talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nights Out & Weekend Plans

football forum

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Incase you were wondering, and this is from a guy that thought Lee Mack was brilliant in person, Joe Wilkinson live was fucking shite.

Joe Wilkinson never struck me as the stand-up kind of guy. More the kind to be a cameo, short outbursts of humour type. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Storts said:

Hahah sounds like a great day

literally a few mins after a I sent that post it got very busy with a hen do of 20-somethings and some very pretentious folk chomping at the bit around them xD . 

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping for a weekend on Bondi Beach but it's gunna be rainy so might give Icebergs a go and get some swimming in.

I spent last weekend in a cramped bar wishing abortions on people so hopefully won't return there.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm off to meet Simon and watch Sydney FC vs Melbourne City FC, first taste of A League

if Melbourne score, go batshit crazy in his face please. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wide awake and browsing at 4am ffs. My birthday today and me and Mrs have plans all day Saturday. But I did something with the lads on the Friday. "I'll be okay for our plans Saturday"

Started drinking with my dinner about 11 at the pub. After 13 hours of drinking I made the sensible decision to start drinking loads of water so I'm okay to go out with the Mrs tomorrow. (With very little sleep no doubt)

Only problem is now.... I'm pissing not sleeping. 

Have a good weekend lads and lasses. 

Still pissed.... :dam:

• Administrator

went out last night and ended up in a silent disco (which was quality) and drinking snakebites. Last time I had a snakebite must have been around uni time about 5 years ago xD 

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Wide awake and browsing at 4am ffs. My birthday today and me and Mrs have plans all day Saturday. But I did something with the lads on the Friday. "I'll be okay for our plans Saturday"

Started drinking with my dinner about 11 at the pub. After 13 hours of drinking I made the sensible decision to start drinking loads of water so I'm okay to go out with the Mrs tomorrow. (With very little sleep no doubt)

Only problem is now.... I'm pissing not sleeping. 

Have a good weekend lads and lasses. 

Still pissed.... :dam:

have a good birthday mate. one thing, you should have carried on drinking and cut the water :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

not a night out as such but next weekend's plans involve going to Cotswolds on Friday evening and spending the weekend there with family.

Anyone ever been? Any recommendations for pub lunches on the Sunday?

Friday Night - Worked till 6am Saturday morning. Poor start.

Saturday Night - Chilled after night shift then went bowling with my missus and two other couples. No swinging involved.

Sunday - Complete lazy day with the missus which involved watching Leeds win, eating Chinese and banging. Great day upon reflection.

Thursday: Finshed work and flew to Melbourne.

Friday: Went to the MCG, had a night out in Chapel Street (one of Melbournes main nights out) including a place called Boston Sub, had a beef and something sub with a beer and then you go through what looks like a freezer door into a hidden bar.

Saturday: Spent the day in Fitzroy (closest comparison is an Aussie Camden) mostly just drinking and eating at diff bars and restaurant. There was a Brazilian carnival nearby too. Later on had some drinks by the riverside and on a rooftop bar. Was a bit late out as got caught watching Jurassic Park 3 🙈

Sunday: Had a walk round the city, 30 degree day. Walked through the botanic gardens and to the Victorian Shrine of Remebrance which was nice, Remembrance Day doesn't seem that big over here so it was nice to see. Later went out to an Aussie/Vietnamese place that done some cracking beef and veg, the bowl it was served on came out on fire.

Monday: Last walk round the city before flying home tonight, fair to say I'm sad to leave Melbourne and wish I could do a 6 months- a year living here.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Over 30s, do you make excuses now, not to go out? Am 40 and I been doing this for the last 5 years.

I just go out when I want to :what: not that often anymore but I still need a proper fun night out every once in a while :D

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I just go out when I want to :what: not that often anymore but I still need a proper fun night out every once in a while :D

A night out or just a social occasion can refresh you. 

Archived