talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is Mahrez Good Enough For Barcelona?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Been very disappointed with him every time I've watched him this year. Seems to run out of ideas, a lot of running at people but nowhere near as much end product and people are tackling him more often it seems.

Nowhere near good enough for Barca.

It would be a stupid move for Mahrez.  He is more recognised in England than in Spain although he has been a player speculated upon by the Barcelona based press for over a year now.  The reason behind that speculation would be to replace Arda Turan who may move...  But then again Barça would rather take on Real Madrid's Isco who they've been in contact with over the past two months.

Mahrez' best move if he does actually move is within the Premier League.

23 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I imagine Barcelona would rather nurture there own talent than having a player who will cost as much as Mahrez on the bench.

Not anymore mate, which is why Munir was shipped out to Valencia and replaced with Paco Alcacer who cost over 30 million.

23 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It would be a stupid move for Mahrez.  He is more recognised in England than in Spain although he has been a player speculated upon by the Barcelona based press for over a year now.  The reason behind that speculation would be to replace Arda Turan who may move...  But then again Barça would rather take on Real Madrid's Isco who they've been in contact with over the past two months.

Mahrez' best move if he does actually move is within the Premier League.

He'd be very well suited to la liga in my opinion, although not at Barcelona, Real Madrid or Atletico as he wouldn't suit the latter 2 and at Barcelona wouldn't get enough minutes to flourish.

As for his form this season, a team's form often affects the way and individual plays so I wouldn't be put off by his form if I was the owner of a club in the market for a player in his position.

Fraud is unfair but he's not as good consistently as the top players in the world. On his day, very good indeed. On a bad day, you can hardly notice he's on the pitch.

He's better off staying at Leicester for now.

• Subscriber

I'm not saying he's blameless but we definitely haven't given him a platform to flourish this season.

Saying that I think even despite that he's got to show more than he has done to be worthy of a move to Barcelona. I still think he's good enough to play for someone like Arsenal, but will anyone gamble the amount we'd want for him (I reckon at least £40mil still) after the season he's had? I actually think we may hang onto him.

In the right system he'd flourish. I think we're bringing the best from him again.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Not anymore mate, which is why Munir was shipped out to Valencia and replaced with Paco Alcacer who cost over 30 million.

He'd be very well suited to la liga in my opinion, although not at Barcelona, Real Madrid or Atletico as he wouldn't suit the latter 2 and at Barcelona wouldn't get enough minutes to flourish.

As for his form this season, a team's form often affects the way and individual plays so I wouldn't be put off by his form if I was the owner of a club in the market for a player in his position.

There's absolutely no room for him in the Barça midfield as it stands unless players go and even then he wouldn't be a first choice signing.

Verratti is needed more and if Arda leaves (because Iniesta and Rakitić are there), then Isco is more suited for a midfielder that causes havoc up front.

Veratti is definitely the one for me. Also I'd like to see more from Denis Suarez as he's a real gem and has impressed whenever he's been given chances this season. He just needs a manager who has full trust in him.

On the other hand, the front 3 isn't an area I believe needs work yet so talks of Griezmann and Dybala are ridiculous at this point. I also believe Paco can be a more than useful super sub if given sufficient opportunities. Also Munir, if brought back, would be another option.

• 1 month later...

He'll certainly be a great bench piece for us. Ala the likes of James and Isco for Madrid this season. But why waste such a great player on the bench? Especially when the MSN almost never sit haha. He shouldn't go to Barca, as good as it will be for our depth.

Veratti is definitely the one for me. Also I'd like to see more from Denis Suarez as he's a real gem and has impressed whenever he's been given chances this season. He just needs a manager who has full trust in him.

Verratti is the player that we definitely should try everything to get this summer. Exactly what our midfield is crying out for.

And I agree about Denis, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how Gomes does next season now that he's had a full season under his belt. I'm one of those that believe, given time and faith, he can be great for us.

Archived