talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2018/19 Match Chat

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without Fekir they don't have much creativity. Aouar didn't have a good game but I wouldn't have taken him off, he's the one that could make something happen. They already had 3 forwards on the pitch doing nothing, adding a fourth in Cornet in place of Aouar didn't help. Fair play to Reims, they played well and now have six points from their first two games against Nice and Lyon.

Guingamp could have been up 2-0 after Buffon and a defender fell asleep on a sloppy play. The VARs took away the goal with a dubious foul call.  In the second half Mbappe came on and changed the game, scoring two himself.  Mbappe really reminds me of the original Ronaldo

5 hours ago, binder said:

Guingamp could have been up 2-0 after Buffon and a defender fell asleep on a sloppy play. The VARs took away the goal with a dubious foul call.  In the second half Mbappe came on and changed the game, scoring two himself.  Mbappe really reminds me of the original Ronaldo

Yeah, I heard about that. Didn't see the whole match so I can't really comment, but it doesn't surprise me.

Aouar dropped after a disappointing performance last week, Fekir only fit enough for the bench, and Morel keeps his place over new signing Jason Denayer. They could struggle again here if Strasbourg are organised at the back.

Lyon's midfield not creating anything, just like last week. Ferland Mendy's pass was meant for Depay, which caused confusion in the defence, allowing Terrier to get in behind and he finished brilliantly against his former club. 1-0 at half time. Strasbourg will have to open up more now, so I hope Fekir and Aouar come on to take advantage.

Monaco lost at Bordeaux. Monaco didn't play well and were vulnerable to counter attacks the whole game, the youngster Pellegri was the only good thing for them, coming on and getting a goal to equalise, but a really well worked goal at the end won the game for the managerless side.

Garcia not keeping faith with new signing Caleta Car after his disappointing debut, 18 year old Boubacar Kamara comes back in to partner Adil Rami. Bouna Sarr makes a miraculously quick comeback from injury to replace Sakai.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived