talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saudia Arabia FA to Punish Players for Loss to Russia

None of the sources are that great, so I'm not sure if it's true or not. The best one I found was RT.com... but I'm not going to click on that or link it to here. So instead, you'll get a link to the famed news organisation 18 Karat Reggae:

https://www.18karatreggae.com/2018/06/15/saudi-arabias-players-might-face-punishment-for-their-disgraceful-loss-to-russia/

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe it, to be honest. 

The saudi also announced they´ll seek legal action against beIn for "unfair criticism" directed to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the defeat against Russia. xD Such crybabies. A bunch of spoiled princes who are used to people saying "yes, sir" don´t know what to do when confronted to the real world. 

I remember that in 1998 they fired their coach during the competition. If they took another beating, I can definitely see Pizzi being fired after the second game.

Saudi Arabia’s head of sport has claimed the kingdom will take legal action against beIN Sports for one-sided commentary during the 5-0 defeat against Russia.

Turki al-Sheikh, the chairman of the Saudi General Sports Authority, said the Qatar-based broadcaster, which is blocked in Saudi Arabia, had been biased against his country.

He said on his official Twitter account: “Necessary legal action will be taken in relation to BeIN wrongdoings against K.S.A, its sports & officials, and for exploiting sports to achieve political goals. This proves Saudi authorities’ true stance when banning this network from airing on its soil.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/saudi-arabia-to-take-legal-action-over-biased-coverage-jk5d0wkfz

Just now, El Profesor said:

I do believe it, to be honest. 

The saudi also announced they´ll seek legal action against beIn for "unfair criticism" directed to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the defeat against Russia. xD Such crybabies. A bunch of spoiled princes who are used to people saying "yes, sir" don´t know what to do when confronted to the real world. 

I remember that in 1998 they fired their coach during the competition. If they took another beating, I can definitely see Pizzi being fired after the second game.

It's hilarious because BeIN has the rights to the entire world cup for Middle East TV (I think), but KSA I think has banned Al Jazeera and BeIN because of their disputes with Qatar. So the workaround the KSA has come up with is to have one of their state run channels just pirate BeIN.

So essentially, they're stealing from BeIN - while also threatening legal action because that match had one sided commentary. xD

You know what else was one sided? The match. KSA were shiiiite.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's hilarious because BeIN has the rights to the entire world cup for Middle East TV (I think), but KSA I think has banned Al Jazeera and BeIN because of their disputes with Qatar. So the workaround the KSA has come up with is to have one of their state run channels just pirate BeIN.

So essentially, they're stealing from BeIN - while also threatening legal action because that match had one sided commentary. xD

You know what else was one sided? The match. KSA were shiiiite.

Yes, I read that story on NYT. Crazy stuff. And they even had the nerve to name it beoutQ. xD

For those who haven´t read it, here is the link. It´s a great piece of journalism: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/sports/bein-sports-qatar-beoutq.html

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I can definitely see Pizzi being fired after the second game.

As long as it's only being fired with that horrible bunch of people, he can count himself lucky and throw a party.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Pizzi being sacked would be a fantastic viewing. Absolute fraud of a manager.

The comments from the head of the Saudi FA indicate they think he's doing a fine job. They're blaming the players individually.

I think it's mental from the Saudi FA. They've taken an entirely domestic squad... so players that only play in Saudi Arabia. It's not exactly a footballing nation... the Saudi league is total dogshite. The arrogance to believe they'd be able to compete with this squad that's... not a competitive squad... is a bit ridiculous. Like I know Russia aren't great or anything - but they've got players playing at a much higher standard than the Saudi league; it's ridiculous to expect that this XI of players used to a low standard of football can go toe to toe with them. Clearly the Saudi FA believes they can... and maybe that's why Pizzi went all out attack. But it's fucking stupid to believe in something that's obviously not true.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The comments from the head of the Saudi FA indicate they think he's doing a fine job. They're blaming the players individually.

I think it's mental from the Saudi FA. They've taken an entirely domestic squad... so players that only play in Saudi Arabia. It's not exactly a footballing nation... the Saudi league is total dogshite. The arrogance to believe they'd be able to compete with this squad that's... not a competitive squad... is a bit ridiculous. Like I know Russia aren't great or anything - but they've got players playing at a much higher standard than the Saudi league; it's ridiculous to expect that this XI of players used to a low standard of football can go toe to toe with them. Clearly the Saudi FA believes they can... and maybe that's why Pizzi went all out attack. But it's fucking stupid to believe in something that's obviously not true.

Pizzi in general is an awful manager. He got sacked from Colon Santa Fe and got eliminated with Chile from World Cup contention. The only reason he got hired is because of profile. it's not all because he did terribly yesterday.

Archived