibald-Henville that man.Β 

:bartrapique:

Could see that from a mile away. Colombia's luck has run out and I can see them going out in the groups now. They've been terrible for a long time.

Takashi Inui my player of the match. He created so much danger on the left side and even did well defensively.

Wonderful World Cup moment... Japan loves its football and this moment will become historic in their football folklore. The technical ability of the Japanese coupled with their no holds barred 100mph football is a joy to watch.Β 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Japan deserved to win that because their home kit is the best at the tournament. Made up for them too as they've always been a bit of a dark horse waiting to be unleashed.Β 

Would love a Japan v England game in the next round.

Lies.Β 

No one touches Brazil. Iconic and sexy.Β 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

So happy Japan beat those cheating wanks from South America (well, all of their sides are). First Asian side to beat a South American team at the World Cup.Β 

I have friends in Japan who have messaged me saying they can't believe it. I am just happy they are finally showing some mettle because honestly its been a long time coming.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Japanese women singing songs and shouting Nippon. Great game Japan and for setting history in the WC. First Asian nation to beat a South American nation at a WC.

I've got a bit of a Nippon after that

• The title was changed to Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived