• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Match Chat - 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Weren't artificial pitches brought in to reduce the amount of games called off during winter, and to prevent backlog of fixtures later on in the season? Admittedly they should be made safer to prevent injury but I can see why they've been introduced.

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weren't artificial pitches brought in to reduce the amount of games called off during winter, and to prevent backlog of fixtures later on in the season? Admittedly they should be made safer to prevent injury but I can see why they've been introduced.

Yeah in principle I can see some argument, but if the artificial pitches used are of such a low quality then people aren't going to care so much about the reasons. At the very least there should be some better quality control over the pitches used, if a natural pitch year-round is going to be beyond the reach of some clubs.

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That guy.

The Irish FA is attempting to stop Kyle Lafferty playing for Rangers this weekend after invoking FIFA’s five-day rule.

Lafferty was an 87th-minute substitute for Rangers five days before Northern Ireland faced Austria in the Nations League on October 12 and manager Michael O'Neill said the 31-year-old had called him later that night to explain he would not be travelling because of an Achilles injury.

That meant he missed the defeat in Viennaand their 2-0 loss to Bosnia and Herzegovinain Sarajevo on Monday.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived