talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Torreira - Transfer from Sampdoria to Arsenal Completed

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're paying more than his release clause because we want to pay the fee in instalments. Guessing it works better when it comes to yearly financial statements. It's "Fekir to Liverpool" done at the moment, nearly completed but not an Arsenal player until there's an official announcement. 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Xhaka II

Xhaka was statistically one of the best central midfielders in the league so great. :coffee:

You're just jealous because you still have to deal with Eric Dier in midfield. :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really watched him but based on what everybody says about his creative qualities in the centre he seems exactly like the midfielder Arsenal need to press forward with.

Then again, two summer's ago Arsenal needed a defender with experience and quality along with a midfielder with a lot of bite in midfield. All the experts were saying that those players were Mustafi and Xhaka.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks all done, superb business he looked fantastic at the World Cup. I think he could be a real bargain, especially in today's market.

Interesting Ornstein believes that's our business done for the first team, unless we buy a youngster. To be fair I'm quite happy with our overall business, just need to see who goes now.

• The title was changed to Lucas Torreira - Transfer from Sampdoria to Arsenal Completed
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, 6666 said:

11 is a weird number for a defensive midfielder. Glad to have gotten this over the line though. That should be our defensive signings done. 

would you not make improvements on Bellerin and/or Monreal? Or you reckon they'd do well under Emery?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

would you not make improvements on Bellerin and/or Monreal? Or you reckon they'd do well under Emery?

It would be almost impossible to improve on Bellerin, the guy is phenomenal. Monreal and Kolasinac will compete for the LB role. Full back is the least of our priorities, especially with Lichsteiner already in.

22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If he's the creative gem he's hyped up to be I look forward to seeing how Emery plans to get the best out of him.

I've only heard you hype him up as that. xD

He's a midfield pitbull.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

I've only heard you hype him up as that. xD

He's a midfield pitbull.

:dash3:

I'm pretty sure Talksport hyped him up as one.

Do you feel you need a midfield pit bull? Arsenal fans haven't exactly garnered a reputation of understanding the importance of players who cover a lot of distance. Mesut Ozil further up the pitch is a prime example.

Archived