talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Two Charlton Players Accused of Ibiza Hotel Sex Attack

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44480425

Two Charlton Athletic footballers accused of a sex attack on a British woman in Ibiza have appeared in court.

Recco Hackett-Fairchild and Karlan Ahearne-Grant, both aged 20, were arrested on Tuesday after the 19-year-old woman reported a sexual assault in the village of San Jose.

The Foreign Office said it was aware of the allegations and was in contact with the family and Spanish authorities.

Charlton said it would not be commenting due to the investigation.

According to police in Ibiza, the woman and a friend were on holiday on the Spanish island.

They had gone to the town of San Antonio on 11 June and in the afternoon they met several other footballers.

It is alleged that the two women went to a hotel room in San Jose with the footballers, where one of them was sexually assaulted.

The following day, Spanish Police went to the hotel and arrested the two Charlton forwards.

A spokesman for Charlton said: "The club have been made aware and are looking into this matter.

"Due to the ongoing investigation we will not be commenting any further at this stage."

Ahearne-Grant began his career at Charlton in 2014 and has made 69 appearances for The Addicks in all competitions; scoring seven goals.

He has also had loan spells at Cambridge United and Crawley Town and has been capped by England at U17, U18 and U19 levels.

Hackett-Fairchild has made 12 appearances for Charlton since he joined the club in 2016.

The forward has also played for Dagenham & Redbridge and Dulwich Hamlet.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not saying this is the same outcome as the Ched Evans case but there’s some similarities between the two. 

This really isn’t what Charlton need in the lead up to a potential takeover. 

The reasoning behind him getting off was ridiculous in that case, landmark loophole exposed

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The reasoning behind him getting off was ridiculous in that case, landmark loophole exposed

In my country if 2 coked up pissheads fuck each other, then neither can consent, thus either will be found not guilty of sexual assault. Is it not the same in England?

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

In my country if 2 coked up pissheads fuck each other, then neither can consent, thus either will be found not guilty of sexual assault. Is it not the same in England?

The issue was she went back with one man and then Evans joined them in the hotel room afterwards via a backdoor (not invited by her) it was his hotel room his mate took her to. Neither male could say who asked for consent in court (said each other). He got put away and then was let out because the they were allowed to question her past sexual partners who testified that she essentially likes it rough in bed.

Just now, Danny said:

The issue was she went back with one man and then Evans joined them in the hotel room afterwards it was his hotel room his mate took her to. Neither male could say who asked for consent in court (said each other). He got put away and then was let out because the they were allowed to question her past sexual partners who testified that she essentially likes it rough in bed.

Here in Aus. If all parties involved were heavily under the infuence (which seems to be the case when I looked this trial up) then no one can consent. She is as at fault as they are. If 8 drunk men and a drunk horse fuck a drunk woman, so long as no 3rd party testifies that it was rape or forced in any way, no one can be convicted.

It's an imperfect system, but a good one, as it protects dudes from cases exactly like Evans. If I go to the club, get drunk and smash a piss blind bird and then fuck off I can't be convicted of raping her when she sobers up and decides crying rape is easier to explain to the BF.

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here in Aus. If all parties involved were heavily under the infuence (which seems to be the case when I looked this trial up) then no one can consent. She is as at fault as they are. If 8 drunk men and a drunk horse fuck a drunk woman, so long as no 3rd party testifies that it was rape or forced in any way, no one can be convicted.

It's an imperfect system, but a good one, as it protects dudes from cases exactly like Evans. If I go to the club, get drunk and smash a piss blind bird and then fuck off I can't be convicted of raping her when she sobers up and decides crying rape is easier to explain to the BF.

In the UK no consent = rape, pretty sure he was not in the same or similar condition as her. It's very difficult to get a rape conviction as seen in the recent Belfast incident, but I can't remember the entire case to go into it. You'd have to read the entire record of it.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

The issue was she went back with one man and then Evans joined them in the hotel room afterwards via a backdoor (not invited by her) it was his hotel room his mate took her to. Neither male could say who asked for consent in court (said each other). He got put away and then was let out because the they were allowed to question her past sexual partners who testified that she essentially likes it rough in bed.

It probably also didn’t help that she’d made two claims of being raped in the past that were never taken to court. 

Yeah there was more to the Ched Evans case. Morally what he did was unacceptable, but from what I remember there were too many question marks over the victim and the case for me to say he was guilty without reasonable doubt, as is the case with 90% of rape races which is why the conviction rate is so low.

The victim bullying has been awful, she's had to change her identity twice I believe.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It is kind of a loophole if someone is drugged up without knowing. 

These things are always so fucked anyway. He says, she says, bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yeah there was more to the Ched Evans case. Morally what he did was unacceptable, but from what I remember there were too many question marks over the victim and the case for me to say he was guilty without reasonable doubt, as is the case with 90% of rape races which is why the conviction rate is so low.

The victim bullying has been awful, she's had to change her identity twice I believe.

Is it 'victim bullying' when it isn't proven that they are a 'victim'? It is kind of an odd nomenclature given that by definition being bullied makes one a victim. Whether she is truthful or not, it isn't okay to harass someone to that point. 

It is crazy how people jump so quickly on either side of the fence concerning sexual violence.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is it 'victim bullying' when it isn't proven that they are a 'victim'? It is kind of an odd nomenclature given that by definition being bullied makes one a victim. Whether she is truthful or not, it isn't okay to harass someone to that point. 

It is crazy how people jump so quickly on either side of the fence concerning sexual violence.

Yeah I know what you mean. Maybe 'alleged vicitim' or 'complainant' would be better. She was a victim for 2 years until it got overturned.

Yeah I think some made their mind up too early that Evans was guilty but likewise the shit that the 'alleged victim' has got since and even Jessica Ennis still gets hurls of abuse or saying she didn't want the stand named after her. Frankly only 2 or maybe 3 people know what happened, or maybe they don't because they were all too drunk/high.

Evans getting his verdict overturned doesn't mean she was lying, things aren't always black and white. As you say, we'll never really know, the sad thing with rape, especially where drink/drugs are involved and no overt violence, it can easily turn into one person's word against another's. 

On 15/06/2018 at 04:32, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The flaw in that is you're implying that if somebody has taken coke, if you can entice somewhere private you can just fuck them. People should be allowed to take alcohol or drugs without the risk of somebody more dominant deciding to fuck them. Then you have the contentious issue on if a drink was spiked as another factor to consider.

Rape with drink/alcohol is a real difficult issue for all involved. There must be so many 'grey areas'. The victim not remembering the night before, the suspect not recognising they're being too forceful, people changing their mind half way through but not communicating effectively. Real horrible ideal for all genuine victims and I imagine a lot of people accused of it.

To be accused of a rapist must be the second worst tag I can think of behind being a peadofile. Even if proven innocent, that tag will not be lost on anybody that hears what the other parties version of events.

---

On a side note, Karlan Ahearne-Grant was highly thought of by Charlton fans a couple of years back. Not Joe Gomez level but enough to be a prolific Championship footballer. I was quite surprised to see him at Crawley Town last season for that reason.

Archived