• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Match Chat - 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Kilmarnock are top?! Hope they or any of the other ten Premier League teams that aren’t Celtic or Rangers win it. 

In the last 38 league games Celtic have 78 points, Kilmarnock have 75 points. Steve Clarke has transformed the club.

42 minutes ago, Marc said:

That’s fucking impressive.

questions need to be asked of Gerrard with regard to discipline. I can’t rver remember a red card record like it.

Also during Clarke's time at Kilmarnock, they've played Celtic four times winning two and drawing the other two. A record they'll look to extend on Saturday when they met again.

• Administrator

Had a look at the table last night on the train home from Fulham and was shocked as you all are here that Kilmarnock are top. I thought Aberdeen were the strongest contenders to the Glaswegian clubs. If not them, then perhaps Hibs/Hearts. Didn't know Kilmarnock had a record to match up to Celtic like that.

• Administrator

Kenny Miller scores against his former club! He's come back to bite the hand that feeds him!

Surprising lead for Dundee but very poor defending from Rangers.

• Administrator

RED CARD for Dundee!!

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Deciding to give Dundee vs Rangers a watch. 

Expecting goals and red cards as standard.

Didn't expect this to come in so soon xD

Not sure it was a red though...

• Subscriber

Livingston 5-0 Hearts: Embarrassed Craig Levein says 'we made them look like PSG'

14 December 2018 | Hearts

Hearts manager Craig Levein says he is embarrassed by their 5-0 defeat by Livingston after making their hosts "look like Paris St-Germain".

Arnaud Djoum was sent off for a second booking moments after Craig Halkett's penalty made it 1-0, after earlier losing Clevid Dikamona to injury.

However, Levein said that was no excuse for conceding five goals in 14 minutes at Tony Macaroni Arena.

"I'm dumbfounded in all honesty," Levein told BBC Scotland.

The teams were deadlocked at 0-0 until goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal clattered into Halkett and the centre-half opened the scoring from the spot after 72 minutes in Livingston.

"Some things went against us, but that happens in a football match," Levein said. "We lost Clevid through injury then Bobby [Zlamal] makes a poor decision - he should have come much earlier for the ball that led to the penalty.

"Then we get Arnaud harshly sent off. There are three things happened that dented us, but I didn't expect us to fold as we did.

"I'm embarrassed in all honesty. Even though we were down to 10 men, we still should have done much better than that."

Both sides hit the woodwork in an entertaining first half before Dikamona limped off after pulling up while trying to close down a cross.

Livingston exposed the visiting defense in the last 20 minutes of the game and the Hearts manager said it was "a real shocker".

"We made Livi look like PSG or something," he added.

"All I can say to the supporters is that's not like us and we understand it's not acceptable. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46575332

Scottish Football Results - 15th December 2018

Premier League

Kilmarnock 3-1 Dundee

St Johnstone 1-2 Motherwell

St Mirren 1-2 Aberdeen

Championship

Ayr United 3-3 Ross County

Falkirk 0-0 Morton 

Inverness CT 1-1 Dundee United 

Partick Thistle 2-2 Alloa Athletic

Queen of the South 0-0 Dunfermline Athletic