talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Match Chat - 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was out in town and saw a group of gers spraying "fuck the pope" on one of Glasgow's most recognisable landmarks. Amazing what kind of a state Scott Brown can drive our blue pals into. 

Not to mention the Kazakhstan flags getting waved in the away end.

Remarkable how people can show such a huge amount of loathing for themselves and where they come from. 

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Was out in town and saw a group of gers spraying "fuck the pope" on one of Glasgow's most recognisable landmarks. Amazing what kind of a state Scott Brown can drive our blue pals into. 

Not to mention the Kazakhstan flags getting waved in the away end.

Remarkable how people can show such a huge amount of loathing for themselves and where they come from. 

Eh? I thought Celtic fans hate Scotland just as much, being an imperialist oppressor of ireland and all that? Or are you buying the SNP stuff about it just being England? Glasgow is a city built on imperial exploitation.

13 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Eh? I thought Celtic fans hate Scotland just as much, being an imperialist oppressor of ireland and all that? Or are you buying the SNP stuff about it just being England? Glasgow is a city built on imperial exploitation.

No I'm extremely closely aware of Scotland's legacy in colonialism. And I'm not even a nationalist so I have no idea where the SNP part comes from. 

I'm just saying it seems odd to base an identity off of drawing absolute glee from everyone around you in your society being as miserable (culturally, socially, economically) as possible, out of loyalty to a ruling class 500 miles away who would look at you as a disgusting rabble. 

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

Going to give Hearts vs Hibs a watch. Godinho or Porteous considered decent?

Porteous gets a lot of press for someone who is prone to making a bad challenge often. Very raw.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Porteous gets a lot of press for someone who is prone to making a bad challenge often. Very raw.

How good is Bobby Burns? I see he's the youngest on the pitch.

Is Mulraney usually this good? I see a player too good for Scotland in him. It's just one game of course and I shouldn't generalize so easily, but he's quite good. Excellent off the ball runs and leads the team forward. His teammates clearly understand him.

Immediate response from Horgan. Big miscommunication at the back from Hearts. McNulty takes advantage of an open left flank and low crosses it into Horgan who has been Hibs' brightest player so far. 1-1.

Just now, CaaC - John said:

Just waiting for my son to arrive with the beers as he is a Jambo man, just texted him that the Hibees have just equalized, he is not a happy chappie lol.

Hibs haven't really done anything to be fair. That was their first proper chance all game.

I like the look of Mulraney on Hearts.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

Are Hearts fan really asking for a penalty against the most clear tackle I've ever seen? xD

Chris Sutton was saying it was as well on commentary. 

Don't blame the fans, they appeal for everything. But commentators should at least be able to see that.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Chris Sutton was saying it was as well on commentary. 

Don't blame the fans, they appeal for everything. But commentators should at least be able to see that.

maybe from difficult angles, but I saw it on the first go. I was never in doubt that the tackle was 100% clean.

Mulraney has disappeared since I praised him.

Fun half though. Route one football can be fun when there is tons of chances. I've certainly seen better of that in Scotland than the lower leagues of England.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived