talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Agents

football forum

Football agents have always been the bad of football but recently now with the transfer of Justin Kluivert it's happening again now with one particular agent who cost Ajax millions in the early 90's, Mino Raiola.  He has just come on the scene with Justin Kluivert and ruined his relationship with Ajax which has led another Dutch talent to an Italian team. Mino is always behind Dutch players going to Italy because of his Dutch and Italian background. Justin has achieved nothing really, like the other players that have been transferred to Italy, many fail as it's a completely different style to what they are used to but Mino is only interested to make a quick buck from them.   He needs to be banned as he is one of the worse agents in the whole game. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I still dont understand how it can be acceptable for agents to take so much money out of the game when all they actually have to offer is allowing clubs to tap players up without speaking to them directly or helping players get moves out of clubs without them breaching contract by trying to force a move.

There should be a job for agents who are paid a salary or commission by players for helping them to negotiate a move. However, I don't see why the PFA in England or the equivalent footballers' unions in other countries can't have a committee of veteran or retired footballers who can come into contract negotiations and support or represent young footballers to make sure that they don't get shafted.

One of those things in football that I just can not understand at all. Goes to show how there's too much money flying around that clubs and players can just afford to toss £20million at agents to make their lives slightly easier in getting a transfer done.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I still dont understand how it can be acceptable for agents to take so much money out of the game when all they actually have to offer is allowing clubs to tap players up without speaking to them directly or helping players get moves out of clubs without them breaching contract by trying to force a move.

There should be a job for agents who are paid a salary or commission by players for helping them to negotiate a move. However, I don't see why the PFA in England or the equivalent footballers' unions in other countries can't have a committee of veteran or retired footballers who can come into contract negotiations and support or represent young footballers to make sure that they don't get shafted.

One of those things in football that I just can not understand at all. Goes to show how there's too much money flying around that clubs and players can just afford to toss £20million at agents to make their lives slightly easier in getting a transfer done.

Even on the free transfers agents are paid a huge fee because their client has choosen to sign for a particular club.  Crazy side of football.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.f636bb4ce1d781c6636df3444c5c54a5.png

Agent fees for international transfers top £500m for 2019, says Fifa

More than half a billion pounds has been spent so far in 2019 on agents and intermediaries involved in international transfers, Fifa says.

A report by football's governing body says global spending on commissions has reached a record $653.9m (£501m) - an increase of almost 20% on last year.

Fifa says 80% of that total was paid by clubs from Italy, England, Germany, Portugal, Spain and France combined.

Portuguese clubs spent more on commissions than they did on transfers.

Earlier this year, Fifa announced a series of measures to restrict fees paid to players' agents. It means agents of the selling club receive a maximum of 10% of the transfer fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50655720

Archived