talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City To Bid £130m For 18 Year Old Keeper Donnarumma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Isn't his agent Mino Raiola? I think I read somewhere Raiola saying he'd like to see Donnamura moving to a "bigger club", in his words obviously.

Having Raiola as his agent tells the full story. You don't have an agent like him if you're intent on being a one club man. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Well off topic mate, but even though I have never witnessed anything like what's described in that piece you've linked, one of my first ever jobs as a late teen almost in my twenties was working as a telephonist at one of London's most expensive hotels.  They constantly had arabs staying and some of the things constantly being talked about was what the chamber maids and other workers within the hotel would go through.  Some were paid off handsomely by the hotel owners to keep quiet and some were even paid by the arabs a substantial sum of money or extremely expensive gifts just to not tell.  This was a constant occurrence too, something that happened frequently.

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

Isn't his agent Mino Raiola? I think I read somewhere Raiola saying he'd like to see Donnamura moving to a "bigger club", in his words obviously.

Hope that obese, corrupt gipsy bastard dies an horrible death.

Mino Raiola does seem to cause havoc with players who are completely under contract at their present clubs.  There are just so many stories it's unbelievable and the worst part is how he lays into clubs and coaches when things aren't going all that well for his client or how he would like them to go.  Situations such as a player suddenly falling out of favour with a coach is met with a barrage of almost verbal abuse and it's not because he cares a damn about his client, but because it damages the negotiation leverage he could possibly have for selling on and getting the highest commission percentage.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Well off topic mate, but even though I have never witnessed anything like what's described in that piece you've linked, one of my first ever jobs as a late teen almost in my twenties was working as a telephonist at one of London's most expensive hotels.  They constantly had arabs staying and some of the things constantly being talked about was what the chamber maids and other workers within the hotel would go through.  Some were paid off handsomely by the hotel owners to keep quiet and some were even paid by the arabs a substantial sum of money or extremely expensive gifts just to not tell.  This was a constant occurrence too, something that happened frequently.

I was making jokes about Man City's owners being sick bastards.

On 24/3/2017 at 0:03 PM, The Rebel CRS said:

Bravo's actually a brilliant keeper and showed it for years at Real Sociedad, followed by Barcelona and obviously for Chile consistently over the years also, in both the World Cup and Copa America. The problem with keepers is that all it takes is a few mistakes, everyone gets on their back, they lose confidence and never regain it unless they move on. Another factor to consider is that he was used to playing in the same league for over a decade before moving to a completely foreign country when he's no longer in his development stages.

When it comes to South American keepers, I've always liked Ospina more. However Bravo won me over since the 2015 Copa America and proved to me that while somewhat inconsistent, he is a very good keeper.

I've said this on many other threads but Franco Armani (Atletico Nacional's keeper, champion of America) is the best South American goalkeeper for me.

EDIT: Keep an eye out for Wuilker Fariñez in the future. Looks a talented keeper in a very good upcoming Venezuelan generation.

Bravo is a brilliant keeper!

What's happened to him here is something incomprehensible and unusual.  His career speaks for itself and it's sad that this has occurred to him...  His start marked his spell at City and there's no way back it seems.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's happened to him here is something incomprehensible and unusual. His career speaks for itself and it's sad that this has occurred to him...  His start marked his spell at City and there's no way back it seems.

It's called "having to make saves because your team doesn't have the ball for the whole game".

54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's happened to him here is something incomprehensible and unusual.  His career speaks for itself and it's sad that this has occurred to him...  His start marked his spell at City and there's no way back it seems.

Was. Can't take away his past but his present is horrible. I always had the philosophy 'only as good as the last game', I never bought into 'form is temporary but class is permanent'.

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's called "having to make saves because your team doesn't have the ball for the whole game".

Didn't know Real Sociedad and Chile were that great.

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

Was. Can't take away his past but his present is horrible. I always had the philosophy 'only as good as the last game', I never bought into 'form is temporary but class is permanent'.

Didn't know Real Sociedad and Chile were that great.

I couldn't disagree more. He's had many good years and suddenly he's a bad keeper because of a bad 7 months? On top of that he's been very good for Chile in the past few games so its not like he's not a good keeper at all as of late.

14 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I couldn't disagree more. He's had many good years and suddenly he's a bad keeper because of a bad 7 months? On top of that he's been very good for Chile in the past few games so its not like he's not a good keeper at all as of late.

Yes, he is a bad keeper because of seven months. He might be a good keeper again in a few months  but right now he is trash. People said the same thing about Fernando Torres. I don't give two shits how good he was, if he isn't performing right now then he shouldn't be starting.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yes, he is a bad keeper because of seven months. He might be a good keeper again in a few months  but right now he is trash. People said the same thing about Fernando Torres.

So how do you explain the brilliant performances for Chile? If he's trash.

Not like South American qualifiers are of a low standard. If anything it could be of a higher standard than the prem.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Not like South American qualifiers are of a low standard. If anything it could be of a higher standard than the prem.

I don't care about international football.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't care about international football.

Well you just proved my point with that. You say he's trash because he's not doing well for City but if he's doing well for Chile (and his clubs before that), have you not thought maybe its an issue with the club and not Bravo?

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Well you just proved my point with that. You say he's trash because he's not doing well for City but if he's doing well for Chile, have you not thought maybe its an issue with the club and not Bravo?

So the club causes him to make poor decisions on the pitch? Get on with it, since when are players no longer culpable? It's always the manager's or the club's fault, the player is an innocent little chess piece. Sure the manager is influential but they aren't on the pitch, are they?

Just now, Spike said:

So the club causes him to make poor decisions on the pitch? Get on with it, since when are players no longer culpable? It's always the manager's or the club's fault, the player is an innocent little chess piece. Sure the manager is influential but they aren't on the pitch, are they?

I'm not going on with the system, but he's been a very good keeper for Real Sociedad and Barcelona. If he was doing poorly for Chile I'd agree with you but he's not, and the common denominator is Manchester City. Have you not thought it could be the training too? I'm not defending Bravo's performance in the Premier League but he's done well at his previous clubs and is doing well for Chile currently. He's not trash.

7 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm not going on with the system, but he's been a very good keeper for Real Sociedad and Barcelona. If he was doing poorly for Chile I'd agree with you but he's not, and the common denominator is Manchester City. Have you not thought it could be the training too? I'm not defending Bravo's performance in the Premier League but he's done well at his previous clubs and is doing well for Chile currently. He's not trash.

Did you not read my posts or are you arguing for the sake of it? I literally do not care how well he played for Real Sociedad or Barcelona, that is in the past, the past is irrelevant. He has played bad for ManCity ergo he has been a bad goalkeeper for ManCity. He has had more bad games for ManCity in the last season than for Chile; good for him he is performing for Chile but I'm not talking about that because international performance is irrelevant in a thread about MANCITY.

We aren't talking about Barcelona

We aren't talking about Chile

We aren't talking about Colo-Colo or Sociedad

We are talking about ManCity and he has been trash for them.

We aren't discussing Donarumma replacing Bravo for Chile, we are discussing Donarumma replacing Bravo at ManCity.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Higher standard than the prem xD He's playing Peruvian guinea pig farmers, and Bolivian mountain goat herders.

Archived