talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt a lot of sympathy for @Toinho @Devil-Dick Willie @Spike and @Blue after the first group games. If England had lost in that manner to a more established nation I would have been annoyed. However the hope those performances must have given you all going in to the second round of fixtures would have been some form of reassurance.

France did not impress me at all against Australia until Olivier Giroud came on. He has been Neil Shipperley-esque in the way he's been able to link all these individuals together. Whilst they've not been as convincing as you'd expect from a power nation, I think they deserve a lot of credit for the way they kept chances limited when a goal up in both games.

As for Denmark, Kasper was the Goalkeeper of the first round of fixtures. Really unfortunate for Peru that they went up against a Goalkeeper who looks desperate to get a move away from the King Power Stadium @Dan @Stan. Against Australia I thought we saw the same outfield frailties as we did in the first game. Like so many of the middle-to-lower tier nations however, Australia are missing a clinical striker that could take them to the quarter finals given the team unity and performances they've displayed. So Denmark remain undefeated.

It goes without saying I would like Australia to advance through given the way they have played. Mile Jedinak has been every bit as beautiful as he was for us. However; the way this forum is set I can see Peru drawing with them through a VAR decision.

Really gutted for Peru that they have nothing to play for. With the support they've shown in Russia, the excitement that has gripped the whole nation, and all this palava around panini stickers, the World Cup would have been even more special if they had a great tournament. But with Tapia emerging as a leader for a future generation, providing they don't roll over against Australia this tournament can still class this tournamebt as a progressive step.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I felt a lot of sympathy for @Toinho @Devil-Dick Willie @Spike and @Blue after the first group games. If England had lost in that manner to a more established nation I would have been annoyed. However the hope those performances must have given you all going in to the second round of fixtures would have been some form of reassurance.

France did not impress me at all against Australia until Olivier Giroud came on. He has been Neil Shipperley-esque in the way he's been able to link all these individuals together. Whilst they've not been as convincing as you'd expect from a power nation, I think they deserve a lot of credit for the way they kept chances limited when a goal up in both games.

As for Denmark, Kasper was the Goalkeeper of the first round of fixtures. Really unfortunate for Peru that they went up against a Goalkeeper who looks desperate to get a move away from the King Power Stadium @Dan @Stan. Against Australia I thought we saw the same outfield frailties as we did in the first game. Like so many of the middle-to-lower tier nations however, Australia are missing a clinical striker that could take them to the quarter finals given the team unity and performances they've displayed. So Denmark remain undefeated.

It goes without saying I would like Australia to advance through given the way they have played. Mile Jedinak has been every bit as beautiful as he was for us. However; the way this forum is set I can see Peru drawing with them through a VAR decision.

Really gutted for Peru that they have nothing to play for. With the support they've shown in Russia, the excitement that has gripped the whole nation, and all this palava around panini stickers, the World Cup would have been even more special if they had a great tournament. But with Tapia emerging as a leader for a future generation, providing they don't roll over against Australia this tournament can still class this tournamebt as a progressive step.

Nice one mate. Only wrong thing was a tag for the free loading non Aussie citizen Devil Dickhead. ;) 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

glad Kasper got some recognition as well as I didn't see much of it around here (or elsewhere on social media etc). 

He's a cunt. Such a horrid display of sportsmanship when Mile was taking his penalty. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

xDxD 

I know you've got your Leicester glasses on because you're from London, but his shouting and "sledging" was pretty pathetic and unsportsmanlike. Surely even you could agree with that? 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I know you've got your Leicester glasses on because you're from London, but his shouting and "sledging" was pretty pathetic and unsportsmanlike. Surely even you could agree with that? 

is it any different to what other keepers do? Not saying it's right, but is it different to other keepers delaying kicks by standing near the penalty spot while the referee sorts other shit out, or keepers having a quiet word trying to get in the heads of the penalty-taker. 

Schmeichel was just a bit more vocal about it. 

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have batted an eyelid if it wasn't against Jedinak/Australia he was doing it against. Maybe I'm wrong there and so be it. 

Also, I'm not from London. Don't you dare insult me again like that.

• Subscriber

I agree regarding Schmeichel. He's had a very good tournament so far. Not happy with the number of our fans who've written him off after a poor season last year. He'll be back.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

All that shouting and sledging is pretty wasted on somebody like Mile Jedinak. You could drop him in a city under fire and he wouldn't show any signs of nerves.

Jedi is also a tough bastard. There is a reason he is our skipper <3 Love his interviews always sounds like a regular Aussie.

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

All that shouting and sledging is pretty wasted on somebody like Mile Jedinak. You could drop him in a city under fire and he wouldn't show any signs of nerves.

A God amongst men.

27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If I were a professional footballer I wouldn't ask for his shirt after the game, I'd want his beard :x.

Underpants too and attach the beard with wood glue to his underpants and wear them. O.o

Archived