Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

Ricardo Gareca at Peru

- First ever win in Asuncion

- First away win in 12 years

- First win over Brazil in 40 years

- Unbeaten vs Argentina

- Turned a nation which was headed to no-mans land into a proper team

- Took us to the world cup for the first time in 36 years and impressed everyone despite the results

- Finished 3rd in the Copa America

I can't complain with that when you look at the grand scheme of things. He's done an extraodinary job.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully France get knocked out soon. Bunch of frauds that looked like Bolivia today with their time wasting. There are about 4 world class players on this team and the rest are good. Golden generation my ass. Normal generation for France.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hopefully France get knocked out soon. Bunch of frauds that looked like Bolivia today with their time wasting. There are about 4 world class players on this team and the rest are good. Golden generation my ass. Normal generation for France.

Alright - Fuck off you.. I take back everything good I've ever said of you. B|

Just now, Eco said:

Alright - Fuck off you.. I take back everything good I've ever said of you. B|

Haha - sorry I accepted the unlucky loss vs Denmark, but I didn't expect such a good side to be as big as shithouses as they were. 

Kante was on another level. I struggle to believe there is a better DM in the world than him.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Haha - sorry I accepted the unlucky loss vs Denmark, but I didn't expect such a good side to be as big as shithouses as they were. 

Kante was on another level. I struggle to believe there is a better DM in the world than him.

He's not a DM. Merely a centre mid that has the best ball winning attribute in the game. 

Just now, Cicero said:

He's not a DM. Merely a centre mid that has the best ball winning attribute in the game. 

I know - I meant that as in he's defensive minded. I can't believe there was once a comparison between him and Pogba. Different players and Kante is clearly more pivotal to his teams.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:bartrapique:

Won't be another 36 years but don't expect them to be back next WC. Uruguay, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, and Argentina are the elite nation's. Thank God they allowed the cokehead to play? Digame Las putas excusas mamarracho 😂

My only excuse is that you won't be back on the forum for another 36 years if you continue spouting bullshit. Either a ban or if you leave again after a meltdown.

50 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how many of them have a lingering resentment for France for the very recent colonial history. Even so I recall Rabiot is descended from Piednoir families so I can imagine a little resentment as well. 

Maybe I think too much into it but I often wonder why Algerians in particular want to be a part of France. 

It’s a curious sibject and one that is serious which means that conversing about it on a football thread doesn’t give it the seriousness it requires.

The French are hated by practically every Algerian. They were second class citizens in their own country while the French reigned there. But yet because of the will to go to Europe like many Africans, they go to the place they resent. Much like Moroccans with Spain.

The Piednoir is a sensitive one because it’s mixed there. During the Algerian revolt some Piednoir defected and fought for the Algerians or so that’s what I’ve been told by some of them.

But I would say thay a high percentage of players that have put on the French colours over the years from colonial origins haven’t felt the colours like you would expect. 

Sorry but I'm going to be brutal here. Peru are all huff and puff and no cigar. Bit like Morocco were against Portugal. Couldn't fault the effort first half, high energy and tempo but they disastrously tailed off second half.

When you look back over the game, they only really had two opportunities. It wasn't enough.

I'm sure I'm not alone here but was anyone else sat there watching and thinking with 20mins to go, they were going out and there was just no urgency or anything from them. It was like they didn't realise they had 20mins to save their skin. It all just petered out into a damp squib.

Poor way to go out the World Cup when you've fought tooth and nail to get there. Such a waste IMO and nothing heroic about it in my eyes. Obviously massive shame for their huge support but the team just do not have quality/cutting edge. 

As for France, they are playing winning football. Sadly, winning football is not the most attractive on the eye but they are through and that's all they will care about.

Just now, Lucas said:

Sorry but I'm going to be brutal here. Peru are all huff and puff and no cigar. Bit like Morocco were against Portugal. Couldn't fault the effort first half, high energy and tempo but they disastrously tailed off second half.

When you look back over the game, they only really had two opportunities. It wasn't enough.

I'm sure I'm not alone here but was anyone else sat there watching and thinking with 20mins to go, they were going out and there was just no urgency or anything from them. It was like they didn't realise they had 20mins to save their skin. It all just petered out into a damp squib.

Poor way to go out the World Cup when you've fought tooth and nail to get there. Such a waste IMO.

As for France, they are playing winning football. Sadly, winning football is not the most attractive on the eye but they are through and that's all they will care about.

We aren't always like that, and to be fair we were a bit unlucky. I have no excuse against Denmark, but I'm a bit annoyed at how the France game turned out. We got an unlucky goal and they just sat back - something we're often not good at is breaking down teams. No point in thinking of what ifs. We're out and we didn't do the required against the Danes. However, I think you are being somewhat harsh as the talent is there, they were just in awe of the situation.

Its become a popular South American meme to make fun of Peru's desire to play in a World Cup just like Chile without any trophies was a meme for the longest time.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Poor way to go out the World Cup when you've fought tooth and nail to get there. Such a waste IMO and nothing heroic about it in my eyes. Obviously massive shame for their huge support but the team just do not have quality/cutting edge. 

The rest of the post is fine, but this is utter bollocks. Especially the bit in bold. Our football was going to no-mans land and Gareca essentially started a new generation. By march of 2016, we were eliminated from World Cup qualifying and we just played in it against France earlier.

To say there is nothing heroic about it is from a misinformed individual. 

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

We aren't always like that, and to be fair we were a bit unlucky. I have no excuse against Denmark, but I'm a bit annoyed at how the France game turned out. We got an unlucky goal and they just sat back - something we're often not good at is breaking down teams. No point in thinking of what ifs. We're out and we didn't do the required against the Danes. However, I think you are being somewhat harsh as the talent is there, they were just in awe of the situation.

Its become a popular South American meme to make fun of Peru's desire to play in a World Cup just like Chile without any trophies was a meme for the longest time.

I can only judge on what I see I'm afraid. I just felt with your team you could play till midnight and not score. I was very disappointed to tell you the truth because I fancied you to ruffle France a bit if you really went at them like Mexico did with Germany. The fact they eased to victory in the disappointing manner they did doesn't do your side any favours. 

It will sound harsh and sorry to sound so cold when you've just exited the tournament but I don't feel you should be content at simply turning up for the party. It was an opportunity to showcase the team on the World stage and you flopped. Brutal as it sounds but truth hurts sometimes. Sorry.

Just now, Lucas said:

I can only judge on what I see I'm afraid. I just felt with your team you could play till midnight and not score. I was very disappointed to tell you the truth because I fancied you to ruffle France a bit if you really went at them like Mexico did with Germany. The fact they eased to victory in the disappointing manner they did doesn't do your side any favours. 

It will sound harsh but I don't feel you should be content at simply turning up for the party. It was an opportunity to showcase the team on the World stage and you flopped. Brutal as it sounds but truth hurts sometimes. Sorry.

Germany had an awful game against Mexico. France actually looked good in some spells, and like me and Eco agreed earlier, a top form Peru more than likely will lose to a top form France.

We aren't content that we just turned up and got sent back home. We showcased the team in the World Cup and impressed most. What do I think? Its a terrible campaign, but again I think we were in awe of the situation. The team has a ton of quality and is a work in progress, but before Denmark we hadn't lost in almost 2 years. In South America, that's not an easy thing to accomplish. 

I don't think we were quite at our best but its harsh to judge us based on a performance against France.

5 hours ago, Marc said:

You've got be stupid or just not know the laws of the game to believe that was a penalty.

It does not say that in the laws of the game, you have just completely made this up. Luckily i'm here to call you out on it (again)

If you think it's a penalty, remind yourself with the actual laws of the game, not random shit sir balon is posting.

Don't consider previous penalties or examples where referees and pundits make the wrong call. Just look at the laws. 

https://football-technology.fifa.com/media/1245/lotg_17_18_en.pdf

The grey area is the definition of 'deliberate' but when considering the above bullet points (from the actual laws of the game, i didn't make this up like Balon), I don't see how anyone can consider it to be a foul.

There was no movement of hand towards ball, the distance was practically zero (unexpected ball) and the position of the hand does not necessarily mean there is an offence - Un-natural position blah blah is not in the laws of the game.

@SirBalon

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol look out @SirBalon, you've got someone who was right about it and REALLY wants to make sure you know. As if that'll somehow cut you deep xD haha, kids are silly.

Mate... In my life I’ve witnessed many fools. But I can forgive fools because they don’t know any better. But fools that are charlatans are something that I dig into them every now and then and then ignore them for a while like worms. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

As if you think good posting gets you MOTM. Send nudes or fuck off.

Cannabis, i won member of the month before I'd even been on the forum for a month.

Who called Balon out on his shit before I arrive? or did everyone just believe him?

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Cannabis, i won member of the month before I'd even been on the forum for a month.

Who called Balon out on his shit before I arrive? or did everyone just believe him?

Pretty sure people have disagreed with SB without being extra cunty about it.

Anyways, if you want MOTM you've got to send the mods nudes. And tasteful dick pics. Not just 1 tasteful dick pic, pics plural. Different angles, lighting, etc... isn't that right @Cannabis, @Stan, @DeadLinesman, @Harvsky, etc?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyways, if you want MOTM you've got to send the mods nudes. And tasteful dick pics. Not just 1 tasteful dick pic, pics plural. Different angles, lighting, etc... isn't that right @Cannabis, @Stan, @DeadLinesman, @Harvsky, etc?

the amount of times people have sent selfies or just normal pics and they think it gets them MOTM. Ha. Jokes on them. You know the score.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Roger roger.

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived