talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Patrick Vieira - From NYC to Nice

• Administrator

He's resigned from New York City mid-way through MLS to, apparently, take the reigns at OGC Nice.

New York City Football Club head coach Patrick Vieira is expected leave the club to join OGC Nice. Although City Football Group confirmed the news on Sunday, in a published post on Manchester City's website, it deleted the announcement shortly after.

Vieira joined NYCFC in the beginning of 2016 and led the team to two consecutive playoff appearances and finished in second place in the Eastern Conference both years.

"I would like to thank City Football Group and New York City FC for the opportunity to have coached this tremendous football club," Vieira said in the pre-deleted statement. "Leaving New York is an incredibly difficult decision for me and for my family and one that has not been taken lightly.”

“From the beginning, City Football Group and its leadership, particularly our Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Brian Marwood, Ferran Soriano and Marty Edelman have believed in me and have helped guide me through the last eight years of my career – starting with my time as a player and ultimately culminating with my first opportunity to manage a first team.”

Although it is unclear who will take over Vieira's job, the candidate will likely be from inside City Football Group.

The Arsenal legend will head back to Europe immediately, this time in preparation for the beginning of the new Ligue 1 season. The Frenchman will reportedly take most of his first-team staff with him.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/06/10/patrick-vieira-leaves-nycfc-ogc-nice

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been rumors about this for some time now. Love the guy and will definitely miss him in the MLS, however, this likely means NYC FC take a step back which absolutely helps Atlanta. 

Best of luck in France, Vieira

Just now, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Stop trying to relate everything back to Peru and/or Peruvian football player. You know your nations footballers, we get it already.

Stop relating everything to Liverpool or Mohamed Salah, we get it you know about them.

Same concept really. Its not a full English footy forum you're way too high strung.

6 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Yeah, cause I go into every topic talking about Salah don't I...dope.

@Blue

Half the time I see your posts I see Liverpool or Salah mentioned.

Why are you lying to yourself to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven?

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Half the time I see your posts I see Liverpool or Salah mentioned.

Why are you lying to yourself to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven?

Stop. 

Go to off-topic to squabble and not derailing every thread. 

k, thx, bye

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Stop. 

Go to off-topic to squabble and not derailing every thread. 

k, thx, bye

Yes, because it's my fault that I'm being so rudely told to stop talking about what I know best xD have a day off.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, because it's my fault that I'm being so rudely told to stop talking about what I know best xD have a day off.

....never said it was your fault. But the admin here have told you 564 times to ignore the bait. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

....never said it was your fault. But the admin here have told you 564 times to ignore the bait. 

Why target the biter then, I often do ignore the bait but I'm no different to the likes of Cicero or even yourself. Christ.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Why target the biter then, I often do ignore the bait but I'm no different to the likes of Cicero or even yourself. Christ.

Because you have a history...

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Because you have a history...

So what? It doesn't matter if I do or not. I'm not just going to let random insults get thrown around for putting effort into my posts.

I guess the one who initiates an arguement is always a snowflake who gets away with it. If you want all childish arguments to stop, don't feed the baiter which is exactly what you're doing. This thread was going just fine until you 2 stepped in.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting to see how he does in his first proper managerial job.

Agreed. Might have been a smart move for him to get more experience here in the States where he was with a talented team, in a city that's nice to live in. 

Wish nothing but the best for him. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting to see how he does in his first proper managerial job.

why is NYCFC not a proper manager's job?

13 hours ago, Blue said:

In other words, because they are not European.

Christ almighty.

I think what Danny meant is that it will be interesting to see how he copes in a more competitive league with better quality of players when theres a demand and expectation to do well.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I think what Danny meant is that it will be interesting to see how he copes in a more competitive league with better quality of players when theres a demand and expectation to do well.

More than likely, but to say NYCFC not being a "proper" job is disrespectful to them. Its the wording that bothers me more than anything.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Admittedly I was just being a cunt. But it's a weak league somewhere between midtable Championship and midtable League One that has been sprinkled with gimmicks like Ibrahimovic, Henry, etc. The gimmicks being where meting being a cunt stemmed from.

Viera going to Nice is like Heckingbottom leaving Rotherham for Everton or Watford. A massive step up where in reality his time in the MLS won't offer too many clues as to how he'll do.

Archived