talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Conte Blocks Chelsea Neymar Deal

Chelsea have apparently agreed a £155.5 million mega deal to sign Barcelona star Neymar but Antonio Conte has blocked the transfer, according to Tuttosport via Tuttomercatoweb.

I love the Italian press, they remind me of the English 10 years ago writing any old shit. :ph34r:

But that aside, entertain the idea that it could be true if you will. Pleased? Disappointed? What would Neymar be like in the Premier League and at a zombie club like Chelsea?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't know much about how Conte would react to that but I'd imagine he says no and management listen because he's just proven that he can win a league title and if he gets the setup he wants for next season theres no reason to get a player like Neymar aboard.

Also, its probably all nonsense being reported as stated above.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Chelsea fans deflecting to avoid the pain of missing out on Neymar :ph34r:

If it wasn't for Pele we would of already had him by now. Most likely would of turned into another Shaun Wright Phillips under Mourinho. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Price well out of proportion to his talent. He's Barcelona's 3rd best player at a push. 

Sounds to me you haven't seen much of Barcelona. He hasn't gotten on the scoresheet as much as Messi or Suarez but he's shown more consistency and better technical ability this season.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Sounds to me you haven't seen much of Barcelona. He hasn't gotten on the scoresheet as much as Messi or Suarez but he's shown more consistency and better technical ability this season.

He's not as good as Suarez and Messi in my opinion. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

He's not as good as Suarez and Messi in my opinion. 

I can respect that but I think its harsh to say he's Barcelona's 3rd best player "at a push" when he's probably been their best this season.

Neymar has been Barcelona's best player this season where consistency is concerned and funnily enough so far it's been his worst scoring season.

On this story...  It's ridiculous!  He's going nowhere because he's signed a  new deal and keeps on going on about how happy he is there and with the other two.

I know where it's come from and that's an interview he held a week ago where he answered questions referring to the Premier League and the interviewer asked him if he would even contemplate playing in England and he said yes.

From that to this like the Donnarumma stuff.

33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Price well out of proportion to his talent. He's Barcelona's 3rd best player at a push. 

This report is obviously false but looking at the money going around these days, the value is not out of proportion at all for me.

He might be the 3rd best, but he's also their biggest prospect. He's Barça's future whereas the two others are the present and short-term future, which is why they won't sell him anytime soon, if ever.

Neymar is one of the few young promises who has lived up to expectations and responded excellently despite being under heavy media pressure when he first came to Europe, and even before that. Not the "next Pele", but he has lived up to the hype.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I used to think the same but I've changed my opinion, I think he's a much better player than Suárez. Neymar is a generational talent, it's hard to find such a complete footballer. Sometimes it gets lost because he plays around all-time greats like Messi and Iniesta and also because he's a winger at Barcelona, but the guy can do almost everything he wants with a ball. The ammount of chances he creates is insane. The main problem with him is his focus and attitude, Neymar is very immature and spoiled, but he's also a supremely gifted player.

Archived