SPFL Match Chat - 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Craig Levein pulling no punches

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46981307

New Hearts striker David Vanecek was "rubbish" in his side's 2-1 Scottish Premiership defeat by Dundee, says manager Craig Levein.

The Czech forward, 27, arrived at the start of January, having initially agreed to sign last July.

He made his debut in Sunday's Scottish Cup win over Livingston, but was taken off after 34 minutes against Dundee.

"I might be a little bit annoyed that he didn't turn up in better shape," Levein said of the striker.

"I felt he just looked as if he wasn't at the races. He wasn't playing well. He'll need to do a hell of a lot of work to get himself to the fitness levels he needs."

Levein said Vanecek did not hold the ball up well enough and explained that he has not played since the Czech season shut down in November.

Vanecek scored seven goals in 16 games for FK Teplice in the first part of the campaign.

"He's had a break and he's joined us at our training camp looking like he's had a break," Levein said.

"Now I know where he is and I can only find out by playing him in matches. We can set about trying to get him fitter and hopefully it won't take him too long.

"I was hoping that he would have had more energy than he had but obviously he's not so we need to do some work on his fitness."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

This is FM stuff.

Rangers given 4 penalties today. Scored 3 and missed 1. Tavernier could have had a hat-trick of penalties.

Aye, he had a chance for the hat-trick but gave the ball to Defoe and let him take the penalty. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Aye, he had a chance for the hat-trick but gave the ball to Defoe and let him take the penalty. 

And that he missed one of the penalties too but scored another 2.

Knowing Morelos, it's easy to see why most would think it would be a red for him. Although, if you take a close look at the replay it looks like McKenna's left foot raises Morelos' leg.

Could be just me though.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Astonishing. Do they have retrospective action for that in Scotland?

Yeah, but even then it's very inconsistent.

Steve Clarke isn't pleased.

Jordan Jones was banned not long ago, but Jermaine Deforestation dived at the weekend and has escaped punishment for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At Morton v. Falkirk tonight. Proper old school ground and a decent game with Morton looking very good going forward, had a superb solo effort to go in front, then conceded a cheap equaliser, for which Falkirk's fans stormed down the terrace and staged a mini pitch invasion. Can confirm the referee is awful, little command and has waived on some very dubious tussles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@ScoRoss @Inverted     xD

Aberdeen's Shay Logan forced to dress as Celtic's Scott Brown

1438225654_download(3).thumb.png.9ffd2547ea15d64b1d40bd5ba25fccb6.png

We've all seen someone on their stag do forced to dress up as Little Bo-Peep or in a big baby's nappy, then paraded around in public in their embarrassing attire.

Aberdeen defender Shay Logan's friends were equally unforgiving, but a little bit more inventive - they made him dress up as Celtic captain Scott Brown.

The Pittodrie full-back wore a full Celtic strip, complete with Brown's name and number on the back of his shirt.

Logan, 31, did not appear exactly thrilled by the idea - given he has had a number of run-ins with Brown and fans of the Parkhead club - saying "the boys have killed me" and "stag do or not, I'm still a Don".

653926049_download(6).png.d6109b0e6ba2d41df140f3ef403431ff.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47639846

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived