talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Chambers Joins Fulham on Loan

Fulham have reignited their interest in Arsenal defender Calum Chambers, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old was one of their top targets last summer along with his then Gunners team-mate Lucas Perez, who returned to Deportivo La Coruna.

Chambers is high on their list again this summer as the Whites look to build a squad that can survive in the Premier League next season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Such a strange move by the club, he is far better than Holding and Mavropanos. Great for him he us going to a very good club and will play regular but this is such a weird move.

Honestly this has stemmed from the Sokratis deal, I maintain that is by far the worse piece of business we have done.

3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Such a strange move by the club, he is far better than Holding and Mavropanos. Great for him he us going to a very good club and will play regular but this is such a weird move.

Honestly this has stemmed from the Sokratis deal, I maintain that is by far the worse piece of business we have done.

Sokratis offers nothing to what we have already, he is so slow and will be a major liability, especially if we are playing a high pressing game under Emery, it's going to be a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Sokratis offers nothing to what we have already, he is so slow and will be a major liability, especially if we are playing a high pressing game under Emery, it's going to be a disaster. 

I agree, he was the last CB we really needed, not to mention he prefers the right side like most of our CB's do. Maybe this signals us buying a left sided centre back, but if that is the case why purchase Sokratis?

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree, he was the last CB we really needed, not to mention he prefers the right side like most of our CB's do. Maybe this signals us buying a left sided centre back, but if that is the case why purchase Sokratis?

Apparently we are doing a swap deal for Vida, with Mustafi going the other way., but its another slow defender who is nearly 30 again. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

In all fairness Arsenal have done awful business this summer.

I would disagree with that, I think all the business we have done made a lot of sense apart from Sokratis. Obviously we have to see how the new players get on, but I think Lichtsteiner and Torreira are top signings. Leno is 50/50 and Guendouzi is merely a punt. I think where we have failed this summer is shifting on the deadwood and I think it's one of the reasons we are panic loaning Chambers to clear some budget.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I would disagree with that, I think all the business we have done made a lot of sense apart from Sokratis. Obviously we have to see how the new players get on, but I think Lichtsteiner and Torreira are top signings. Leno is 50/50 and Guendouzi is merely a punt. I think where we have failed this summer is shifting on the deadwood and I think it's one of the reasons we are panic loaning Chambers to clear some budget.

Well Everyone is banging on about Torreira but no one has really seen him play, I think its a risk and over the top from some of the fans about him.  Leno I do not rate,  Cech will still be in goal this season as number 1.   Guendouzi looks the best signing for the future but overall Arsenal still have not strengthened the team, they need a top class defender and a wide player, hope we can bring a few in by Thursday. 

On 06/08/2018 at 17:45, Panna King said:

Is Sokratis slow? Can't pretend I've watched loads of Dortmund games but I've seen a fair few over the last couple of seasons and he's never struck me as that slow. Faster than Hummels or Subotic at least. Plus he's played RB which normally doesn't happen with slow defenders. 

Might not be the fastest mover but he's average at least, which with a decent stride length even makes him slightly pacey by the standards of a centre back, I always thought. 

Sokratis looks like he'll need time to settle in. Mustafi can be great one day, a liability the next. Koscielny is injured. Mavropanos is inexperienced. Chambers is out on loan. Only one I don't worry about is Holding as a backup. Should've signed a quality CB or just kept Chambers.

Archived