talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2018/19 Match Chat

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Valère Germain ! Probably the smallest man on the pitch, but he gets his head on it and finds the corner.

not sure I could withhold celebrations in a game like this netting the winner in the final minutes. even if it was against my old club!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just seen why Mbappe got sent off xD 

Player fouls him, he does a few Neymar-esque rolls but SUDDENLY, dramatically and oh so magically he's healed and readily capable to jump up and push the player to the ground xD 

On 03/09/2018 at 10:42, Stan said:

Just seen why Mbappe got sent off xD 

Player fouls him, he does a few Neymar-esque rolls but SUDDENLY, dramatically and oh so magically he's healed and readily capable to jump up and push the player to the ground xD 

Whilst that was comical, that was some finish for his goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game, that. Nice were the better team, Rennes were fortunate to take the lead thanks to a big deflection, and two late goals for the home team were enough to take the three points in the end. That's two wins in a row for Nice after a disastrous start for Vieira.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

@Batard what is your preferred centre back pairing? Rami's made mistake after mistake so far this season, but do you keep him in there for his experience?  Luiz Gustavo over the youngsters Caleta Car and Kamara?

I have no desire to see Luiz Gustavo in central defence. It takes away bite and power from midfield. Rami is a liability and has been for a while, the attitude didn’t match his potential ability and his off the field behaviour only reinforces that he believes he is some superstar. I like Caleta-Car a lot, but I’d rather play him alongside someone with greater leadership qualities. I highly expect another centreback in January, after his World Cup performances I was hoping Vida might be on the radar. But he’s not considered a sound investment for the club for his age. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Monaco dropping points again. I'm quite surprised by Leonardo Jardim's sides start to the season.

Yeah, they were missing Falcao, Jovetic and Rony Lopes yesterday...so eighteen year old Moussa Sylla played up front. They lost a lot of quality this summer, and their replacements are mostly young players picked from bottom half Ligue 1 sides. Their biggest signing, Golovin, still isn't fit to make his debut.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived