• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how shitty France would be if their players with dual eligibilty played for the other choice. I think out of them all only Griezmann, Giroid, Pavard, Lloris would remain. 

How much is it going to hurt you have cheer for France so that the Aussie progress? 

EDIT: Assuming France wins this game of course. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Hence why Benzema isn't there. There's a lot of that or at least that's what they allude to in France.

I wonder how many of them have a lingering resentment for France for the very recent colonial history. Even so I recall Rabiot is descended from Piednoir families so I can imagine a little resentment as well. 

Maybe I think too much into it but I often wonder why Algerians in particular want to be a part of France. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

How much is it going to hurt you have cheer for France so that the Aussie progress? 

EDIT: Assuming France wins this game of course. 

It doesn't.  I don't hate France.

• Administrator
Just now, bozziovai said:

oh !!  i never thought that the coach of Peru is Alice Cooper ....................

Iggy Pop mate.

• Administrator

I think it's a bit shit that Peru don't qualify. Yes they've lost both games but they are very entertaining to watch as a team. Wonder if we'll see them in 2020. Don't know how old their team is so not sure if we'll see the same intensity in a few years time.

Will Gareca even be there?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Iggy Pop mate.

pardon for the corny jokes.     actually i'm rooting for Peru to at least get a draw.   tsk, too bad they're going out, at least they gave us some high octane game with this one ....

• Administrator

Peru can be proud of their performance here, in this game and in Russia as a whole so far. Their fans have been superb making the most noise other than the host nation. They've played some good football and deserve more than just their 0 points so far. 

Wonder if they'll have the urgency and desire to go out on a high against Australia (and stop them qualifying in the process)

I just wanted to thank all of the players and Ricardo Gareca for making the dream true, for getting us to this stage and fighting til the very last minute. We were plauged with bad luck, but at least you could see the passion in each of the players that they wanted to perform. I'm not having that we weren't good enough - we were more than that. Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Ricardo Gareca managed to transform a hopeless football nation into one that plays tremendous football and a group of players so united unlike what I've ever seen. The likes of Flores, Cueva and Trauco seemed to have no direction until this man stepped in and showed his faith. Hopefully we return in 2022 and turn this into a golden generation.

Thank you to everyone involved in this run. I hope we return for the Copa America and hopefully go out to win it. First group stage exit for Peru since 1995.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how shitty France would be if their players with dual eligibilty played for the other choice. I think out of them all only Griezmann, Giroid, Pavard, Lloris would remain. 

Not even Griezmann, he could´ve played for Portugal, if I´m not wrong. 

But I think the issue of national identity is more with the players of algerian descent. Which is kind of ironic, considering Algeria was the only north african colony to receive the status of department. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it's a bit shit that Peru don't qualify. Yes they've lost both games but they are very entertaining to watch as a team. Wonder if we'll see them in 2020. Don't know how old their team is so not sure if we'll see the same intensity in a few years time.

Will Gareca even be there?

I doubt it - but he's left us a generation when there was no direction in our football.

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived