talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many games will you actually get to see??

Just out of curiosity... 

Given the broad range of supporters on here all in different parts of the world and given that some are working some maybe not and for different reasons I am wondering just how many games we actually get to watch... Given the World wide appeal that this competition brings I want to know how many are glued to their TV's or listening in on the radio etc... I am on 12 days holiday currently but the fact it has fallen into line with the start of the World Cup is coincidental and not planned as it was due to the arrival of the new playshed.. 

Russia 5-0 Saudi Arabia - Missed due to working on the garden project!

I will update accordingly... 

Just wondering how many of you could/could not get to see games and how/why that did or did not happen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I work from home so I hope I'll get to see a lot of it!

Although missing Spain vs Portugal tonight as I'm out. Hoping to catch at least 75% of the games though. 

• Subscriber

All of them!!! Watching it at my dad's, bought a few crates of beer yesterday, it's been our tradition for the last 16 years, love it ^_^ we have our own prediction game running too, the one who loses buys whisky for the final :D

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

On holiday at the moment but it will catch as many as I can. Saw Russia yesterday, missing Egypt but should catch Iran and definitely Portugal tonight.

you're not missing much in this game tbh!

• Subscriber

I'll be watching all the games considering I work from home and most of the games are late in the night here. Starts around 5:30PM and then the last game is around 11:30PM so not too shabby.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I'll be watching all the games considering I work from home and most of the games are late in the night here. Starts around 5:30PM and then the last game is around 11:30PM so not too shabby.

That's basically prefect imo.

Only time that happened for me SaaS korea japan WC

Russia 5-0 Saudi Arabia - Missed due to working on the garden project!

Egypt 0-1 Uruguay - Caught the last 30 minutes while grabbing a bite to eat, just enough time to see the only goal!

Cant see either of these sides making much progress on what I have just seen... 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

All of them!!! Watching it at my dad's, bought a few crates of beer yesterday, it's been our tradition for the last 16 years, love it ^_^ we have our own prediction game running too, the one who loses buys whisky for the final :D

How great is that!! 

Russia - KSA - All 90

Uruguay - Egypt - All 90

Morocco - Iran - All 90

Spain - Portugal - 75 minutes. Missed 30-45' due to getting home from college.

I'll only miss the ones that will be on at obscene times for me - like the France-Australia match. I don't mind getting up at 5AM to watch the World Cup (as I did with Egypt-Uruguay)... but I'm not getting up at 3AM unless England's playing. I should get a DVR or something but I don't want to pay money for that as a monthly service from the TV companies because I feel like that should be fucking included now that VHS players aren't a thing.

Russia 5-0 Saudi Arabia - Missed due to working on the garden project!

Egypt 0-1 Uruguay - Caught the last 30 minutes while grabbing a bite to eat, just enough time to see the only goal!

Morroco 0-1 Iran - Pretty much saw most of this give or take 5 or 10 minutes... 

Portugal 3-3 Spain - Saw the second half in full, Planned to watch the whole thing but with bits to finish outside time just slipped away from me

Seen everybody god damn awful minute till Portugal/Spain, then got dragged out at 6:30pm by the Mrs to attend a family fun evening. Bastard. Managed to catch most of the game on mobile though. Will watch every game today but miss the first three on Sunday as the youngest is getting christened.

• Subscriber

Will manage to see most of the weekend games and most of the 4pm and 7pm weekday games. Lucky to have a job where I finish at 3:25 when the likes of the World Cup and Wimbledon are on. Egypt v Uruguay is the only game I've fully missed.

• Subscriber
On 6/16/2018 at 05:56, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll only miss the ones that will be on at obscene times for me - like the France-Australia match. I don't mind getting up at 5AM to watch the World Cup (as I did with Egypt-Uruguay)... but I'm not getting up at 3AM unless England's playing. I should get a DVR or something but I don't want to pay money for that as a monthly service from the TV companies because I feel like that should be fucking included now that VHS players aren't a thing.

I'm surprised you have to pay for that as a service. I got a DTH box that came with a HD-R feature so I can just plug a pen-drive in and record games or just use the internal HDD if I can't watch them. Quite useful when I think I need to sleep versus watching the games (hasn't happened just yet).

Archived