talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 2 - 19/20 June - Russia 3-0 Egypt, Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia

football forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i were the uruguay manager, i'll do a Sir Alex-Boot to them players.   after that goal they have bogged down, not looking for another .... the goats still have a chance to at least draw if the south americans continue to play like that ...

14 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Britian allowed women to vote in 1918 considering they are a much older country. 

What you are saying is give it 100 years and obese women will be walking around Riyadh with their arse cheeks hanging out of the bottom of their short shorts?

59 minutes ago, Eco said:

Who would have thought after 35 minutes that KSA would be leading in possession? 

I did. Uruguay rarely ever lead in possession. Very much a hoof ball side.

15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

What you are saying is give it 100 years and obese women will be walking around Riyadh with their arse cheeks hanging out of the bottom of their short shorts?

c'mon man ...............no !!!    let them be covered for all eternity.    i've  seen fatso women here that's walking swaying like a punch-me-doll  or a metronome.

the game is a dozer .............zzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

1 minute ago, Blue said:

They had 58% against Egypt, and 50% or more in their 3 previous friendlies vs Uzbekistan(51%), Wales (50%), and Czech (53%). In fact, the last time Uruguay fell below the 50% mark was in a November 14, 2017 friendly loss to Austria, in which they had 45%. 

• Administrator

i'm actually so nervous as need Uruguay to win for my Last Man Standing pick xD 

Uruguay have been the most boring team so far even if they have won games. 

Just now, Eco said:

They had 58% against Egypt, and 50% or more in their 3 previous friendlies vs Uzbekistan(51%), Wales (50%), and Czech (53%). In fact, the last time Uruguay fell below the 50% mark was in a November 14, 2017 friendly loss to Austria, in which they had 45%. 

Well here in South America they are known as a dull side that doesn't have very much possession. Having more than Egypt and Uzbekistan is nothing to brag about nor the Czechs.

They are more often than not an effective team that wins their set pieces, and given how possession based Pizzi is, it's no real surprise.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just now, Eco said:

And another corker from the Football analyst, chairman and journalist. ECO GOAT

:bartrapique:

Just now, Marc said:

And another corker from the Football analyst, chairman and journalist. ECO GOAT

:bartrapique:

Dear god just bore off.

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Uruguay are the equivalent of West Brom on the entertainment scale 

equivalent of Atletico Madrid in getting the job done with very little style but 100% efficiency

This is how Uruguay played in the entire qualifiers. Hardly shocking. I thought it would be one or two more due to the height advantage + long ball combination but it's like I said during the qualifiers - anyone who can sort set pieces defensively will show this Uruguay team up. Mexico figured it out in the Copa America.

I was watching this via the background. I was at a reunion during this game at a breakfast place and they had the game on, so I can't do a conclusive analysis on it. Judging from what I'm reading and the bits I saw, it's Uruguay from qualifying. Incredibly boring but with effectiveness.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

is it just me or are these games getting more boring by the minute. All these supposed 'good' teams are not showing up.

Uruguay won't show up. They live and die by this style. It's true Tabarez doesn't play the same style he used too, but this is the Uruguayan school of football.

• The title was changed to Group A Matchday 2 - 19/20 June - Russia 3-0 Egypt, Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived