talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2018/19 Fixtures

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad run of teams for our first few games. First big boy is Spurs at their place. Cant complain at all.

Last game vs Wolves is a bit of a bastard but you'd hope we don't leave things till last minute again.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wolves away first up is a complete unknown given who they may bring on board. After that it's quite pleasant though so a win on day one could start a nice little run.

'shut the club down if we don't beat Wolves' surely?

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Arsenal got a terrible draw...

There's an old adage in english football which I don't know how statistically true it is, but it is basically that the best time to play the top teams is the first game of the season.

Although these days it is updating to the best time being after they've had an away day in Eastern Europe.

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

There's an old adage in english football which I don't know how statistically true it is, but it is basically that the best time to play the top teams is the first game of the season.

Although these days it is updating to the best time being after they've had an away day in Eastern Europe.

Ha - I'm thinking with a new manager for the first time in over a decade, this might be a rough way to start your tenure at Arsenal. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha - I'm thinking with a new manager for the first time in over a decade, this might be a rough way to start your tenure at Arsenal. 

All depends how tired Danny Welbeck is after his lads holiday in Russia :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

That's probably true

In last seasons opener we allowed ourselves to get mugged over by Burnley, We did have 10 then late on 9 men admittedly but even so.. The only good thing about that defeat was that Burnley had a fairly decent season overall so I will pretend that we got beat by an 'in form' side which will make me feel better about it..  

On paper it looks as though all our hardest games are spread out a bit rather than having 2 or 3 tough games on the bounce, but then again thinking about some of the teams that turned us over last season it's hard to work out which games are going to be the tough ones... xD

Everyone of them could be dire if they don't sort out who is in charge next season sharpish... 

57 minutes ago, Eco said:

How are the Toon looking this year? 

The local paper are saying we've got about the same budget as last summer, so not good. We will be back in the loan market to stay up.

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's probably true

In last seasons opener we allowed ourselves to get mugged over by Burnley, We did have 10 then late on 9 men admittedly but even so.. The only good thing about that defeat was that Burnley had a fairly decent season overall so I will pretend that we got beat by an 'in form' side which will make me feel better about it..  

On paper it looks as though all our hardest games are spread out a bit rather than having 2 or 3 tough games on the bounce, but then again thinking about some of the teams that turned us over last season it's hard to work out which games are going to be the tough ones... xD

Everyone of them could be dire if they don't sort out who is in charge next season sharpish... 

Problem there is it wasn't just your opener you were shit in :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

The local paper are saying we've got about the same budget as last summer, so not good. We will be back in the loan market to stay up.

Problem there is it wasn't just your opener you were shit in :ph34r:

Yea but with the sending's off it could have just been a fluke... You know, a random one off event. As time went on however we realised that in fact it was the 'standard' by which all of the other games were going to be played... We were at least consistent with that if nothing else... 

40 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Weird how people think it’s literally completely random and there isn’t copious amounts of data put into the ‘computer’. This will just be one of them. 

Everton have probably the best start they could have hoped for. Eight of their first ten games against sides of a similar or lower ilk to them with only Arsenal and United to play of the “big teams”. It’s one of them where if they get it right, it’s the solid platform laid for a successful year, however, if it goes wrong, Silva’s sacked by before Christmas and they’re in the same situation as last season. 

Barring Tottenham on the penultimate weekend, Bournemouth’s run in is pretty pretty decent. Huddersfield, Newcastle, Leicester, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham, Southampton and Palace all to play with only two of those finishing in the top half last season. Though, if they can’t get the points required to stay up from those games, they deserve everything they get. 

• Subscriber

I'm happy with our start, if you look towards November-January though we've got a run of five consecutive away games against the big six which is pretty gay, and then obviously the same but at home later in the season.

On 15/06/2018 at 12:00, The Artful Dodger said:

The MEN is only rivalled by the Liverpool Echo in terms of utter shite regional newspapers.

Western Mail and it's online publication Walesonline are easily up there.

Aren't they all owned by the same group as well?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived