• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Australia win would be ideal.

I'm not expecting to get much out of the France game. Can we win it? Absolutely. We have the level to do it, but I'm keeping my expectations low because us beating a world class team isn't the norm. They still have better players and experience between the 2 is about the same.

Get a point and I'll be satisfied. Maybe a bit bitter as it would essentially seal our elimination, but with 4 points it will show we put in a fight in what is a tough group.

The Danish heritage running through my veins says that the collection of ethnic-minorities playing for Australia are going walkabout all over Cueva's dead body; 34 years waiting  for the second worst penalty of all time after Zaza's during the Euros.

It is okay if the Danes beat Australia for am I related to dead people that were Danish during life. I am claiming cultural significance just like the American that calls themselves Italian despite not speaking Italian, having visited Italy, or knowing where it is on the mao; and being surprised it isn't just north if Staten Island.

Renato Tapia out for the France game with a concussion

I'm not to worried as I rate Pedro Aquino almost as much, its a position in which we have good depth. I'm gutted though as this probably kills his chance to go to a bigger team.

I think Australia may fancy their chances of getting out the group. Still think it will be France and Denmark though 

23 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

France 3-1 Denmark 3-0. Group over go home peasants

Four goals in a match!? Have you watched this tournamet. We'll be lucky for two goals over both matches.

So we're going to line up with this

Gallese

Advincula - Rodriguez - Ramos - Trauco

Yotun - Aquino

Polo - Cueva - Flores

Guerrero

I think all things considered its a good lineup, but Polo is a real weakness on that right side because he's such a donkey in attack. I look forward to all those back passes tomorrow (sarcasm).

Guerrero HAS to start, we are a different side with him. Farfan is good but we really have some height credibility with Paolo in the team and better hold up play.

Tapia and Carrillo both out with injury.

I'd take a draw. Denmark are a very accomplished side. If we can defend like we did v France then I will have more confidence of getting three points. However, I really don't think we offer enough of a threat going forward. Regardless, am looking forward to this very much but again I am nervous! 

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

I'd take a draw. Denmark are a very accomplished side. If we can defend like we did v France then I will have more confidence of getting three points. However, I really don't think we offer enough of a threat going forward. Regardless, am looking forward to this very much but again I am nervous! 

If Kruse starts, I agree but I'd like to think there is an outside chance of Arzani from the get-go. I doubt it but hopefully Van Marcjwick realizes Kruse is pointless these days.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

If Kruse starts, I agree but I'd like to think there is an outside chance of Arzani from the get-go. I doubt it but hopefully Van Marcjwick realizes Kruse is pointless these days.

I want Luongo to start instead of Rogic!

Also, I wish Bert would be our coach post World Cup :( 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

@Blue settling down for this one.......

0C5DA2CC-01CF-4CD7-B147-207D837DA8E4.jpeg

I'm not expecting to win to be honest, we can if we really wanted too, but France have too many quality players and its going to be tough. Like I said, if a few of our players move to bigger clubs, I'll be satisfied. That's our main aim in this tournament. Trauco in particular needs to impress, as he's being linked to several French clubs.

I do think we'll play a good game, of that I have no doubt, its just winning that concerns me. I'm not sure if we have it in us.

Just now, Cannabis said:

France having a poor first game will do you no favours, they'll be out to prove a point. 

I suppose a defeat would send you out?

If Australia drop points, then yes a defeat sends us out. I'm kind of prepared for it too. 

My main worry is Giroud starting for France. I'd rather have Griezmann and Mbappe play up front running around like headless chickens than Giroud who will actually add brains to the game, and from the looks of things he will start.

Well, I'm sure they really do want to, so they could win? I mean anyone could win a game? I hope you take something off of France though.

Not convinced our line up will be enough going forward to score enough tonight. 

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived