football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Celtic lose at Hibernian. 

Great chance for Rangers to go top. 

If the Gers do end up on top of the pile and can keep winning and Celtic keep winning up to Saturday the 29 December that day will be an interesting one...Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox!!

Let's see what Gerrard is made of now and see if he can motivate his Rangers, Celtic still have the Europa on their minds so it will be a good chance for Rangers to burst the Hoops bubble of SPL Champions for the last 7 seasons. 

• Subscriber

Good luck to the young lad and I hope he goes far.  :congrats:

Celtic: Karamoko Dembele targets first-team after signing a full-time professional deal

1 hour ago | Celtic

_104937749_13731795.jpg

Karamoko Dembele, seen here playing for Scotland Under-16s, has also represented England at youth level

Karamoko Dembele has set his sights on the Celtic first-team after signing his first full-time professional contract at the age of 15.

The highly-rated midfielder joined Celtic at 10 years old in 2013 and made his Under-20s debut against Hearts in October 2016.

The deal ties him to the Scottish champions until at least 2021.

"It means a lot to me to start my professional career at Celtic," he told the official Celtic website.

"I came here at a young age and, after all the stuff me and family have been through together, it'll be good to make them proud.

"My goal is to play for the first team. As soon as I can, I'm going to try to get into the first team, 100%.

"In the reserves, every training session, every game - it's all to prove myself to the manager that I can play in the first team."

As a 13 year old, Dembele made his international debut in 2016 when he played for Scotland U16s in the Victory Shield.

However, a month later he featured in an England U15 side that beat Turkey 5-2 at St George's Park.

Dembele is also eligible to play for Ivory Coast and will not be tied to a national team until he makes a competitive senior appearance.

"Getting attention at a young age has been hard, but I've obviously had my family to help me through that," he added. "You need to be strong mentally, you need to stay grounded and you just need to get on with everything that you do on a daily basis.

"Seeing players come through the academy and into the first team gives you hope because you know they've taken the same path.

"That means you've got a chance to make it into the first team if you work hard and give it your all."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46672503

Can't stand Craig Gordon. Can't believe Izaguirre is playing for us when he was out of his depth here years ago. 

Doesnt cost much to get a decent goalie. Decent backup left backs are out there in their dozens that we could get for a couple of million. 

But for the want of a few million pounds of investment, we find ourselves battling to pull away from sides that really shouldn't be near the title. 

Rodgers must have been the only person in the stadium to not realise that they needed a striker on the field.

Max Lowe got injured on Saturday and it was a massive difference. He snuffed out Forrest in the Cup Final and his replacement Considine was at fault in the build up to the second and third goals.

It's expected by now, but seems like six fouls should be enough for a yellow card. But for one man, it isn't.

This weekend, from top to bottom of the SPFL, is 'Rivals Weekend'.

Not only the Old Firm and Edinburgh derbies, but from the Highland derbies, two Angus derbies to a Fife derby. (And Livingston Vs Aberdeen, because they are miles from anyone else...).

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Rab said:

Completely outplayed them for 90 minutes. Kent was unbelievable.

The pressure is on both Gerrard & Rogers now until they meet again at Celtic Park in March, just hope Gerrard can keep the Gers motivated and Morelos keeps playing the way he has been, never seen the game today, the Hoops have 3 games at home now on the trot so it will be interesting to see if they drop any points against Airdreonians, St Mirren & St Johnston.

Best midfielder at left-back. Diminiutive teenage winger left fighting for long balls out of defense. 

Absolute shit show, from recruitment down to the manager's reaction to our shortages in certain positions. 

It was only he changed it with Edouard coming on and us going into more of a diamond in midfield that we created our first real chances of the game, but to have equalised then would have been an enormous injustice in terms of the balance of the game. 

Edit: oh yeah, Gordon needs binned. Don't care how many saves he makes, he's 70% of why we were under the cosh for the first 60 minutes in the first place.

It's ridiculously easy to press us because everyone is absolutely terrified of giving the ball to him. He can't be trusted to take the ball and make a 15 yard pass unless the opposition are defending at the halfway line. 

All Rangers had to do was push up a little bit, then we'd punt it up the pitch, Mikey Johnston obviously had no chance, and then it was just wave after wave of pressure, 

• Subscriber

Hibernian: Easter Road club target fan after 'racist' abuse in Hearts defeat

35 minutes ago | Hibernian

Hibernian say they will do "everything" they can to identify a supporter who appeared to racially abuse Hearts' Clevid Dikamona during Saturday's Edinburgh derby at Easter Road.

Television pictures from the 1-0 Hearts win at Easter Road caught a home fan apparently shouting at the Frenchman.

Images of the incident have spread on social media, with Hibs describing it as "unacceptable".

Police Scotland say they are aware of the alleged incident.

"The club will do everything we can to identify the individual concerned and we will take the appropriate action. It's unacceptable," said a club spokesman.

The previous meeting between the sides was marred in controversy after Hibernian manager Neil Lennon was struck with a coin in a bad-tempered night at Tynecastle.

A man was later charged with assaulting an assistant referee, while a punch was aimed at Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal.

On the eve of Saturday's match, Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster and Hearts owner Ann Budge told BBC Scotland they believed they were "winning" in the battle against anti-social behavior.

"Despite what happened in the last game I do actually think we are winning," said Budge.

_104985524_dfasdfsd.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46712726

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Rangers' Scottish Cup tie at Cowdenbeath postponed

Rangers' Scottish Cup fourth-round tie away to Cowdenbeath has been postponed because of a frozen pitch.

It follows a 16:30 pitch inspection at Central Park and the match will now be played on Wednesday 30 January.

Tickets were sold out at the 4,300 capacity ground for the match due to be shown live on TV, with Steven Gerrard's Rangers playing the first game after the Premiership's winter break.

Cowdenbeath, fifth in League Two, had warmed up with two successive wins.

The Fife club on Wednesday thanked volunteers who turned at their stadium to help put protective covers over the playing surface.

These were removed ahead of the fixture earlier on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46926104

• The topic was unpinned

Archived